Taco Bell

As compared to many restaurants? Nope. They are probably cleaner.

I turned in a restaurant I have occasionally dined / ordered out from due to an extremely unhygienic condition. They have been shut down.

I don't know why you would judge trucks over restaurants.

:rolleyes: Stop misinterpreting my posts. Did you even read #27? I am leery about hygiene and safety in any place that serves food... restaurants, food trucks, church picnics, Lenten fish fries, whatever.

"Summer in Pittsburgh means festivals, featuring a wide variety of food. Action News Investigates has found dozens of food vendors at those festivals were cited for health code violations... inspection records obtained by Action News Investigates show dozens of other festival vendors have been cited for temperature violations."

"The Allegheny County Health Department shut down a John the Greek mobile food truck for operating without a permit. The department also cited the truck — listed as truck #5 — for food safety violations including food held at unsafe temperatures, unsafe cooling practices and inadequate cleaning and sanitization."

This is a pricey restaurant in Pittsburgh.

Mallorca
2228 E. Carson St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15203

(South Side)

Posted: May 20, 2019
Removed: May 23, 2019

Violation:
Unsafe thawing of vacuum packaged fish; unsafe cooling of prepared foods; lack of temperature monitoring; foods at unsafe temperatures; malfunctioning facilities to maintain safe food temperatures; cross-contamination not prevented; poor employee personal hygiene; food contact surfaces soiled, and not properly cleaned and sanitized; lack of demonstration of food safety knowledge; employee toilet not clean; incomplete date-marking of prepared foods.

I get NC, but, why would you touch a fast food taco while in Sahn Diahgo?

I need a snack on my way to El Indio.

Truth be told, you can get good Mexican food just about everywhere. One of the best Mexican restaurants I ever ate at was in Indiana. Every time I was down there I HAD to go there. Sadly, they closed down.

Truth be told, you can get good Mexican food just about everywhere. One of the best Mexican restaurants I ever ate at was in Indiana. Every time I was down there I HAD to go there. Sadly, they closed down.

You can't really find it within a 50 mile radius of Seattle. It's like a cellular dead zone, except no quality Mexican food instead of cell reception.

:cof1:

Mexican food is all over the world now.... I have friends from South Africa & Australia & they say they have it there, several restaurants..

Prob get a great mutton burrito in Melbourne....lol

25 years ago prob 40% of restaurants in the metro Sacto area where Mexican, & prob 40% Chinese....... Now Thai, Viet & others have changed that mix

Mexican food is all over the world now.... I have friends from South Africa & Australia & they say they have it there, several restaurants..

Prob get a great mutton burrito in Melbourne....lol

25 years ago prob 40% of restaurants in the metro Sacto area where Mexican, & prob 40% Chinese....... Now Thai, Viet & others have changed that mix

Yep, us damn Mexicans are EVERYWHERE. Lol.

I see there's a lot of Pho joints in San Diego now. I went to high school with a lot of Vietnamese people.

Yep, us damn Mexicans are EVERYWHERE. Lol.

I see there's a lot of Pho joints in San Diego now. I went to high school with a lot of Vietnamese people.

Yea they are tons of them in South Sac, over on Stockton Blvd many great Pho & noodle house.. They offically name the area Little Saigon..

You are Mexican American?? If I may ask??

Most of the new Asian places have taken away from Chinese restaurants more than any others although there are still many popular Chinese places..

Yea they are tons of them in South Sac, over on Stockton Blvd many great Pho & noodle house.. They offically name the area Little Saigon..

You are Mexican American?? If I may ask??

Most of the new Asian places have taken away from Chinese restaurants more than any others although there are still many popular Chinese places..

Yes, I'm third generation Mexican American. My grandparents on both sides were from Mexico.

I haven't seen any Pho restaurants in Ohio yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Yes, I'm third generation Mexican American. My grandparents on both sides were from Mexico.

I haven't seen any Pho restaurants in Ohio yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Cool....... :)

It is just a matter of time.. One of my daughters (who really loves Pho & varies Viet foods) was in Japan for 4 years & when she finally moved back she ate @ her fav Pho place 4 times first week back.:rofl2: There is almost no ethnic foods in Northern Japan... A few Indian but nothing else...

Is there Thai there yet??

We are now getting tons of "Fusion" restaurants, some are good, other things are just wrong..

We went to a dinner @ some place my son picked & his wife (she is Viet) & I both ordered a "Korean-taco"........ What a mistake that was..:laugh:

Cool....... :)

It is just a matter of time.. One of my daughters (who really loves Pho & varies Viet foods) was in Japan for 4 years & when she finally moved back she ate @ her fav Pho place 4 times first week back.:rofl2: There is almost no ethnic foods in Northern Japan... A few Indian but nothing else...

Is there Thai there yet??

We are now getting tons of "Fusion" restaurants, some are good, other things are just wrong..

We went to a dinner @ some place my son picked & his wife (she is Viet) & I both ordered a "Korean-taco"........ What a mistake that was..:laugh:

Yes, we have Japanese, Thai, and Indian food, but no Vietnamese that I know of. Okay I just did a Google Maps search, and evidently there are few Vietnamese places up around Cleveland, and a couple near Youngstown Ohio. Cool!

Yes, we have Japanese, Thai, and Indian food, but no Vietnamese that I know of. Okay I just did a Google Maps search, and evidently there are few Vietnamese places up around Cleveland, and a couple near Youngstown Ohio. Cool!

What I found funny was having them in NOLA & out in the delta.....

When I was there I don't think I saw an Asian in 3 years.....

It is kinda funny as well that hot soup would be so popular in a country so hot & muggy most of the year..

You can get very decent pho in Columbus;) Several places;) One of our favorites is Indochine....

LOL, yes I heard that a lot about the weather....... I was born in Everett but moved when I was around 2 to San Jose.......

You in SD now?? I was thinking of moving back to Wash, still have fam there.

They all say the weather is depressing.. I like outdoor activities so I am reluctant to go back up there....... Maybe Oregon or up in the foothilles east of of here........

I think the first taco bell I was @ was in San Jose, on Alum Rock Ave sometime in the late 60's... My favorite then was the frijoles.

Yes, the weather can be depressing, but in true Tao fashion, it can also be stunningly beautiful, even on gloomy days. Plus, there are a lot of avid outdoors people and a lot to do. You don't have to get far out of the cities to be in amazing wilderness. Summers can be a bust, but are often beautiful, with warm temps not uncommon, even in October.

No, it is not for everyone. I prefer the forests in the Eastern U.S. I have lived in the Bay Area and North Hollywood. Leaving southern Cal was one of the wisest decisions I ever made.

You can get very decent pho in Columbus;) Several places;) One of our favorites is Indochine....

I've never even had Pho, but after listening to Anthony Bourdain describe it in his book Medium Raw, I really really want to try it, LOL.

Yes, the weather can be depressing, but in true Tao fashion, it can also be stunningly beautiful, even on gloomy days. Plus, there are a lot of avid outdoors people and a lot to do. You don't have to get far out of the cities to be in amazing wilderness. Summers can be a bust, but are often beautiful, with warm temps not uncommon, even in October.

No, it is not for everyone. I prefer the forests in the Eastern U.S. I have lived in the Bay Area and North Hollywood. Leaving southern Cal was one of the wisest decisions I ever made.

Yes, it is stunningly beautiful.. I use to recall driving up in August.. Stopping for a bit in & around Everett & then heading up to Vancouver, BC...

We use to joke it was so green it made your eyes hurt..lol Prob the higher humidity had something to do w/ that.

I am sure I could adjust.. Just have to get use to occasionally hiking or kayaking in some rain... Which isn't bad, even up top here there is a good chance of getting into a Mt thunder shower which can be loud & pretty intense locally..
Where abouts in the Bay Area?? If I may ask??

I've never even had Pho, but after listening to Anthony Bourdain describe it in his book Medium Raw, I really really want to try it, LOL.

There are different types but chxn broth & basil is pretty common in most of them.. I really like mint in some dishes... @ first I really thought it was weird to have something w/ both mint & basil but it is awesome in like a spring roll w/ rice paper wrap, green onion & a nice prawn/shrimp..........

My son has a BF & business partner that has a Viet/Chinese bakery & they make spring rolls & very reasonable price (they supply to Viet & Chinese stores & some restaurants) & they come in a pack of two w/ tangy peanut dipping sauce...

Vietnamese-Rice-Paper-Rolls-7-landscape.jpg

There are different types but chxn broth & basil is pretty common in most of them.. I really like mint in some dishes... @ first I really thought it was weird to have something w/ both mint & basil but it is awesome in like a spring roll w/ rice paper wrap, green onion & a nice prawn/shrimp..........

My son has a BF & business partner that has a Viet/Chinese bakery & they make spring rolls & very reasonable price (they supply to Viet & Chinese stores & some restaurants) & they come in a pack of two w/ tangy peanut dipping sauce...

Vietnamese-Rice-Paper-Rolls-7-landscape.jpg

Now I'm getting hungry.

Yes, it is stunningly beautiful.. I use to recall driving up in August.. Stopping for a bit in & around Everett & then heading up to Vancouver, BC...

We use to joke it was so green it made your eyes hurt..lol Prob the higher humidity had something to do w/ that.

I am sure I could adjust.. Just have to get use to occasionally hiking or kayaking in some rain... Which isn't bad, even up top here there is a good chance of getting into a Mt thunder shower which can be loud & pretty intense locally..
Where abouts in the Bay Area?? If I may ask??

I lived in Berkeley. My Pinkerton's office was @ 731 Market St.

My views aren't Republican,the Democrats have no views.

Your views are Democrat, but since you've been called on it, you are no longer sticking to your views.

I have occasionally changed my views due to a discussion or debate I had on this board, however, my core beliefs had pretty much remained the same.

Maybe that makes me pig headed. I don't know. I do know I am willing to see and listen to an opposing view point. And don't be pendatic about see and listening.

I don't remember all who have altered and educated my POV, but off the top of my head... Oncelcer, Grind, Damocles, Rana....probably others but they don't post here anymore.

I believe in an open mind. Debate is key to that. I strongly believe in the Socrate Method. It can be abused, however, if used fairly and honestly, I believe it to be one of the best methods of discourse.

Back