The 2012 NCAA Football season has begun!!

Wow, I didn't know you were a Nebraska fan, SF. I sincerely hope we can get them and the Oklahoma teams into the PAC someday soon, so that we can have more talant than just USC and Oregon...

I would love for the Huskers to play 'Bama.... just to see where our new O stands against a great D like that.

Your Huskers looked tough. Martinez looks like a winner, and he lit up the Southern Miss D like a christmas tree.

I'd love to see them play Bama. But it will only happen in a bowl game this year.

Your Huskers looked tough. Martinez looks like a winner, and he lit up the Southern Miss D like a christmas tree.

I'd love to see them play Bama. But it will only happen in a bowl game this year.

We will see about Martinez when he goes up against a better D. That said, he obviously worked on his throwing mechanics as he looked much much much improved in that category. Not to mention he didn't run that much.

UCLA up next...

We will see about Martinez when he goes up against a better D. That said, he obviously worked on his throwing mechanics as he looked much much much improved in that category. Not to mention he didn't run that much.

UCLA up next...

He did have a strange throwing motion last year. He looked sharp this year, but its hard to tell until it is up against a tougher defense.

Because it's irrelevant. The future of NCAA foosball is the PAC, ACC, and SEC.

The ACC? I think the Big 12 is more relevant that the ACC. Texas played for the NC in '09, and OK State was the best team outside the SEC last year. I know we keep hearing that FL State and Miami are back. But we keep hearing the same thing about Notre Dame, and that hasn't worked out.

The ACC doesn't yet have the onfield power, but it is currently the most enterprising conference. It has basically gobbled up the entire Big East, and is steadily moving west. The SEC is doing to same thing by winning over Mizzou and making more inroads into Texass. The PAC acquired two shitty teams, but it will continue to engage in talks with Nebraska, the Oklahomas, and schools in Texas.

This will place all other conferences in untenable positions.

The ACC doesn't yet have the onfield power, but it is currently the most enterprising conference. It has basically gobbled up the entire Big East, and is steadily moving west. The SEC is doing to same thing by winning over Mizzou and making more inroads into Texass. The PAC acquired two shitty teams, but it will continue to engage in talks with Nebraska, the Oklahomas, and schools in Texas.

This will place all other conferences in untenable positions.

So we will get it down to 3 or 4 super conferences? If they would go to an 8 team playoff (or better yet, a 16 team) I wouldn't have a problem with that.

It would also mean Notre Lame would probably have to join a conference to get anywhere playing football.

Yeah, the 3-4 megaconference system would lend itself more handily to forcing the establishment of a legitimate playoff system. Notre Dame would probably have to join either the ACC or PAC (or the 4th conference, should one exist).

Yeah, the 3-4 megaconference system would lend itself more handily to forcing the establishment of a legitimate playoff system. Notre Dame would probably have to join either the ACC or PAC (or the 4th conference, should one exist).

Having just 3 conferences (if everyone in Div I was in a conf) means we would have better than 40 schools per conference. The teams would have to play 19 games just to determine a division winner to advance to the conf championship, then the championship, and then 4 playoff games?

24 game season?

They would probably rotate the schedules around so that you don't play every team every year (well, except for the dominant teams which would keep seeing each other in the playoffs). I can see where having at least 4 conferences would be good, though.

He did have a strange throwing motion last year. He looked sharp this year, but its hard to tell until it is up against a tougher defense.

You mean the 'look like you are falling on your ass as you throw' motion? Yeah, that is indeed weird. I don't know much about the UCLA defense this year, but my guess is he won't be tested until we hit the Big Ten schedule.

Having just 3 conferences (if everyone in Div I was in a conf) means we would have better than 40 schools per conference. The teams would have to play 19 games just to determine a division winner to advance to the conf championship, then the championship, and then 4 playoff games?

24 game season?

My guess is you end up with six conferences and then get a playoff with the six conference winners and two wildcards.

Back