The 2012 NCAA Football season has begun!!

Big 10 looks pathetic this year. There's a damned good chance OSU could end up being the best team in the conference. Which right now isn't saying a lot. Their win against Cal was anything but impressive. OSU relied on superior talentto win but their execution was sloppy and their tackling pathetic. I don't know how many times I saw an OSU defender failing to wrap up a tackle. I mean this is fundamental. We might be a top 20 team but we're certainly not a top 10 team.

You can tell the team is having trouble adapting to Meyers game plan by how they have been getting off to slow starts against marginal competition. The lack of execution and fundamentals is indicative that the team is still going through a learning phase. They plays look scripted and take to long to develop.

Having said that, Braxton Miller looks like in another year or two he could be a Heisman candidate.

Big 10 looks pathetic this year. There's a damned good chance OSU could end up being the best team in the conference. Which right now isn't saying a lot. Their win against Cal was anything but impressive. OSU relied on superior talentto win but their execution was sloppy and their tackling pathetic. I don't know how many times I saw an OSU defender failing to wrap up a tackle. I mean this is fundamental. We might be a top 20 team but we're certainly not a top 10 team.

You can tell the team is having trouble adapting to Meyers game plan by how they have been getting off to slow starts against marginal competition. The lack of execution and fundamentals is indicative that the team is still going through a learning phase. They plays look scripted and take to long to develop.

Having said that, Braxton Miller looks like in another year or two he could be a Heisman candidate.

I watched most of their game against Cal, and OSU has the talent. Braxton Miller is the real deal. But you are absolutely right about the tackling. And that seems to be all over college football this year. I have seen more bad tackling this year than in a good while. WTH?

With what I have seen from Wisconsin, Michigan and Michigan ST, OSU is easily the best team in the conference.

B
I know Ark had lost their Heisman candidate QB, but their defense sucked too and gave up for most of the 2nd half. I have not seen a major team quit like that in a long time.

ESPN is saying the Crimson Tide looks unbeatable! That otta make one Bama fan smile!

B

ESPN is saying the Crimson Tide looks unbeatable! That otta make one Bama fan smile!

I have been smiling all season, but I am not buying the "unbeatable". Any team can be beaten. But if we beat LSU in Nov. I will start making plans to watch us win another NC.

I have been smiling all season, but I am not buying the "unbeatable". Any team can be beaten. But if we beat LSU in Nov. I will start making plans to watch us win another NC.

It's like Coach Saban said, don't disrespect our opponents like that! Whoever we play, CAN beat us, on any given Saturday. A win over Alabama would be most school's greatest win in history, if they can pull it off. That's a powerful incentive. A fellow Bama friend and I were talking the other day about this, he said he didn't see any opponent on our schedule who could beat us, and I replied... they ALL can! I reminded him that regardless of what we think, whoever does finally defeat Alabama, will do so as the 'underdog' and won't be expected to win going in. That's just a fact of life we need to realize, whenever we do finally lose, it won't be something we expected or anticipated.

Still... it's so nice to see Alabama back on top again. Younger fans are getting a taste of what it was like in the 60s and 70s under Bear, when teams literally feared having to play us. I hope Saban can keep things going, and I believe he can.

One thing that I can say about Saban, when he came to Alabama my biggest concern wasn't that he couldn't win a national championship, I knew he could do that... it was what would happen AFTER that. He had one season where the team sort of lost focus and blew their chances, then he came back next season and won another... that answered my concerns about him as a coach. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him match Bear's incomparable 6 rings, before he is done. Two down, four to go!

Back