The 2012 NCAA Football season has begun!!

Weird year for football. More big name teams are having trouble with the little guys this year than ever.

Have we achieved parity in college football?

I like to see the Plains West schools do well. There's something that appeals to me about the states of Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and the Dakotas.

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but from what I am seeing, the only team who might be able to prevent the Tide from winning another National Championship is Steve Spurrier's Gamecocks!

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but from what I am seeing, the only team who might be able to prevent the Tide from winning another National Championship is Steve Spurrier's Gamecocks!

Spurrier has his team looking tough, thats for sure. WV looks like a top team too. I thought the Texas D would stop him. They could derail us too.

How bout them Buckeyes. I question whether they are a "#8" team but I sure didn't expect them to put the beat down on Nebraska like they did. Not after they were down 14 to 7 in the first quarter.

As a Bama fan, I hope we don't have to play Spurrier in the SEC Championship game. Florida could also be tough, Muschamp has about got his shit together down there, and they are going to be formidable. I can't believe how pathetic Georgia has become, as well as LSU in the West... I really expected this to be Richt's year to shine at UGA, but now I think they will be calling for his job before the end of the season, if he can't get control of his team and turn things around.

Auburn and Arkansas... just wow. They are downright awful this year. At least Arky has kind of an excuse for sucking so bad, but AU is clinging to the "we are still a young team" line. As usual, by the time they get to Bama, the Bama game will be the most defining moment in Auburn football history and most important game... and we'll have our hands full. Every team that steps on that field with us, wants to beat us and thinks they can. This is what Coach Saban is trying to drive home every week with these guys. We have to take every opponent seriously, because the one you don't, will be the one to pull of the 'major upset' that is inevitably coming. It is difficult to make it through a complete NCAA season without a loss, and to make it through nearly two, is damn unlikely, but Bama has the team that can do it.

From a talent perspective, the only team I see that could give them much competition at this point in the SEC is South Carolina and possibly Florida. In the West, I am more afraid of Miss St. than LSWho.

Back