The 2012 NCAA Football season has begun!!

As a Bama fan, I hope we don't have to play Spurrier in the SEC Championship game. Florida could also be tough, Muschamp has about got his shit together down there, and they are going to be formidable. I can't believe how pathetic Georgia has become, as well as LSU in the West... I really expected this to be Richt's year to shine at UGA, but now I think they will be calling for his job before the end of the season, if he can't get control of his team and turn things around.

Auburn and Arkansas... just wow. They are downright awful this year. At least Arky has kind of an excuse for sucking so bad, but AU is clinging to the "we are still a young team" line. As usual, by the time they get to Bama, the Bama game will be the most defining moment in Auburn football history and most important game... and we'll have our hands full. Every team that steps on that field with us, wants to beat us and thinks they can. This is what Coach Saban is trying to drive home every week with these guys. We have to take every opponent seriously, because the one you don't, will be the one to pull of the 'major upset' that is inevitably coming. It is difficult to make it through a complete NCAA season without a loss, and to make it through nearly two, is damn unlikely, but Bama has the team that can do it.

From a talent perspective, the only team I see that could give them much competition at this point in the SEC is South Carolina and possibly Florida. In the West, I am more afraid of Miss St. than LSWho.

I think Richt will be fine. GA will end up 10-2. The Dawg fans seem ok with that.

[h=1]Oregon Football: Can Anyone In The Pac-12 Beat Them?[/h]

153590863.0_standard_709.0.jpg

http://www.pacifictakes.com/2012/10...cs-national-championship-usc-asu-osu-stanford

KSU is playing pretty damned slowly in Iowa. Better step it up here, as the second half kicks off with no less than two penalties in the return...

This weekend Florida should win the SEC East. Then Bama will play MS State and LSU to win the SEC West.

The SEC Championship should be an excellent defensive showcase, but Bama's offense will be too much for the Gators.

Hopefully MS State will pull off the upset...

They do worry me. They have quietly been putting together a great season.

But Bama is looking great. The team is super focused. Watch them play. There is less celebration after tackles, sacks and scores. They have had few penalties and even fewer turnovers. Nick has them believing in "The Process".

Every time a flag is thrown for unsportsmanlike conduct, and someone frantically asks "what the hell just happened?" I respond in full monotone voice, "someone just said 'yay'..."

As you can see, I have a lot of love for the suits running the NCAA. I even got mad last year when Perdue was getting hit with UC penalties in a game against Notre Dame, and obviously I am an Irish fan.

Every time a flag is thrown for unsportsmanlike conduct, and someone frantically asks "what the hell just happened?" I respond in full monotone voice, "someone just said 'yay'..."

As you can see, I have a lot of love for the suits running the NCAA. I even got mad last year when Perdue was getting hit with UC penalties in a game against Notre Dame, and obviously I am an Irish fan.

I hate the bullshit penalties too. And the NCAA needs to be slapped on several levels.

Back