The awesomeness of cycling

grind obviously never heard of bike lines, nor the LAWS that state cars and bikes SHARE the road. at least that is the law in cali....maybe boston is just a bunch of knuckle draggers that can't figure out how to ride a bicycle.

:palm:

Yurt, I've NEVER seen a single cyclist that obeys any rule of the road. Riding in tandem 20 miles under the speed limit on a two lane road and ignoring all traffic lights is the norm everywhere I've been, and I've been all over. Even places with designated bike lanes. I've almost been in an accident 3 times because some asshole decided he didn't need to obey the red light at 50mph intersection. And yet if I had killed the dumbass on the bike, cyclists would be up in arms because I OBEYED THE GOD DAMNDED LAW. Police yourselves (this is a generalized statement) and maybe you'll be more accepted. I have no problem with the theoretical person who rides a bike and obeys the speed limit and doesn't get in my way. But I've never seen one.

=C'Thulhu;1016489]Yurt, I've NEVER seen a single cyclist that obeys any rule of the road.

so what? your anecdotal evidence is proof that all cyclists are assholes? i obey the rules of the road and so does every member of the club i belong to. that is approximately 100 riders. do you want a anecdotal competition?

Riding in tandem 20 miles under the speed limit on a two lane road and ignoring all traffic lights is the norm everywhere I've been, and I've been all over. Even places with designated bike lanes. I've almost been in an accident 3 times because some asshole decided he didn't need to obey the red light at 50mph intersection. And yet if I had killed the dumbass on the bike, cyclists would be up in arms because I OBEYED THE GOD DAMNDED LAW. Police yourselves (this is a generalized statement) and maybe you'll be more accepted. I have no problem with the theoretical person who rides a bike and obeys the speed limit and doesn't get in my way. But I've never seen one.

i will grant you there are fucking dumb riders. i've nearly hit over a dozen myself. but let's go with this. all the way. i've nearly hit over a hundred stupid car drivers.

i will grant you there are fucking dumb riders. i've nearly hit over a dozen myself. but let's go with this. all the way. i've nearly hit over a hundred stupid car drivers.

Yeah, I can't argue against that, but I don't play favorites. If it were up to me, getting your drivers license would be an achievement indeed. And it'd expire every 5 years, so you'd need to retest.

i need to do this, been on a 2 year body makeover. Swim weights ( ripcords and deadweights) tread, crunches, no smoking, no booze, no (ok a LITLLE) weed.

I need to get a bike -perfect here in flat Florida. I'm just so damn broke, i can't spend grand on a bike.
You can find a decent late model steel frame road bike for around $250 to $350 on Ebay. You just need to know what to look for and how to size a road bike to fit you. Beware though! Florida has the highest rate of bicycling fatalities in the nation due to all the FOP's.

Here's a couple of used road bikes in that price range on Ebay that are good quality bikes that just need some basic maintenance. These are 54 cm which would fit someone between 5'6" and 5' 10". As you can see these aren't Tour de France quality but their good quality road bikes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Can...40769047393?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item20c67d3361

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Trek-1...20931198725?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item1c280fa705

Then there is Bikes Direct. This is what you can get for $599 at Bikes Direct. This is a hydroformed aluminum compact frame (good for climbing hills) and SRAM Apex components (comparable to shimano 105 or campy veloce), that's entry level race quality. The wheels pretty decent too. A pair of alex 450's ussually retail alone for around $175. So those are good wheels. So in all you're getting a hell of a lot of bike for the buck here. Most bikes at this quality are around $1200.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/gravity/liberty_x.htm

I agree. I know to many cyclist who behave badly and either block traffic or don't obey the traffic laws. They are often the main problem with developing cycling infrastructure. I simply won't ride with people who do that shit.

I am sure that not being included in your homo cycling club is a huge blow to their ego.

we don't have bike lanes. Bike lanes are appropriate because they keep the asshole bikers in their true place.

Adding to my hatred of bikers, I had a class project a few years back where I got stuck with a bunch of bike douches. The bike douches made us have a project on how to create a more bike friendly city, taking into account local politics/money/ etc. Oh did I mention this was when I had to be hospitalized for ~4 weeks during the semester and have surgery? and their meeting days for putting the project together I was drugged up, but even still offered help from my hospital bed, but the bike douches ignored me and then marked me down for not participating in the project? and even when my professor knew the circumstances MY ASSHOLE DICKHEAD BITCH PROFESSOR said "welll.... I have to abide by what the group says . ." And the lesbo manhating birkstocks HIPSTER BIKER GIRL TOTALLY FUCKED ME OVER. I fucking HATE BIKERS

FUCK BIKERS
Let it go Grind.....let it go!

Yurt, I've NEVER seen a single cyclist that obeys any rule of the road. Riding in tandem 20 miles under the speed limit on a two lane road and ignoring all traffic lights is the norm everywhere I've been, and I've been all over. Even places with designated bike lanes. I've almost been in an accident 3 times because some asshole decided he didn't need to obey the red light at 50mph intersection. And yet if I had killed the dumbass on the bike, cyclists would be up in arms because I OBEYED THE GOD DAMNDED LAW. Police yourselves (this is a generalized statement) and maybe you'll be more accepted. I have no problem with the theoretical person who rides a bike and obeys the speed limit and doesn't get in my way. But I've never seen one.
I agree and I have no problem with LE citing cyclist who disobey traffic laws. Run a red light and you should get a ticket just like anyone in a car.

I've been on the opposite end of that stick. I about got killed once cause I was drafting behind a very, very experienced cyclist who should have known better. He shot through a 4 way stop and since I was drafting him I thought it was clear and followed him and I god damned near got my ass ran over. I let him know I wasn't happy about that.

so what? your anecdotal evidence is proof that all cyclists are assholes? i obey the rules of the road and so does every member of the club i belong to. that is approximately 100 riders. do you want a anecdotal competition?

True Dat!

Drivers Cyclist Fear Most.

#5. Teenagers driving anything - cause their idiots.
#4. Rednecks in pick up trucks - cause they think cyclist make good hood ornaments and that people in great big trucks have more of a right to the road than people in itty bitty bicycles (or cars or motorcycles for that matter)......YEEHAW!
#3. MILF's in minivans - Cause getting little precious to soccer practice is more important than your life.
#2. Old men in luxury cars - If you were a better human being you would be driving a luxury car and not a bike, ergo, their car is more important than your life.

and the #1 driver that is most feared by cyclest?......drum roll please.......

#1 Goes to BMW drivers! BMW's are built by Nazi's and driven by assholes....a coincidence? I think not!

Yeah, I can't argue against that, but I don't play favorites. If it were up to me, getting your drivers license would be an achievement indeed. And it'd expire every 5 years, so you'd need to retest.
and that they would enforce the physical exams. There are to many people, particularly elderly ones, who are physically incompetent to drive. I think your measure would save a lot of lives too by keeping the inept and stupid off the roads.

bikers love going downhill.
We do indeed. One of my proudest accoplisments on a bike was I busted by a cop and given a ticket for doing over 60 in a 25 mph zone on my bike ( I was descending Clingmans Dome in TN.). The cop couldn't understand why my buddy and I were so pleased about getting a ticket. Hell I framed it. :)

i hate bikers. I hope you all get hit by cars. prole bikers think we spent millions building roads for their silly bikes. no. YOU ARE A GUEST ON OUR ROADS. Move to the shoulder and get the fuck out of the way!

No little one, we are taxpayers and have every right to be on most roads. Just as motorcycles do, just as cars do, etc... I agree with those who admonished bikers who do not obey traffic laws, but bikers have the same right to be there as that dumbass who talks on their phone while driving (or worse, texts while driving)

Back