The awesomeness of cycling

we don't have bike lanes. Bike lanes are appropriate because they keep the asshole bikers in their true place.

Adding to my hatred of bikers, I had a class project a few years back where I got stuck with a bunch of bike douches. The bike douches made us have a project on how to create a more bike friendly city, taking into account local politics/money/ etc. Oh did I mention this was when I had to be hospitalized for ~4 weeks during the semester and have surgery? and their meeting days for putting the project together I was drugged up, but even still offered help from my hospital bed, but the bike douches ignored me and then marked me down for not participating in the project? and even when my professor knew the circumstances MY ASSHOLE DICKHEAD BITCH PROFESSOR said "welll.... I have to abide by what the group says . ." And the lesbo manhating birkstocks HIPSTER BIKER GIRL TOTALLY FUCKED ME OVER. I fucking HATE BIKERS

FUCK BIKERS

Grind, don't hold back... tell us how you really feel.

You can find a decent late model steel frame road bike for around $250 to $350 on Ebay. You just need to know what to look for and how to size a road bike to fit you. Beware though! Florida has the highest rate of bicycling fatalities in the nation due to all the FOP's.

Here's a couple of used road bikes in that price range on Ebay that are good quality bikes that just need some basic maintenance. These are 54 cm which would fit someone between 5'6" and 5' 10". As you can see these aren't Tour de France quality but their good quality road bikes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Can...40769047393?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item20c67d3361

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Trek-1...20931198725?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item1c280fa705

better yet, go to craigslist right after a local triathlon/century ride/duathlon etc... you will tend to find good deals from those that thought they wanted to take up cycling and then realized they were panzies like Toppy and couldn't hang.

better yet, go to craigslist right after a local triathlon/century ride/duathlon etc... you will tend to find good deals from those that thought they wanted to take up cycling and then realized they were panzies like Toppy and couldn't hang.
Super freak hangs out with and blows his biker boys.

No little one, we are taxpayers and have every right to be on most roads. Just as motorcycles do, just as cars do, etc... I agree with those who admonished bikers who do not obey traffic laws, but bikers have the same right to be there as that dumbass who talks on their phone while driving (or worse, texts while driving)

I mean, we can't ride on the sidewalk. Unlike on the ride, where some people are simply mildly inconvenienced by bikes, on riding on the sidewalk can actually kill people. Unless there are bike lanes, the only place to ride is on the road. It is obvious that a bike is not going to be able to match the speed limit on many roads (although Billy seems to be confusing the "speed limit" with a "speed minimum", which is only present on highways). I guess we could simply ban bikes from the road, and make America even fatter than it already is, in order to eliminate mild annoyances from these peoples life.

One problem, of course, is that bikes aren't common on the road, so people often aren't used to their presence. Also, there's a lack of education when it comes to bikers, who often don't seem to understand that there aren't two different sets of rules. For instance, you almost never get hand signals from bikers on the road, although anything on the road is legally obligated to give them when they lack some mechanical signals that serve the purpose. Perhaps a bike should merely be one of the things listed on your drivers license, and if you don't educate yourself on the laws and pass some sort of biking test, you're not allowed to bike on the road.

I mean, we can't ride on the sidewalk. Unlike on the ride, where some people are simply mildly inconvenienced by bikes, on riding on the sidewalk can actually kill people. Unless there are bike lanes, the only place to ride is on the road. It is obvious that a bike is not going to be able to match the speed limit on many roads (although Billy seems to be confusing the "speed limit" with a "speed minimum", which is only present on highways). I guess we could simply ban bikes from the road, and make America even fatter than it already is, in order to eliminate mild annoyances from these peoples life.

Precisely... riding on the sidewalk is not an option. It is far more dangerous for bikers and walkers to share the sidewalk than for bikers and drivers to share the road.

One problem, of course, is that bikes aren't common on the road, so people often aren't used to their presence. Also, there's a lack of education when it comes to bikers, who often don't seem to understand that there aren't two different sets of rules. For instance, you almost never get hand signals from bikers on the road, although anything on the road is legally obligated to give them when they lack some mechanical signals that serve the purpose. Perhaps a bike should merely be one of the things listed on your drivers license, and if you don't educate yourself on the laws and pass some sort of biking test, you're not allowed to bike on the road.

That problem depends on your location. Bikers are everywhere out here. While we have a great bike path system, some places (typically towards downtown and the older suburbs) don't have them. There are many who ignore the traffic laws and I can understand people getting pissed at them. But for the most part those out here follow the laws and try to help the drivers out by riding single file on narrower roads. That said, I understand we are different than most of the nation in that regard.

Yea SF's right. It's hard to go wrong with Craigslist.

That's not unreasonable. To ride virtually any other vehicle on the road you need a license.

That problem depends on your location. Bikers are everywhere out here. While we have a great bike path system, some places (typically towards downtown and the older suburbs) don't have them. There are many who ignore the traffic laws and I can understand people getting pissed at them. But for the most part those out here follow the laws and try to help the drivers out by riding single file on narrower roads. That said, I understand we are different than most of the nation in that regard.
Well that and we look good in Lycra. :)

True Dat!

Drivers Cyclist Fear Most.

#5. Teenagers driving anything - cause their idiots.
#4. Rednecks in pick up trucks - cause they think cyclist make good hood ornaments and that people in great big trucks have more of a right to the road than people in itty bitty bicycles (or cars or motorcycles for that matter)......YEEHAW!
#3. MILF's in minivans - Cause getting little precious to soccer practice is more important than your life.
#2. Old men in luxury cars - If you were a better human being you would be driving a luxury car and not a bike, ergo, their car is more important than your life.

and the #1 driver that is most feared by cyclest?......drum roll please.......

#1 Goes to BMW drivers! BMW's are built by Nazi's and driven by assholes....a coincidence? I think not!

I've actually been noticing lately that BMW drivers are really pissing me off on the the road. My dad and best friend's dad always hated drivers of Asian cars, but for me it's been BMW drivers of late.

If you guys can't ride safely on the sidewalk, then don't ride at all.

If you can't drive safely with bikers on the road, then don't drive. Get your ass over to that sidewalk and get some exercise.

It is pointless to try and ride on sidewalks. To many pedestrians going in and out of stores and you still end up having to cross intersections. Not to mention that the speed differential between a cyclist and a walker is typically greater than that of a car and a cyclist (at least on most city streets that are 35mph). Not to mention walkers tend to have zero protection from an accident, whereas cyclists are not only aware of moronic motorists, but they also tend to be somewhat protected.

So, basically, when bikers go on the sidewalk, they suck just as much as they do on the road. Thanks.

It has nothing to do with the bikers and everything to do with pedestrians. It would be a constant game of frogger. The odds are substantially higher for a biker to hit a pedestrian who steps in front of them unaware of a bike coming up behind them than it is for a car to hit a cyclist. Most cyclists get hit either because they are not following the traffic laws or the drivers of cars are not.

Back