The best arguments atheists and religionists have been able to muster

"People do not willingly die for lies, half-truths, fabrications."

Someone should tell all the Muslim suicide bombers.
They don't think they are dying for lies.

They also are studiously trying to avoid detection and arrest, rather than preaching in public, and willingly exposing themselves to risk of arrest, torture, execution.

It's not a proper analogy.

This is why I stopped discussing the topic with you and Into the Night.
You stopped because you fled to the hills, ... and then you returned ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ...and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ...

I don't see why this should be a problem. All religions have miracles of sorts, ... and what are miracles? Yes, miracles are violations of physics. Whether it's a man walking on water, a burning bush that doesn't consume any fuel, gallons of water flowing from one's fingers, water spontaneously turning into fine wine, etc., such events are notable because they are miraculous and non-repeatable.

In your religion, they are called "forcings" and "feedbacks" ... and the best part is, worshipers, such as you, claim that they are thettled thienth.

All religions at least involve, if they are not entirely based upon, miracles, so don't pretend that this is somehow not the case with yours.

IF you had any understanding of how climate change is believed to work,
If you had any understanding of science, you wouldn't claim that your stupid miracles are somehow thettled thienth. Violations of thermodynamics don't become "satisfactorily explained" just because you choose to ignore physics, like a frightened child who decides to hide under the blankets.

Since you have no interest in understanding how climate change is believed to work, you continue to repeat falsehoods.
Since you have no interest in understanding any science, you continue to spread falsehoods.

It's the equivalent of me trying to have a scientific discussion about the earth with someone who believes the earth is flat
False. That's my plight.

You're basically doubling down on ignorance.
You have basically quadrupled down on stupid ... many times ... and never winning.

They don't believe they are lies, half-truths or fabrications. They are fanatics.

The fanatics are convinced they are serving a righteous cause and that all means are justified …
—Flora Lewis

That is your guess...that you were chosen.

Lots of people think they they are chosen.

Entire ethnicities, in fact.

Could be correct.

Which is one way to say, "Could be nonsense."
Melchizedek-Files.com has the full story of how a completely unreligious South Toledo guy!
Out of nowhere got the Holy Spirit! And was chosen, against his will!

They don't believe they are lies, half-truths or fabrications. They are fanatics.

The fanatics are convinced they are serving a righteous cause and that all means are justified …
—Flora Lewis
Right, Zenmode just ended up proving my point with his Muslim bombers analogy. They don't believe they are dying for lies, they are true believers.

Right, Zenmode just ended up proving my point with his Muslim bombers analogy. They don't believe they are dying for lies, they are true believers.
Exactly. It's not about facts and logic. It's about fervent belief.

Understanding the Suicide Bomber​

The terms "crazy" and "inhuman" miss the mark

An additional factor is what I will call ‘true believerism,' which is the conviction that you and your group are in possession of The Truth. We tend to evaluate true believerism in terms of content, and as such we see it as dangerous and odd in others but not in ourselves. Somehow, our God stories--the resurrection of the dead, the parting of the sea, the animals on the arc--are glorious, deep, and perfectly laudable but their stories--the virgins, and 70 of them!--are strange, laughable, and loony.

True believerism, however, derives its destructive force not from content but from process. Once the ‘true believing' process is in place, you can pour in any content with similarly destructive results. Whatever document you put into a shredder will be shredded, not by virtue of what the document says but by virtue of what a shredder does.

You stopped because you fled to the hills, ... and then you returned ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ...and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ... and then you fled to the hills again ... and then you returned again ...

I don't see why this should be a problem. All religions have miracles of sorts, ... and what are miracles? Yes, miracles are violations of physics. Whether it's a man walking on water, a burning bush that doesn't consume any fuel, gallons of water flowing from one's fingers, water spontaneously turning into fine wine, etc., such events are notable because they are miraculous and non-repeatable.

In your religion, they are called "forcings" and "feedbacks" ... and the best part is, worshipers, such as you, claim that they are thettled thienth.

All religions at least involve, if they are not entirely based upon, miracles, so don't pretend that this is somehow not the case with yours.

If you had any understanding of science, you wouldn't claim that your stupid miracles are somehow thettled thienth. Violations of thermodynamics don't become "satisfactorily explained" just because you choose to ignore physics, like a frightened child who decides to hide under the blankets.

Since you have no interest in understanding any science, you continue to spread falsehoods.

False. That's my plight.

You have basically quadrupled down on stupid ... many times ... and never winning.
Nice try. Anyone who has an understanding of how climate is believed to work would not...could not....claim a violation of the first law of thermodynamics, yet you repeatedly made the claim.

All that is needed for global temps to increase is for LESS energy to escape. There is no need for additional energy. Again anyone who had a basic understanding of climate change would know that.

Last edited:
Anyone who has an understanding of how climate is believed to work would not ...
Nice try. This is another ZenMode subjunctive fallacy, i.e. "could'a-would'a-should'a." Your science denial-driven faith in physics violations is still objectively delusional and you still cannot explain why any rational adult should worship as you do.

All that is needed for global temps to increase is for LESS energy to escape.
The only way for LESS energy to escape is for "global temps" to decrease. Stefan-Boltzmann. Any increase in "global temps" will cause MORE energy to escape.

There is no need for additional energy.
There is if you are claiming an increase in "global temps." Thermodynamics.

Regardless of what they believe, they are actually dying for lies.
It's not the first time people have died for something that turned out to be wrong.

Regardless, results count. The Palestinian suicide bombers and those who committed the atrocities of October 7th did so regardless if their beliefs are true or not.

Do you propose banning religion like Stalin and Mao attempted to do?

Nice try. This is another ZenMode subjunctive fallacy, i.e. "could'a-would'a-should'a." Your science denial-driven faith in physics violations is still objectively delusional and you still cannot explain why any rational adult should worship as you do.

The only way for LESS energy to escape is for "global temps" to decrease. Stefan-Boltzmann. Any increase in "global temps" will cause MORE energy to escape.

There is if you are claiming an increase in "global temps." Thermodynamics.
Again....you are showing your ignorance. Our atmosphere is THE reason that temperatures are maintained in a range that allows for life to exist. This happens because the atmosphere allows in X amount of energy and slows how quickly energy leaves the atmosphere. Temps don't get too high or too low. This is enhanced on cloudy nights.

All that needs to happen for climate change to be true is for the atmosphere to slow, even further, the rate of energy leaving.

It's not the first time people have died for something that turned out to be wrong.

Regardless, results count. The Palestinian suicide bombers and those who committed the atrocities of October 7th did so regardless if their beliefs are true or not.

Do you propose banning religion like Stalin and Mao attempted to do?
Band religion? No way. Religion is already on the decline in the US and, I believe, as we become more educated it will continue to decrease.

Back