The Big Day

heard reports of over 500,000 sold first day, Jobs goal of 10 million by end of 08 should be a sinch.

I was just reading the news, and saw an article about the Iphone launch. I forgot it was this morning. I am so out of the Zeitgeist. Anyway, I noticed Topper is not around this morning, and I am picturing him, up all night on a caffeine high, staring at his computer right now, as he watches the sales in real time. Every once in a while his body involuntarily jerks, as another effect of the caffeine rushes through him.

I expect we will be hearing about the sales, if they exceed expectations, sometime today.

I refuse to lower myself to the indignity of some sniveling working class whore by laying a single finger on this piece of trite trash known as the "IPhone" - even the name sounds trashy. I shiver whilst typing it.

Did you hear the largest music company refused to renew their iTunes contract?

Did they carry Tchaivosky? I thought not. This "popular music" fad is taking too much time to die down. Ear candy such as the Beatles has consumed far too American minds already. I had expected your countrymen of more refined taste. I have come to doubt that assertion.

high, hoards of people said that about the auto too. Heck their horse and buggy's were fine. Your old cellphone is the horse and buggy.:clink:

I was just reading the news, and saw an article about the Iphone launch. I forgot it was this morning. I am so out of the Zeitgeist. Anyway, I noticed Topper is not around this morning, and I am picturing him, up all night on a caffeine high, staring at his computer right now, as he watches the sales in real time. Every once in a while his body involuntarily jerks, as another effect of the caffeine rushes through him.

I expect we will be hearing about the sales, if they exceed expectations, sometime today.

Oh, please! He was up all night working the Quickbooks. End of the quarter reports are due and all the little bookeepers are busy, busy, busy.

On a lark, I did speak to the Dean of the Business School here. Alas, Topper is right, I couldn't get into the MBA program here, which is a top 25 program BTW... because of my credentials, she would require me to enter the Doctoral program.

that's a bullshit juvenille attempt at a slam. No school is going to tell you that you have to do a Doctorate vs MBA.
It may be true that you have the prereqs for doc and not MBA.

Seriously as an engineer you really should get over your degree envy.:clink:

Oh, please! He was up all night working the Quickbooks. End of the quarter reports are due and all the little bookeepers are busy, busy, busy.

On a lark, I did speak to the Dean of the Business School here. Alas, Topper is right, I couldn't get into the MBA program here, which is a top 25 program BTW... because of my credentials, she would require me to enter the Doctoral program.

LOL

that's a bullshit juvenille attempt at a slam. No school is going to tell you that you have to do a Doctorate vs MBA.
It may be true that you have the prereqs for doc and not MBA.

Seriously as an engineer you really should get over your degree envy.:clink:
You base this on incorrect assumptions, as you only aware of my engineering degrees.

I would never belittle any degree

I could care less if you had 7 undergraduate degrees, no ones going to keep you out of an MBA program because of credential so stop yanking your tool in front of us.
P.S. most PHD's teach, which will bring you in about half what an average MBA makes

"heard reports of over 500,000 sold first day, Jobs goal of 10 million by end of 08 should be a sinch."

Actually it was a half million sold over the weekend to be more exact in the estimation. I bet they have a hard time reaching the 10mm mark.

1) It is currently limited to AT&T
2) The cost of AT&T's plans for the iphone are too expensive for the majority of Americans.
3) It doesn't offer enough over other phones to warrant the high price
4) as Damo mentioned, one of the largest music companies refused to renew their itunes contract.
5) many people (such as myself) already have invested in the ipod or nanopods and won't want the bulkier iphone as our music source... especially those that carry them while biking/running/hiking etc... so other than the better web connection, what is the bene of the iphone to us?

The half million or so that bought them were the tech junkies that simply had to have the newest fad.

I would never belittle any degree

I could care less if you had 7 undergraduate degrees, no ones going to keep you out of an MBA program because of credential so stop yanking your tool in front of us.
P.S. most PHD's teach, which will bring you in about half what an average MBA makes
I have one undergrad degree - it was with honors though.

"heard reports of over 500,000 sold first day, Jobs goal of 10 million by end of 08 should be a sinch."

Actually it was a half million sold over the weekend to be more exact in the estimation. I bet they have a hard time reaching the 10mm mark.

1) It is currently limited to AT&T
2) The cost of AT&T's plans for the iphone are too expensive for the majority of Americans.
3) It doesn't offer enough over other phones to warrant the high price
4) as Damo mentioned, one of the largest music companies refused to renew their itunes contract.
5) many people (such as myself) already have invested in the ipod or nanopods and won't want the bulkier iphone as our music source... especially those that carry them while biking/running/hiking etc... so other than the better web connection, what is the bene of the iphone to us?

The half million or so that bought them were the tech junkies that simply had to have the newest fad.

I can see you went some sort of junior college.

Hey, which music company didn't renew their contract with itunes?

"I could care less if you had 7 undergraduate degrees, no ones going to keep you out of an MBA program because of credential so stop yanking your tool in front of us.
P.S. most PHD's teach, which will bring you in about half what an average MBA makes"

Actually top... most MBA programs would do exactly as Trog suggested. If they feel you are over qualified for their MBA program, they would recommend going into the doctoral instead. Call your alumni head at Loyola... I bet they have the same policy.

I undergrad degree in engineering does not in ANY way over qualify you for an MBA program. Obviously your joking, that's cool

Darla... keep in mind, they may simply have refused to sign the extention as a way to get a contract that is more favorable to them. But at this time this is the case.

"I undergrad degree in engineering does not in ANY way over qualify you for an MBA program. Obviously your joking, that's cool"

You need to discontinue your line of thinking that it is degrees alone that provide an individual with qualifications. The more you make statements like the one above, the less I think you truly understand about the business world.

Back