The car thread

my son recently bought what he says is his dream car......it surprised me but judging by the reactions of his car loving facebook buddies they envy him......

2000 BMW M5
2000-BMW-M5-102-626x382.jpg

Why are most vehicles now made only with 4 cylinder engines?

Because they can get as much HP out of a 4 cylinder now as they got out of a V8 years ago. Electronic ignition, fuel injection and turbochargers/superchargers make the difference.

yeah I heard they were dropping Chevy motors in them back when I had mine. BUt it goes so much farther than that.

Mine was the last year before they sold to Ford. not even counting end of the line creativity with parts, it has this incredibly elegant hydrolic system that controlled the suspension, breaks and power steering. It would literally on its own raise the body of the car on the low side of a turn and similarly lower the outsied to level the passenger experience. trouble was that the constant jiggling of the metal tubes running all over the car created leaks.

they simply were never able to be everyday cars.

So were the Eagle and the Javelin.

iu

iu

Some later Javelin's had those huge front fenders, kinda goofy looking. But the one pictured is one of the nicer ones from the early years.
The Eagle? One of the first "family cars" to have 4WD. An ex girlfriend bought one in '79 or '80. They have enough room in the back...;)

yeah I heard they were dropping Chevy motors in them back when I had mine. BUt it goes so much farther than that.

Mine was the last year before they sold to Ford. not even counting end of the line creativity with parts, it has this incredibly elegant hydrolic system that controlled the suspension, breaks and power steering. It would literally on its own raise the body of the car on the low side of a turn and similarly lower the outsied to level the passenger experience. trouble was that the constant jiggling of the metal tubes running all over the car created leaks.

they simply were never able to be everyday cars.

You should look into Eagle cars. They do E-types right.

https://www.eaglegb.com/7/jaguar-etypes-for-sale

Or Beacham.

https://beacham.co.nz/beacham-e-type/

This was one of the best looking sports cars ever made. It was the inspiration for the Miata later...

front-qtr-low-2.jpg

It's going on 60 years now and it still looks modern.

Back