The Depravity of Mankind

I am weary of the idea of banning an item because it is deemed unnecessary. By doing that we can make good arguments to ban SUVs for non commercial use, leather, or even wooden furniture.

If humans were reasonable no such bans would be needed. But we are society based on rabid consumerism and our self esteem depends on our posessions.

This is true and it is a true social ill. However I don't think the force of law is the appropriate remedy. I prefer publically shaming these people to arresting them.

Originally Posted by uscitizen
If humans were reasonable no such bans would be needed. But we are society based on rabid consumerism and our self esteem depends on our posessions.

Precisely why abortions should also be banned.

Children are posessions ? I am not entirely clear on your reply.

I am weary of the idea of banning an item because it is deemed unnecessary. By doing that we can make good arguments to ban SUVs for non commercial use, leather, or even wooden furniture.

An animal is not a piece of furniture.

If you believe that because we eat meat we should support the torture of animals then I say, ban fucking meat. To eat an animal is one thing, it's natural. To torture it to death is quite another. Like, we may support the death penalty for criminals, but I've rarely heard of civilized people arguing that we should torture them to death by skinning them alive.

An animal is not a piece of furniture.

If you believe that because we eat meat we should support the torture of animals then I say, ban fucking meat. To eat an animal is one thing, it's natural. To torture it to death is quite another. Like, we may support the death penalty for criminals, but I've rarely heard of civilized people arguing that we should torture them to death by skinning them alive.
Honestly, I cannot see how it would make the skin any better. Most are killed by electrocution then skinned. I seriously doubt that this is any other than an Urban Myth perpetuated by a video of somebody paid to do what they want you to think they do regularly.

I seriously doubt that this is any other than an Urban Myth perpetuated by a video of somebody paid to do what they want you to think they do regularly.

It is done regularly. I heard of it long before this video was released. Besides, you think PETA would stand by and permit an animal to be skinned alive? While I acknowledge they are fanatics, I do not think they are downright evil. To stand by and not only permit it, but pay them to do it, is nothing less than satanic.

It is done regularly. I heard of it long before this video was released. Besides, you think PETA would stand by and permit an animal to be skinned alive? While I acknowledge they are fanatics, I do not think they are downright evil. To stand by and not only permit it, but pay them to do it, is nothing less than satanic.
You mean that same group led by the lady who uses Bovine insulin directly against what they preach? That has freezers to put dogs that they put to sleep in so they could hide them?

Yes, I think PETA could, and would, do anything to promote their agenda.

As stated, I heard of this practice long before the video was released. But regardless, somebody did skin animals alive, and that alone is pretty sick. These wackos deserve a bullet to the head.

Back to Calvinism Brent?

I am back to the Bible and have been for several months. What the Bible says, I believe. I've been studying and memorizing scripture. And, I avoid labels. But if you are asking if I believe Calvinism is consistent with scripture, I would have to say yes; but I would have to say Amyraldianism is a bit more consistent than pure Calvinism. I am not so sure about Limited Atonement. I prefer the idea of 'particular application', as this seems most compatible with the Bible.

What the Bible says, I believe.

Wow, that's pretty shocking for a young man. Whatever happened to the inquisitiveness of youth? Drowned under the writings of long dead priests...

You're funny. Once you realize your position isn't liberal enough, you go overboard and demand the banning of fur. Anyway, I am OK with skinning animals so long as they're dead. But to skin animals alive is evil to the core. I'd call it Satanic, and anyone who could commit this wickedness is on their way to the flames of Hell. You ought to see the sheer enjoyment on these bastards' faces. If I were standing nearby, I'd put a bullet in their head with a clean conscience. People who torture animals could easily murder human beings. I know you don't agree with the death penalty, but I believe it is sometimes justified.

Either way, eating/skinning animals is not the ideal. God permitted it for our survival. On the restored Earth, mentioned in Revelation 21, Isaiah 65, etc., animals and humans alike will be vegan, just as Adam and Eve were vegan.

Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Isn't that a beautiful vision?

Why would it be satanic?

Drowned under the writings of long dead priests...

No. I reject Priestcraft.

The Bible says, in 1 Peter 2:9-10, ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; 10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. All Christians are Priests of Christ, and Christ is the Head Priest of the Church.

The Roman priesthood, on the other hand, is of the Devil.

Back