The Depravity of Mankind

That passage refers to jesus, not the pope. Saying so isn't silly.
No, saying that somebody has no authority because somebody has even more authority is silly. You pretend to be totally uncomprehending, but I suspect you are smarter than that. Once again. It would be much like saying a General has no authority because the President has more authority. It simply isn't logical.

No, saying that somebody has no authority because somebody has even more authority is silly. You pretend to be totally uncomprehending, but I suspect you are smarter than that. Once again. It would be much like saying a General has no authority because the President has more authority. It simply isn't logical.

No. You're desperately defending the various theocratic institutions around the world, because you know they are part of implementing the new world order. Why are you so deeply committed to this evil?

Voting stock shares the only solution? LOLOLOLOLOL.
It simply isn't about peter.

No. You're desperately defending the various theocratic institutions around the world, because you know they are part of implementing the new world order. Why are you so deeply committed to this evil?

Voting stock shares the only solution? LOLOLOLOLOL.
It simply isn't about peter.
Once again you misrepresent my position. I said that it could be a solution, not that it is.

And once again, I am asking Brent questions to get him to dig deeper than the standard pat answer. I give verses and reasons, you give silly objections like I am part of some World Order, inanities really. Your objection is based on fear of people who keep their handshakes so secret that anybody can find them on the net. Even in the 1800s there are articles making fun of the "Secrets" of Freemasonry. Even back then their "secrets" were well-known.

Fear can be a way to run your life, but it can't bring much enjoyment.

Once again you misrepresent my position. I said that it could be a solution, not that it is.

And once again, I am asking Brent questions to get him to dig deeper than the standard pat answer. I give verses and reasons, you give silly objections like I am part of some World Order, inanities really. Your objection is based on fear of people who keep their handshakes so secret that anybody can find them on the net. Even in the 1800s there are articles making fun of the "Secrets" of Freemasonry. Even back then their "secrets" were well-known.

Fear can be a way to run your life, but it can't bring much enjoyment.

Why is a buddhist so interested in the authority of the pope? You're a theocracy-lover.

Why is a buddhist so interested in the authority of the pope? You're a theocracy-lover.
I've always been interested in the beliefs of others, and defend other's rights to their beliefs. Why would you feel so threatened by such questions?

What question am I threatened by?
I don't know, you are the one attempting to attack me for a question on Papal authority. So, I would likely say any question of a christian that seems to agree with you. I guarantee he'll come up with a better answer than "Freemasons are Bad" and will actually stick to the subject instead of turning "ad-hominem" and calling me "theocracy-lover", etc.

Terms like that are used constantly to be "stoppers". In the Inquisition time it was "heretic", in the current political climate it is "racist" or "partisan". They have little meaning in actual life. I mean, "theocracy-lover"? When have I ever promoted any takeover of the government by any religion anywhere at all? It is patently ridiculous to make such a statement.

I don't know, you are the one attempting to attack me for a question on Papal authority. So, I would likely say any question of a christian that seems to agree with you. I guarantee he'll come up with a better answer than "Freemasons are Bad" and will actually stick to the subject instead of turning "ad-hominem" and calling me "theocracy-lover", etc.

Terms like that are used constantly to be "stoppers". In the Inquisition time it was "heretic", in the current political climate it is "racist" or "partisan". They have little meaning in actual life. I mean, "theocracy-lover"? When have I ever promoted any takeover of the government by any religion anywhere at all? It is patently ridiculous to make such a statement.

You mean 'stoppers' like "Freemasons aren't secretive, they just aren't, ok?"

You mean 'stoppers' like "Freemasons aren't secretive, they just aren't, ok?"
Right. Except I use actual information to support the assertion other than "You Bad, Believe in Pope..."

It is so seriously funny that there is no serious response to it. Everybody on the site knows that I don't believe in the Pope's infallibility, that I am not threatened by somebody "challenging" Papal authority.

I do however have interest based in curiosity of other's beliefs and as such ask questions about them. Often based in the "how can you be sure" or "how do you interpret this verse" areas. Much of it was the Christian-centralized teaching that I received as a child, specifically in the Evangelical arena. Therefore many of my quesitons are often of Catholicism as I had often heard of their "evils" from the preacher as a child.

Right. Except I use actual information to support the assertion other than "You Bad, Believe in Pope..."

It is so seriously funny that there is no serious response to it. Everybody on the site knows that I don't believe in the Pope's infallibility, that I am not threatened by somebody "challenging" Papal authority.

I do however have interest based in curiosity of other's beliefs and as such ask questions about them. Often based in the "how can you be sure" or "how do you interpret this verse" areas. Much of it was the Christian-centralized teaching that I received as a child, specifically in the Evangelical arena. Therefore many of my quesitons are often of Catholicism as I had often heard of their "evils" from the preacher as a child.

the pro-catholic interpretation is just one of many. Why so testy?

Yes. I wish you to be testy. It is my biggest dream in life that you be testy.
You wish that everybody would react to your "awesome Truth" as you picture it in your mind. For some reason you picture me getting all defensive over a religion I don't believe in and thereby getting "testy".

The problem is you insist that the real world is following the imaginary, regardless of evidence to the contrary. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if suddenly the Pope was regarded as a guy in a funny hat rather than a leader of one of the largest religious organizations on the planet. I would be astounded over what ever caused it, but I wouldn't be at all upset. I would feel for those who were feeling lost over the sudden downfall of what they held Faith in. I would compassionate their miseries to the best of my ability, but it certainly wouldn't devastate my personal world.

You wish that everybody would react to your "awesome Truth" as you picture it in your mind. For some reason you picture me getting all defensive over a religion I don't believe in and thereby getting "testy".

The problem is you insist that the real world is following the imaginary, regardless of evidence to the contrary. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if suddenly the Pope was regarded as a guy in a funny hat rather than a leader of one of the largest religious organizations on the planet. I would be astounded over what ever caused it, but I wouldn't be at all upset. I would feel for those who were feeling lost over the sudden downfall of what they held Faith in. I would compassionate their miseries to the best of my ability, but it certainly wouldn't devastate my personal world.

Sounds like you're describing yourself, testy-boy.

See? Testy.

Back