The Dixie Chicks Are Back, Better Than Ever. Nice Controversial Song... :)

Hello Phantasmal,

I was in an accapella trio, Chickapella, back then and we performed a lot of Dixie Chicks songs. I love Natalie Maine. I got to sing her part in many of the songs. I was so proud of them. They were as hated as the French and it turns out they were right, like the French.

Oh, that's right. That was the embarrassing era (for GWB fans) of 'Freedom Fries.' (as if they thought they could just change what we call French Fries...)

And how cool you got to play rockstar!

That is so admirable.

Some of the best music I have ever heard was played by local bands.

The world of music performance is so much larger than just the big names. Really, only a fraction of the best music is done by big names. And behind each of them are a myriad of top level excellent musicians who get virtually no recognition and are usually poorly paid, but without whom, the big names could never do what they do.

Reminds me of a joke.

What do you call a guitar player with no girlfriend?

-homeless.

Hello Phantasmal,

Oh, that's right. That was the embarrassing era (for GWB fans) of 'Freedom Fries.' (as if they thought they could just change what we call French Fries...)

And how cool you got to play rockstar!

That is so admirable.

Some of the best music I have ever heard was played by local bands.

The world of music performance is so much larger than just the big names. Really, only a fraction of the best music is done by big names. And behind each of them are a myriad of top level excellent musicians who get virtually no recognition and are usually poorly paid, but without whom, the big names could never do what they do.

Reminds me of a joke.

What do you call a guitar player with no girlfriend?

-homeless.
Funny!

Hello Phantasmal,

Because it is so truth-based.

The time required to become proficient at music performance = an unpaid career.

It is so sad how much we love to hear great music, but we take it for granted and often walk right out of a bar or restaurant without even tipping the musicians. (Or, these days, the musician.) Music pays so little for most musicians that's why we don't hear local bands as much any more. The reason? The bar/restaurant is only going to pay so much for an act. It often doesn't matter to them if it is one person, two or more. So, with today's techo tricks, one singer/guitar player can use backing tracks or a looper to sound like a full band. The music suffers, but not so much that drunks in the bar care. The performance sounds like a good rendition of a song they like, so they enjoy it and keep buying drinks, the point of it all.

And that matches how many people don't want to tip well for good table service. You know, it's not like little girls dream of growing up to be a waitress, but for many, that is what their life becomes, working just for tips. People who are well off enough to eat out, and leave lousy tips, are greedy scum. What would it hurt them to drop an extra buck or two on the table? The service industry is certainly under appreciated.

He’s a sick individual.

He hasn't groped any little girls in public, AFAIK, but Joe Biden has.

liOC4xV.gif

THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRATS SUPPORT

DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO -

The Dixie Chicks are not trying to be popular or top the charts.

That is totally not the point of what they are doing now.

They have nothing to prove, already had their phenomenal success, proved they could do it. They've got what it takes.

If the Dixie Chicks wanted to pack auditoriums they know exactly how to do that. They already did.

Now, what they are doing is all about art.

Art is not always well appreciated at first. Sometimes it doesn't even happen during the artist's lifetime.

The Dixie Chicks are lucky to have their cake and eat it too.

They have their renown, have their success. Now, they are making statements.

And I like what they are saying.

Saying it like it is.

Nugent, another hebephile, and draft dodger, birds of a feather, it’s why Golden Toilet Bowl loves him some Ted. Ted is a deplorable.

Funny you call Ted Nugent and Trump draft dodgers but your parties most likely candidate did the same thing as Trump.
Biden was admitted to the Delaware bar in 1969. Biden received student draft deferments during this period, at the peak of the Vietnam War, and in 1968, he was reclassified by the Selective Service System as not available for service due to having had asthma as a teenager.

Love your double standards.

They have nothing to prove, already had their phenomenal success, proved they could do it. They've got what it takes.

If the Dixie Chicks wanted to pack auditoriums they know exactly how to do that. They already did.

Art is not always well appreciated at first. Sometimes it doesn't even happen during the artist's lifetime.

Saying it like it is.

If you call #36 the top of the charts. :laugh:

Saying it like it is.

tenor.gif

I thought liberals didn't like country music and thought they were a bunch of toothless hillbilly hicks? I guess hatred trounces their conceptions.

DEMOCRATS operate on the Communist maxim that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

They hated McCain, until he turned against Trump.
They hated Bolton, until he turned against Trump.
They hated Romney, until he turned against Trump.

And, they despise "hick music", "hillbillies", and pretty much anyone in the Midwest or South unless they see a political angle they like.

Back