The Dixie Chicks Are Back, Better Than Ever. Nice Controversial Song... :)

It is an observation from the criticism liberals have for the South and their music. No, I don't like country music, nor do I know much at all of these Dixie Chicks and don't really care to. I do, however like Southern Blues (B.B. King, Chuck Berry, T-Bone Walker, etc.) and Southern Rock & Roll (Skynyrd, Blackfoot, Outlaws, etc.).
Liberals live in the South, another silly comment. The biggest critic of the South on this forum is 3D, he isn’t a liberal by any stretch of the imagination.

You're Right!!!!!They should have to change their name...

Now, a San Rafael school district’s vote this week to change its name from a symbol of the Confederacy and slavery is the latest signal of a larger renaming effort across California.

By a 3-1 tally – one abstained – trustees of the 150-year-old Dixie School District voted to remove the name Dixie from the district and its elementary school by the time the fall term begins Aug. 22.

The name-change effort arose after criticism that the name is racially insensitive. The board did not change the name Tuesday – that will come later once a committee of parents, school staff and community members is convened to ask for and review suggestions.

Dixie is a nickname for the Southern U.S. states that made up the Confederate States of America in 1860 triggering the Civil War. More than 150 years later, the Confederacy’s symbols, iconography and its leading figures continue to spark heated debate and conflict.

Both were on full display Tuesday night as reported by the Associated Press: “You know Dixie is a racist name, so change it,” said Bali Simon, a fifth-grader at Dixie Elementary School. “I’m hoping I can go back to school next fall proud of our new district name.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article229385324.html

Now, a San Rafael school district’s vote this week to change its name from a symbol of the Confederacy and slavery is the latest signal of a larger renaming effort across California.

By a 3-1 tally – one abstained – trustees of the 150-year-old Dixie School District voted to remove the name Dixie from the district and its elementary school by the time the fall term begins Aug. 22.

The name-change effort arose after criticism that the name is racially insensitive. The board did not change the name Tuesday – that will come later once a committee of parents, school staff and community members is convened to ask for and review suggestions.

Dixie is a nickname for the Southern U.S. states that made up the Confederate States of America in 1860 triggering the Civil War. More than 150 years later, the Confederacy’s symbols, iconography and its leading figures continue to spark heated debate and conflict.

Both were on full display Tuesday night as reported by the Associated Press: “You know Dixie is a racist name, so change it,” said Bali Simon, a fifth-grader at Dixie Elementary School. “I’m hoping I can go back to school next fall proud of our new district name.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article229385324.html

Indoctrinated in fifth grade. Sad, very sad.

I don't think the Southerners even like them!

Fun fact: The Dix Chix went for 10 years without having enough popularity to be concert headliners until Trump beat Hillary.

That's right - the first tour they headlined in a decade was in 2016.

https://artandseek.org/2016/08/05/so-what-has-happened-with-the-dixie-chicks-the-past-decade/

To be honest, I never paid any attention to them. I always thought they were just a few wannabes.

Nope, they are the real thing

1 on the Billboard 200 charts, selling over 10 million copies and making the Dixie Chicks the only country band and the only female band of any genre to hold the distinction of having two back-to-back RIAA certified diamond albums. Nine singles were released from Fly, including country No.

Concert tours: Fly Tour, Top of the World Tour, Eagles 2010 Summer Tour, Long Time ...

Album: Taking the Long Way, Home, Dixie Chicken, Thank Heavens for Dale Evans, ...

Member: Martie Maguire, Emily Robison, Natalie Maines, Laura Lynch, Robin Lynn ...

Compositions: Not Ready to Make Nice

jWIDPL8PXvMzz9TzuLVZgB4AExRsO8ga8hoAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
Wikipedia › wiki › Dixie_Chicks

[h=3]Dixie Chicks - Wikipedia[/h]

Are they even popular enough to tour overseas? I doubt they'll be doing much touring at all with this virus killing entertainment crowds, here and abroad.

I was referring to their England tour at the beginning of the Gulf war. Here is an excerpt from a British paper.

This music-related sideshow to the biggest international news story of the year began on March 12, 2003, when the British newspaper The Guardian published its review of a Dixie Chicks concert at the Shepherd’s Bush Empire in London two nights earlier.
In that review, The Guardian‘sBetty Clarke included the following line: “‘Just so you know,’ says singer Natalie Maines, ‘We’re ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas.'” (Clarke left out the middle of the full quotation, which was, “Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence. And we’re ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas.”) That line quickly became fodder for a grassroots anti-Dixie Chicks backlash. It began with thousands of phone calls flooding country-music radio stations from Denver to Nashville—calls demanding that the Dixie Chicks be removed from the stations’ playlists. Soon some of those same stations were calling for a boycott of the recent Dixie Chicks’ album and of their upcoming U.S. tour. Fellow country star Toby Keith famously joined the fray by performing in front of a backdrop that featured a gigantic image of Natalie Maines beside Saddam Hussein.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-dixie-chicks-backlash-begins

I wonder who this song is about?

Gaslighter Official Video

Welcome back, Dixie Chicks.

We missed you!

Nice timing...

"Gaslighter
Denier
Doing anything to get your ass farther
Gaslighter
Big timer
Repeating all of the mistakes of your father"
^^ They were 100 percent correct about George Dumbya Bush.

As much heat as they caught from Bush-worshippers at the time, even today's conservatives have become belatedly embarrassed of Dumbya. Even though he was the leader of their party for the better part of a decade, now they won't even let him show his face at their national conventions!

Liberals live in the South, another silly comment. The biggest critic of the South on this forum is 3D, he isn’t a liberal by any stretch of the imagination.

Phan how long has your nose grown with the whoppers you tell. There are at least 5 or 6 lefties on JPP that denigrate the south and southerners on a routine basis.

Back