The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's too bad...keep on them until they make it right....Including the fee for the set up.
It's sad that people just can't seem to take pride in what's done these days....it's like that just about everywhere, I'm afraid....

The really sad thing is it is really nice well built furniture. One thing I will give the BX they have excellent customer support.

On a more positive note my fossil watch died I think it's the battery. I looked in my box where all my old watches are and low and behold there was my Seiko watch I have had for over 40 years. It's self winding and as soon as I moved it, it started running. I think the reason I quit wearing it was because my daughter gave me the Fossil for Christmas many moons ago.

On a more positive note my fossil watch died I think it's the battery. I looked in my box where all my old watches are and low and behold there was my Seiko watch I have had for over 40 years. It's self winding and as soon as I moved it, it started running. I think the reason I quit wearing it was because my daughter gave me the Fossil for Christmas many moons ago.

Love those "antique" watches. I have the Omega presentation watch my dad was given when he retired in 1978. It still runs and looks like new. Even have the original box. Maybe some day one of my kids will take it to Antiques Roadshow and find out that it's an heirloom.

Love those "antique" watches. I have the Omega presentation watch my dad was given when he retired in 1978. It still runs and looks like new. Even have the original box. Maybe some day one of my kids will take it to Antiques Roadshow and find out that it's an heirloom.
For S and G's I looked up mine I believe we paid around $30 new. They start about $140 and up.

For S and G's I looked up mine I believe we paid around $30 new. They start about $140 and up.

You made me curious so I dug out the watch and am trying to find something similar on the Innernetz. I was mistaken about its age; it was given to him in 1967, not 1978. It still works! It's self-winding like yours. On the back it's inscribed to him. I think the band was replaced; it's a Speidel. Probably isn't worth much other than the lovely sentimental value.

M4qj2fz.jpg

You made me curious so I dug out the watch and am trying to find something similar on the Innernetz. I was mistaken about its age; it was given to him in 1967, not 1978. It still works! It's self-winding like yours. On the back it's inscribed to him. I think the band was replaced; it's a Speidel. Probably isn't worth much other than the lovely sentimental value.

M4qj2fz.jpg

Omega's are very good and expensive watches. I did a quick look on Ebay vintage Omega's can run into the thousands. Get the model number or names and search using that data.

Omega's are very good and expensive watches. I did a quick look on Ebay vintage Omega's can run into the thousands. Get the model number or names and search using that data.

The back of it is engraved with his name and what it was for. To get the other info you'd have to open the case. Do you think that a good jeweler would have the tools to do that?

The back of it is engraved with his name and what it was for. To get the other info you'd have to open the case. Do you think that a good jeweler would have the tools to do that?

Most Jewelers have the resources to evaluate a watches value. It may be worth it or it may be more valuable as a family keepsake.

A place for you to try...looks So good....I'm trying one of their recipes today;)
( It called for Catipury cheese...it's so good, btw;) I love our international market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back