The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. It been a busy week. Today nothing to do but relax. Dolly our white Shepard has a UTI poor baby, doc gave some meds to clear it up. Speaking of doctors our doc was saying part of the reason for the fear and panic over the Coronavirus is the are so many mixed signals being sent out. One dept says one thing another says something else the WH says a third thing so no one knows what is going on. But he did say the seasonal flu kills about 650,000 people world wide every year.

Yet we have vaccines for the flu. Nothing yet for COVID-19.

Poor poochie. I hope she gets to feeling better soon. Is she able to drink a lot of water? That helps with us when we humans get a UTI.

Poor poochie. I hope she gets to feeling better soon. Is she able to drink a lot of water? That helps with us when we humans get a UTI.

Still, even vaccinated, many wind up hospitalized with a different strain of the flu. You were a nurse, you should know that, right?

Still, even vaccinated, many wind up hospitalized with a different strain of the flu. You were a nurse, you should know that, right?

Tut tut now RB. This is the "nice" thread. Take your anger and hate to the 4,219 other threads. And please remember to wash your hands and stay safe out there.

Supposedly there is a vaccine in testing. But who knows how long that will take.

Oh yea she drinks a lot. Doc says about 5 days.

Supposedly there is a vaccine in testing. But who knows how long that will take.

Oh yea she drinks a lot. Doc says about 5 days.

Five days till she's over it?

Yeah, vaccines take forever to develop. I wonder if they are working with antibodies donated by patients who have recovered from COVID-19?

Good morning. It been a busy week. Today nothing to do but relax. Dolly our white Shepard has a UTI poor baby, doc gave some meds to clear it up. Speaking of doctors our doc was saying part of the reason for the fear and panic over the Coronavirus is the are so many mixed signals being sent out. One dept says one thing another says something else the WH says a third thing so no one knows what is going on. But he did say the seasonal flu kills about 650,000 people world wide every year.
Hope Dolly is much better very soon;)
Your doctor is incredibly wise;)
We're going to be SO busy here the next month with all the closures....but there's so much support here-it's been amazing...if only it were that way everywhere....

Thanks
You aren't a dog lover are you? I can tell by your postings. Nothing wrong with that many people aren't. Our pet's are like our children, in fact they act like children.

I love dogs just fine. We had a golden retriever when my kids were young. We also had a kitty, a guinea pig, and a goldfish. But now we have parrots and although we've talked about adding a poochie to the family we're not sure. But our flock is free range so we still are on the fence about it. Why do you ask?

I love dogs just fine. We had a golden retriever when my kids were young. We also had a kitty, a guinea pig, and a goldfish. But now we have parrots and although we've talked about adding a poochie to the family we're not sure. But our flock is free range so we still are on the fence about it. Why do you ask?

You just don't talk like a dog person to me. I would never call someone's dog your furry friend. But then that's just me.

I don't have any pets but refer to the "grand-Dog" as the "grand dog"......... Which is even better than 24/7.

Also I hike w/ friends that bring their dogs, on & off leach so I get my dog fix a few times a month..

I don't have any pets but refer to the "grand-Dog" as the "grand dog"......... Which is even better than 24/7.

Also I hike w/ friends that bring their dogs, on & off leach so I get my dog fix a few times a month..

Just because you don't share life with a particular species doesn't mean that you don't like them. There's been an awful lot of that sort of projection here today. Not sure what's up with that.

Our neighbors have a wonderful Newfie named Sadie. When the snow is gone she comes through the woods down the trail between our houses and comes to visit us. She pays no attention at all to the birds. She just wants to lay on your feet and be petted and petted and petted and petted. :loveu:

0Li5d6H.jpg

I love dogs & cats to a lesser extent but not fitting w/ me now.. Maybe some day when I am home more often & can spend more time w/ him/her..

I love dogs & cats to a lesser extent but not fitting w/ me now.. Maybe some day when I am home more often & can spend more time w/ him/her..
If you ever decide you're "ready" and can foster or rescue/adopt, it will be the one of the best decisions you've every made....it will change their life...and yours;) (Older dogs are a great option for the "retired"...A young puppy is So much work...lol...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back