The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever decide you're "ready" and can foster or rescue/adopt, it will be the one of the best decisions you've every made....it will change their life...and yours;) (Older dogs are a great option for the "retired"...A young puppy is So much work...lol...)

That's what we've done. Both my wife and I have rescues, both are chihuahua/terrier mixes. Hers is a wire terrier mix and mine a Jack Russell Terrier. Both came housebroken but we have a doggie door so it's an easy transition.

We've had a cat for 9 years and he was 3 when we got him so he's getting old. He used to be a real asshole but now he's turned into an attention whore. I expect he'll turn into coyote bait one night. It happened to another older cat had over 15 years ago.

That's what we've done. Both my wife and I have rescues, both are chihuahua/terrier mixes. Hers is a wire terrier mix and mine a Jack Russell Terrier. Both came housebroken but we have a doggie door so it's an easy transition.

We've had a cat for 9 years and he was 3 when we got him so he's getting old. He used to be a real asshole but now he's turned into an attention whore. I expect he'll turn into coyote bait one night. It happened to another older cat had over 15 years ago.
Thank you So much for rescuing....his and hers? Interesting;)...be careful with the coyotes....especially this time of year...pups and kitties....
(Love the chi/terrier mixes...we just recently lost our chi...miss him terribly....)

Thank you So much for rescuing....his and hers? Interesting;)...be careful with the coyotes....especially this time of year...pups and kitties....
(Love the chi/terrier mixes...we just recently lost our chi...miss him terribly....)

We each have a dog. Cats are easy to acquire since a lot of people are looking to get rid of one. "Pappy" (for Pappy Boyington, we name our pets after pilots) came free with all the accessories except the former owner wanted $20 for a brand new scratch post which I paid.

Sorry to hear about you losing a pet. That's why I have a chihuahua/Jack Russel terrier now, I had to put down my 14 year old Beagle due to bad hips and doggie dementia. "Snoopy" is 5 years old. I didn't want to get a dog that would out live me so chose an older one from the rescue.

Amie (Amelia Earhart) who I had to put down this year. Photo is about 10 years old.

Kayak-Amie.jpg

Now is a great time to foster/rescue btw if you've ever considered it...People are spending more time at home these days....perfect for letting the pups decompress and adjust to your new home/ other pets...or kitties...or bunnies...snakes...etc.
adopt, don't shop;)
Fostering is paid for, if initial costs are a consideration....

We each have a dog. Cats are easy to acquire since a lot of people are looking to get rid of one. "Pappy" (for Pappy Boyington, we name our pets after pilots) came free with all the accessories except the former owner wanted $20 for a brand new scratch post which I paid.

Sorry to hear about you losing a pet. That's why I have a chihuahua/Jack Russel terrier now, I had to put down my 14 year old Beagle due to bad hips and doggie dementia. "Snoopy" is 5 years old. I didn't want to get a dog that would out live me so chose an older one from the rescue.

Amie (Amelia Earhart) who I had to put down this year. Photo is about 10 years old.

View attachment 14598
Thanks for sharing;)

I don't know, but if we find out, it's gonna take a while to catch up.
We probably don't need to "catch up"...I get a message if someone sees something they think I should be aware of;)
Did you ever get one of those?

It's too bad that it takes an external enemy like COVID-19 to show us that we're all in this together, eh?

Or, at least, point out that there's more to life than bitching about politicians.

One surprising outcome of 9/11 was that "Yuppies" (remember them?) suddenly discovered that working 60-80 hours a week in eternal pursuit of promotions, commissions and the Almighty Dollar didn't mean shit if you're dying and barely know your own family. There was a sudden trend, which lasted a few years, of Yuppies turning down promotions or even taking demotions so they could spend more time with their families. Some even moved out of the state to more suburban/rural areas.

Or, at least, point out that there's more to life than bitching about politicians.

One surprising outcome of 9/11 was that "Yuppies" (remember them?) suddenly discovered that working 60-80 hours a week in eternal pursuit of promotions, commissions and the Almighty Dollar didn't mean shit if you're dying and barely know your own family. There was a sudden trend, which lasted a few years, of Yuppies turning down promotions or even taking demotions so they could spend more time with their families. Some even moved out of the state to more suburban/rural areas.

Amazing how events like that can change one's point of view, isn't it?

I just recently heard I have the same problem (no one likes...everybody hates me kind of blurb...hmmmmm;)

True. Here, just for you. lol

3flDYrF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back