The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks. Here are the COVID-19 numbers so far today.

gIF6JRA.jpg

Good morning, I don't believe they have a clue what will happen. They predict 100,000 to 240,000 deaths but 2 months in and we only have 300,000 confirmed cases and 9,000 deaths. At this point the best thing is to hunker down and were a mask if you must go out. I have to hit the grocery today.

Good morning, I don't believe they have a clue what will happen. They predict 100,000 to 240,000 deaths but 2 months in and we only have 300,000 confirmed cases and 9,000 deaths. At this point the best thing is to hunker down and were a mask if you must go out. I have to hit the grocery today.
Do they have "senior hours" in your town? If so, go tomorrow;)
It's nice if they do...big difference....if they don't, ask....

Good morning. Went to the grocery yesterday and was pleased to see most people wearing masks. I have had masks on order for over 3 weeks. Fortunately I was able to get two from our daughter.

Good morning. Went to the grocery yesterday and was pleased to see most people wearing masks. I have had masks on order for over 3 weeks. Fortunately I was able to get two from our daughter.
We went yesterday..about half the shoppers had masks....all employees...25 in the store at one time...we waited about ten minutes in line....
They scrubbed the cart for each person...Store was fully stocked ...no limits...no need....
Easy to make no sew masks instructions are online, just in case;) But hope your order comes...everything is "late"....
We donated goggles yesterday;) Snow and swim...

We went yesterday..about half the shoppers had masks....all employees...25 in the store at one time...we waited about ten minutes in line....
They scrubbed the cart for each person...Store was fully stocked ...no limits...no need....
Easy to make no sew masks instructions are online, just in case;) But hope your order comes...everything is "late"....
We donated goggles yesterday;) Snow and swim...

The bad thing about wearing a mask in Fla. is they are hot they are almost as bad as wearing a gas mask not quite but close.

The bad thing about wearing a mask in Fla. is they are hot they are almost as bad as wearing a gas mask not quite but close.
Would a homemade mask be ok for a trip to the store? Might not be so hot....
I have a gas mask bag I carried in college-they were all the "rage"...never wore a mask, though...;)

Would a homemade mask be ok for a trip to the store? Might not be so hot....
I have a gas mask bag I carried in college-they were all the "rage"...never wore a mask, though...;)

Anything that deflects one breath back at them is going to be hot unless you have internal AC lol. I'll tell you how bad a gas mask is. Military masks have a hood for CB attacks. In Holland in the winter it was below freezing. During exercises we had our masks on for hours. when we pulled our masks off our heads were soaked and the sweat froze but it sure felt good.

My 12-yo g-son has a WWI replica gas mask that he wears when he goes outside. Just for fun, of course. Like all 12-year-olds, he is immortal. lol

Enjoy:) Theme song for Ohio press conferences....
PS...Both the good doc and the governor live in the hood;)

Good morning, it looks like we are beginning to see a flattening of the new cases line. Hopefully we are seeing the beginning of the end.

People need to lighten up. Ellen DeGeneres got a lot of backlash for the following joke.
“One thing that I've learned from being in quarantine it’s that this is like being in jail, It’s mostly because I’ve been wearing the same clothes for 10 days and everyone in here is gay.”

I thought it was funny. But a lot of people took offense, which proves that some people look for reasons to be offended.

People need to lighten up. Ellen DeGeneres got a lot of backlash for the following joke.

I thought it was funny. But a lot of people took offense, which proves that some people look for reasons to be offended.
Who took offense? She's not mocking the virus...just making light of the situation....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back