The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that the controls are reversed when you're flying back toward yourself. This is very easily confused. One of my friends owns a model shop and sells high-end radio controlled cars, trucks, airplanes, helicopters, boats and drones. Of all of them, the helicopters are the hardest to fly. He sells a cheap copter ($39.95) and I tried flying it and probably crashed it a dozen times in 20 minutes! I finally did get the hang of it somewhat, but I sure wouldn't buy one of the bigger choppers. He has it mastered, he flies it around his shop when there aren't any customers. Me? I'll stick to my Cobra. Flying RC planes, choppers and drones takes practice, and practice, and practice, and....

I have been flying RC planes for years. Twin engines are easy to fly. Single engine are very hard to taxi and takeoff due to engine/prop torque. The drone I am getting has 1 button return, landing, and takeoff.
Plus altitude hold. Shouldn't be a big learning curve.

People will not get up close when talking like before. People will tend to avoid crowds, things will slowly get back to normal especially when they have a serum. Nothing will happen overnight

"Serum" meaning a vaccine or cure. Agreed. Until then, "up close" means less than six feet. I can do that easily living on a couple of acres, retired income and only going out once a week with a mask, but how are younger people of working age supposed to cope?

"Serum" meaning a vaccine or cure. Agreed. Until then, "up close" means less than six feet. I can do that easily living on a couple of acres, retired income and only going out once a week with a mask, but how are younger people of working age supposed to cope?

For the most part staying 3 ft apart which is relatively easy in most work environments, wiping down phones etc. Just use common sense.

For the most part staying 3 ft apart which is relatively easy in most work environments, wiping down phones etc. Just use common sense.

The people at greatest risk, possibly, when we open stuff back up are health care workers and teachers, esp. early childhood and elementary school teachers -- and anyone else whose job requires close proximity to other ppl. Barbers, dentists, wait staff, etc.

The people at greatest risk, possibly, when we open stuff back up are health care workers and teachers, esp. early childhood and elementary school teachers -- and anyone else whose job requires close proximity to other ppl. Barbers, dentists, wait staff, etc.

And those people should continue to wear a mask where feasible. Teachers of younger children too little to understand always make a game of it or find other ways to protect themselves. No teacher is ever safe as children are germ incubators.

Found this in another thread. Great example.

PoliTalker;3590453]When it's really cold outside,,,

And you can see every breath exhaled. Looks like a cloud, you can see their breath.

THOSE are the droplets which contain the Covid-19 virus.

That's why social distancing works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back