The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, had a nice day with the grand kids. I have to start looking for an inexpensive car for my oldest GD. Guess it's time to stay off the roads. LOL

A good idea as well...or volunteer there. But right now, the personal "touch" makes a huge difference....You can understand that, I'm sure;)
I’m high risk, I don’t plan to volunteer in person for quite awhile. You run right out and do that, be sure to personally touch everyone!

I’m high risk, I don’t plan to volunteer in person for quite awhile. You run right out and do that, be sure to personally touch everyone!
I'm not high risk....so, I will...I have been....
I'm not sure what you mean by "touching everyone"...why the overreaction...?
I'm sorry you can't get out-I'm lucky to be able to...just do your monthly donations and be safe....
Relax now...stress isn't good right now, as you probably know...

I'm sorry you can't get out-I'm lucky to be able to...just do your monthly donations and be safe....
You’re over 60, you are high risk.

just a reminder what the General Store is all about;)

:rolleyes:

Good morning, had a nice day with the grand kids. I have to start looking for an inexpensive car for my oldest GD. Guess it's time to stay off the roads. LOL
How did the gumbo come out? Glad you had a nice visit.....you've got plenty of time to look for a nice little solid car:) There should be some good deals out there....

No I'm not buying it. I'm simply finding a reliable safe car. I bought each of my kids their 1st car and they are following in my footsteps.

Drone is still in work but progress every day.

Mr. Owl got me a drone last year. He actually got two... a real one like yours, and a toy one for inside that you use to practice before driving the larger (and a lot more expensive) one. Can't wait to take out the big one when this $#*&$@ snow finally melts. It's definitely harder to fly than it looks! Have you crashed yours at all? What kind did you get?

You’re over 60, you are high risk.
I'm careful...I know the odds...I have no underlying medical conditions...I'm very active...I bike, I walk, I swim.... Everyone is different...I'm just fine....It's more about health than age...

Mr. Owl got me a drone last year. He actually got two... a real one like yours, and a toy one for inside that you use to practice before driving the larger (and a lot more expensive) one. Can't wait to take out the big one when this $#*&$@ snow finally melts. It's definitely harder to fly than it looks! Have you crashed yours at all? What kind did you get?

Crash what is that? Aren't you supposed to run into things? That's all I did the first day. I'm getting the hang of it but still having control problems. Mine is a
SNAPTAIN S5C WiFi FPV Drone with 720P HD Camera, Voice Control, Gesture Control RC Quadcopter for Beginners with Altitude Hold, Gravity Sensor, RTF One Key Take Off/Landing, Compatible w/VR Headset

Buy local if you can....getting fresh honey and eggs delivered this morning;) I love this community, all it has to offer, and how well everyone is working together to get through this;)

The recipe the bride used said it served 8, the kids each had at least 2 helpings and we still have a ton left over, froze some and I am having some for lunch today.
I'll make a big batch, too....it freezes very well....
I just have to find a coupe of things I don't have here... some good okra, for one...but it's seasonal....I do have some pickled...but.....

I'm careful...I know the odds...I have no underlying medical conditions...I'm very active...I bike, I walk, I swim.... Everyone is different...I'm just fine....It's more about health than age...

That's nice. We're happy for you. Did it ever occur to someone in your excellent health that you could very well be handing out something more than staples?

""There's significant transmission by people not showing symptoms," Stephen Morse, an epidemiologist at Columbia University, told Business Insider.

"According to Robert Redfield, the director of the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, 25 percent of people infected with the new coronavirus don't present any symptoms or fall ill but can still transmit the illness to others.

"Redfield on Tuesday told NPR that "we have pretty much confirmed" that "a significant number of individuals that are infected actually remain asymptomatic."

"These asymptomatic carriers, Redfield added, are most likely contributing to the rapid spread of the coronavirus worldwide – the number of confirmed cases passed 1 million this week – and making it challenging for experts to assess the true extent of the pandemic."

Source: https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s...ut-those-who-can-pass-corona-without-symptoms

If you care about your community and the ppl you claim to be helping you'll stay home and find socially-distant ways to help them. Monetary donations, wellness checks by phone, making masks to mail to those without, etc.

I realize that this is a "nice" thread. But as a health care professional I cannot let statements like yours go unchallenged, for the sake of the people we both say we care about. I hope you'll listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back