The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are trying "curb side" liquor pick-up now. Not sure how that's going, I don't drink and the closest "state store" is in the next town.

Well it is a revenue cow which you would think would be important @ a time like this.

I can only recall buying alc in a state store once, I think Kansas or Virginia but it was highly marked up, I could get it for a quarter to half the price on base..

Well it is a revenue cow which you would think would be important @ a time like this.

I can only recall buying alc in a state store once, I think Kansas or Virginia but it was highly marked up, I could get it for a quarter to half the price on base..

Yeah, liquor is marked up here, so is tobacco. I couldn't tell you what the differences in prices for either are from state to state anymore since I don't drink and don't work for the food service anymore.

On a lighter note

"Tasty Pizza owner Joe Woytovich is offering a free roll of toilet paper and a large plain pizza to anyone who buys an extra-large pizza."

RZC3GOYR4NG6DBMHAGGYTCMCOU.jpg

https://www.cleveland.com/community...her-pizza-free-at-lyndhursts-tasty-pizza.html

Does his pizza give you the shits :thinking:

:laugh: great marketing........

Hopefully it's cuase tp is a popular consumer product in need, not that you will need it right after your meal as a direct result of eating jewel smothered in cheese...lol

:laugh: great marketing........

Hopefully it's cuase tp is a popular consumer product in need, not that you will need it right after your meal as a direct result of eating jewel smothered in cheese...lol

I'd consider eating Jewel smothered in cheese...

c2235e69e9e7888316dfbbca15e19310--american-singers-bikini-girls.jpg

...and I doubt it would give me the shits :cool:

Next time you go to the grocery, pick up some extra staples...pasta, rice, tuna, peanut butter, jelly, soups, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. etc. and don't forget pet food;) I think you get the idea...It's nearing the end of the month and people can use some help, no matter where you live....you'l be able to find someone and make them smile;)
Do the Corona TP/egg the house thing i mentioned before....people here have Loved that!!

Next time you go to the grocery, pick up some extra staples...pasta, rice, tuna, peanut butter, jelly, soups, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. etc. and don't forget pet food;) I think you get the idea...It's nearing the end of the month and people can use some help, no matter where you live....you'l be able to find someone and make them smile;)
Do the Corona TP/egg the house thing i mentioned before....people here have Loved that!!
Or just write a monthly check to your local food bank and help year round.

:good4u:

Something that you and I and plenty of others actually do.

Are your garden centers open there?
St. Jude and Dr.’s Without Borders are two others we support monthly. I’ve been thinking about the babies at St. Jude and hoping they are all safe from this virus.

St. Jude and Dr.’s Without Borders are two others we support monthly. I’ve been thinking about the babies at St. Jude and hoping they are all safe from this virus.

Oh wow, that's scary for them and their families too. I love MSF. Definitely a worthy organization. Locally it's St. Vincent de Paul who has a good food pantry in town. We also donate to the NMU students' food pantry. Cash seems to be their preferred donation.

This is a thread for folks to sit around the old county store with the pot bellied stove in the middle and shoot the breeze in a friendly manner. Any subject is permissible but no flame wars will be tolerated. I will only warn once and it's retro ban. I have already banned those I feel will not play by the rules. We have enough battling in the other threads.
just a reminder what the General Store is all about;)

Of course flowers are essential!
I think that they are. We got with the program early and bought what we needed late February. I didn’t plant much because I was going to do a lot of traveling this summer. We were going to start visiting my 7 siblings who are scattered from the East Coast to the West Coast, but the virus shut that plan down! :(

A good idea as well...or volunteer there. But right now, the personal "touch" makes a huge difference....You can understand that, I'm sure;)

Right now the personal touch is the last thing they want. Our local NBC affiliate had a "Can-A-Thon" Saturday evening. They usually only do that during the Christmas holidays, but food pantries are struggling now. They asked for cash donations rather than actual items. The staff knows what is most needed and uses the cash to purchase it. People can help each other out, and everyone stays safe and bug-free.

"We're hoping this program motivates you to donate to your local food bank. With social distancing, food banks are asking for monetary donations to be sent directly to them. TV6 will have the food bank contact information available during the program and it is also listed below."

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/TV6-to-hold-virtual-TV6-Canathon-569669951.html

I think that they are. We got with the program early and bought what we needed late February. I didn’t plant much because I was going to do a lot of traveling this summer. We were going to start visiting my 7 siblings who are scattered from the East Coast to the West Coast, but the virus shut that plan down! :(

Aw man. I'm sorry. Had you bought tickets and everything yet?

I was despairing about getting my veggies started because they closed the garden centers here and I didn't have enough potting mix. But we discovered the other day that you can still go to Lowes and have an associate fetch stuff for you out of the garden center. Whew! We don't set out peppers and tomatoes till June so there's still time. I have a limited number of flower seeds so this might be The Year of the Nasturtium and Nothing Else. lol

Right the personal "touch" makes a huge difference....You can understand that, I'm sure....Next time you go to the grocery, pick up some extra staples...pasta, rice, tuna, peanut butter, jelly, soups, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. etc. and don't forget pet food I think you get the idea...It's nearing the end of the month and people can use some help, no matter where you live....you'l be able to find someone and make them smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back