The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Top and all. New laundry center being delivered today. Our home warranty company sure came through.

Good morning Grump and all :)

Great to see your warranty co. came through for you.

I have lots to do today, so I better get started. Have a great day everyone.

GE stacked laundry center. Agitator type.

You'll be happy with them. GE appliances are excellent. We had a Maytag front loader that came with the house. A sensor inside went bad and would stop the washer mid-cycle. We had a guy come out to fix it; he discovered that they don't even make that part anymore. So we got a new GE front loader. Like it very much. We also got a new fridge last month that is GE, when the old one died.

You'll be happy with them. GE appliances are excellent. We had a Maytag front loader that came with the house. A sensor inside went bad and would stop the washer mid-cycle. We had a guy come out to fix it; he discovered that they don't even make that part anymore. So we got a new GE front loader. Like it very much. We also got a new fridge last month that is GE, when the old one died.

The day they make the last model,is they day they stop making parts

The day they make the last model,is they day they stop making parts

Apparently they also then burn down the warehouses where spare parts are. lol I had a food processor that I lost a tiny little pin for when we moved. Must have fallen out of the box or something. Couldn't find a replacement anywhere. Even writing to the manufacturer did no good. Ended up having to buy a whole new one. Which I'm sure was their evil plot all along.

Apparently they also then burn down the warehouses where spare parts are. lol I had a food processor that I lost a tiny little pin for when we moved. Must have fallen out of the box or something. Couldn't find a replacement anywhere. Even writing to the manufacturer did no good. Ended up having to buy a whole new one. Which I'm sure was their evil plot all along.

We had a dryer with a computer panel that went out,they wanted $450 for that part.

We had a dryer with a computer panel that went out,they wanted $450 for that part.

:whoa:

That's outrageous! Yeah, the more complex and automated they make stuff, the more there is to break down and cost a bundle to repair. It's one of my favorite laments around here. Mr. Owl says I'd be happy with a car with a stick shift, AM radio, and crank down windows. Why yes I would, thank you. When do we go shopping? lol

:whoa:

That's outrageous! Yeah, the more complex and automated they make stuff, the more there is to break down and cost a bundle to repair. It's one of my favorite laments around here. Mr. Owl says I'd be happy with a car with a stick shift, AM radio, and crank down windows. Why yes I would, thank you. When do we go shopping? lol

We just bought a used one for $150,with no bells and whistles.

I have found lots of odd part on Amzaon & ebay...

Last part I got for my washer was less than $14 & it was superior to the original part..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back