The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned to make egg foo yung on YouTube.
Comes out just like the Restaurant !

Yea, lots of great recipe's on there, traditional & eclectic..

My favorite enchilada recipe is from an 8th grader (older now) in Dallas.......:laugh: Perfect but I have since changed it up a bit...

I have never tried to make that, although I do egg drop when I make won tons & some big shrimp....

Yea, lots of great recipe's on there, traditional & eclectic..

My favorite enchilada recipe is from an 8th grader (older now) in Dallas.......:laugh: Perfect but I have since changed it up a bit...

I have never tried to make that, although I do egg drop when I make won tons & some big shrimp....

It's really easy and fast,the gravy is harder to make then the Egg Foo Yung

lol, yep..

Very nice of folks to make them.. Usually my first go to when I have a project..

Plus it keeps Mr. Owl entertained for hours. He likes watching "fail" videos of how not to do stuff when he's trying to learn how to do something the right way. Wood splitting fails, snowblowing fails, logging fails, boat and kayak fails. You name it, someone's made a tragic video out of it. lol

I use cooking soy sauce,fish sauce,fresh ginger,chicken broth,few other things.
Getting the edges crisp is important on the Egg Foo Yung

Yes. Now I'm gonna have to make some. See what you started? lol

Try the 5-spice. You will really like it. I'll send you a packet if you want; I kind went crazy when Penzey's had a sale a while back. lol

Yes. Now I'm gonna have to make some. See what you started? lol

Try the 5-spice. You will really like it. I'll send you a packet if you want; I kind went crazy when Penzey's had a sale a while back. lol

There is a Chinese restaurant supply store,I go to in Findlay.What are the 5 spices?
Read up on YouTube before you try it

There is a Chinese restaurant supply store,I go to in Findlay.What are the 5 spices?
Read up on YouTube before you try it

"Five Spice Powder is a blend of cinnamon, cloves, fennel, star anise, and Szechwan peppercorns. Some recipes also contain ginger, nutmeg, and licorice." (https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/spice-rubs-and-pastes/chinese-five-spice-powder-recipe)

I've made egg fu yung many times! The five spice is what makes the gravy taste like the restaurant stuff. You can find it in a regular grocery store too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back