The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, but if he doesn't change immed IMHO you should make a move..

I do my own but all my friends hire ppl & I hear it a lot. Great for years, looks like a putting green, then suddenly something happens, no fault of theirs, & they roll w/ it, then talk then move~in the mean time loosing a couple hundred bucks for crappy service or no service..

Good luck, hopefully it works out for you both..

We will see. He only gets paid after the job so no work no pay. Nip

It does have an outlet for charging cell phones, etc. It even accommodates a GPS.
I'm old fashioned though. I use an old Sony Walkman cassette player/radio while mowing, it runs all day on one AA rechargeable battery.

Man you must have a lot of mowing...

I use to have a quarter acre, mowing, trimming was a half day job sometimes..

Not fun any more-use to love doing it...

Man you must have a lot of mowing...

I use to have a quarter acre, mowing, trimming was a half day job sometimes..

Not fun any more-use to love doing it...

No, not a hay field, but including trimming, enough to keep me busy most of the day.

I looked at most reputable brands and they're mostly plastic hood and fenders, and a lot that used to be much more solid, isn't.
This Simplicity is a tank, but it didn't come cheap. Heavy gauge steel hood and fenders, grease fittings where they should be (others have sealed bearings) and plenty of power to tow all my attachments. This should last me until I can't mow any more, which was part of my plans for retirement.

No, not a hay field, but including trimming, enough to keep me busy most of the day.

I looked at most reputable brands and they're mostly plastic hood and fenders, and a lot that used to be much more solid, isn't.
This Simplicity is a tank, but it didn't come cheap. Heavy gauge steel hood and fenders, grease fittings where they should be (others have sealed bearings) and plenty of power to tow all my attachments. This should last me until I can't mow any more, which was part of my plans for retirement.

Sounds nice. Mr. Owl has been jonesing for a decent tractor. Can you put a snow blade on it too?

Sounds nice. Mr. Owl has been jonesing for a decent tractor. Can you put a snow blade on it too?

Snow blade, snow blower, tiller on back, just about every attachment you need for a garden tractor. It's the easiest thing to drive with the power steering, the forward and reverse pedals are close and comfortable on the right foot. Add to that the electric lift and power take-off clutch, along with the simple and quick deck removal and installation, you can't beat it. But again they ain't cheap. Around $8000.

Snow blade, snow blower, tiller on back, just about every attachment you need for a garden tractor. It's the easiest thing to drive with the power steering, the forward and reverse pedals are close and comfortable on the right foot. Add to that the electric lift and power take-off clutch, along with the simple and quick deck removal and installation, you can't beat it. But again they ain't cheap. Around $8000.

But for quality, that's a bargain. Is the pic you posted the one you got? Model #? I'll pass it on to him.

We have an Ariens snowblower that does a great job. However, last winter we had several huge overnight snow dumps. Thankfully our neighbor, who had a bobcat with a blower attachment, came to our rescue. But they moved away this summer. It would be nice to have a tractor like that with blade/blower.

Sounds like a very good investment...

Last toy I bought was a troy built rototiller, made in the USA.... No plastic, works great & I have heavy, heavy clay...

My mower, made in USA is over 20 years old, I leave it sit for 6 months, w/ gas in the tank, starts w/ one or two pulls, as good as the day I bought it..

But for quality, that's a bargain. Is the pic you posted the one you got? Model #? I'll pass it on to him.

We have an Ariens snowblower that does a great job. However, last winter we had several huge overnight snow dumps. Thankfully our neighbor, who had a bobcat with a blower attachment, came to our rescue. But they moved away this summer. It would be nice to have a tractor like that with blade/blower.

This is the one I have

https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en_us/product-catalog/lawn-tractors/prestige-garden-tractor.html

They offered me the snow blower for $1000 (regularly $2000), but I had no place to store it. My shed and garage are packed full.
I bought it from the Mennonites, they have a real nice lawn/garden store with a large inventory along with a good service center.

This is the one I have

https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en_us/product-catalog/lawn-tractors/prestige-garden-tractor.html

They offered me the snow blower for $1000 (regularly $2000), but I had no place to store it. My shed and garage are packed full.
I bought it from the Mennonites, they have a real nice lawn/garden store with a large inventory along with a good service center.

Thanks, I'll pass this along to him. Don't know if we have a dealer here, might have to cough up for shipping. I wonder if it's on Amazon Prime? lol

Good sales in the Ammy warehouse this morning....if you ever need to buy in bulk, that's the place to check first...We're almost set for the first day picnic...;) And they deliver....

Good morning all.

Heart warming story.

An entire airport came to a halt to honor the remains of a returning Vietnam veteran

By Kendall Trammell, CNN 4 hrs ago

Best pictures from around the world

See celebrity kids all grown up
When Bryan Knight was 5 years old, he said goodbye to his father at an airport in Dallas, Texas, just before he was sent off to the Vietnam War.

© Southwest Airlines
That was the last time he saw his father.
A few months later, US Air Force Maj. Roy A. Knight, Jr., 36, went missing in action. The pilot was leading a flight of two A-1E aircraft on a strike mission over northern Laos when his jet was shot down on May 19, 1967.
No one reported seeing a parachute before the aircraft crashed, bursting into flames, nor were beeper signals heard. He was declared deceased by the Air Force in September 1974. During that time, he was promoted to colonel.
Earlier this year, the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency informed Knight that his father's remains had been found.
On Thursday, Knight -- a pilot for Southwest -- flew his father's remains back to the place where he last saw him more than 50 years ago, Dallas Love Field Airport.

© @rngonecountry Col. Knight's remains were flown back home by his son.
When Knight landed at Love Field, his father received full military honors.
"Our Southwest Airlines family is honored to support his long-hoped homecoming and join in tribute to Col. Knight as well as every other military hero who has paid the ultimate sacrifice while serving in the armed forces," Southwest Airlines said in a statement to CNN.

© Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency Roy Knight Jr. was a pilot during the Vietnam War.
Canadian journalist Jackson Proskow was at the airport, waiting for his flight home, when he heard a gate agent announce the arrival of Knight's flight and shared the story of how the son was flying home his father's remains.
Proskow, who works for Canada's Global News, captured the moment in a series of photographs and tweets. The photos showed the honor guard waiting for and then carrying the casket, while the ground crew stood at attention. Inside the terminal, passengers and staff lined the windows to watch.
"The entire terminal has come to watch this arrival," Proskow said on Twitter. In another post, he said," Incredible moment to watch. The entire airport fell silent."
Col. Knight will be buried on Saturday in Weatherford, Texas.

And another hero comes home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back