The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. Looks like our 50 inch LED HD TV is going. All of a sudden in the bottom left corner is a black dot or circle. The good thing is they are really cheap now.

Hurry before tariffs!

Why is it that when one appliance breaks, the rest of them have to copy cat?

Hurry before tariffs!

Why is it that when one appliance breaks, the rest of them have to copy cat?

It sure seems like that. First it was the handle on our LG over stove microwave, then the ice maker died and the washer/dryer. New one is wonderful it does a load in about 1/2 the time as the old one.

It sure seems like that. First it was the handle on our LG over stove microwave, then the ice maker died and the washer/dryer. New one is wonderful it does a load in about 1/2 the time as the old one.

Remember when you had the TV repairman over and he fixed it right up? And going to the hardware store with your dad to the tube tester to try to find a replacement for a blown tube? Damn, we old. lol

Remember when you had the TV repairman over and he fixed it right up? And going to the hardware store with your dad to the tube tester to try to find a replacement for a blown tube? Damn, we old. lol

I'll tell you how old I am. When I was in AF tech school the instructor showed us a transistor. He said remember these you will be seeing a lot of them. LOL

I'll tell you how old I am. When I was in AF tech school the instructor showed us a transistor. He said remember these you will be seeing a lot of them. LOL

Hahahaha.... I remember those too, and how "tiny" and awesome they were. Of course back then there were only a dozen or so radio stations, and they were all on the AM part of the dial. Remember dials?

Hahahaha.... I remember those too, and how "tiny" and awesome they were. Of course back then there were only a dozen or so radio stations, and they were all on the AM part of the dial. Remember dials?

I use to listen to my transistor radio to my ear in HS,in bed.
One night stayed awake for hours waiting for, You Lost That Loving Feeling by the Rightous Brothers.
WOHO in Toledo.
They were the only station in town that played that "dirty song".
Louie,Louie!

One night stayed awake for hours waiting for, You Lost That Loving Feeling by the Rightous Brothers.
WOHO in Toledo.
Louie,Louie!

Yep, I think that was the best present I ever got for CHristmas (forgot about that) a transistor radio, I must of been 7 or 8...

I remember lots of beatles, animals, kinks, & my parents listen to something else w/ like Roy Oberson, Miller sommething w/ king of the road..

WOHO in Toledo.
Louie,Louie!
Yep, I remember having one and loved it. I listened to it all the time and loved American Top 40 with Kasey Kasim and the radio show, Delilah.

Yep, I remember having one and loved it. I listened to it all the time and loved American Top 40 with Kasey Kasim and the radio show, Delilah.

Kasey Kasim and Delilah! I haven't heard those names in years. I loved their shows, Kasey passed in 2014 but Delilah is still doing her show.

Kasey Kasim and Delilah! I haven't heard those names in years. I loved their shows, Kasey passed in 2014 but Delilah is still doing her show.

I have heard her, mostly @ night here..

Kasim is still played as well, I guess you would call them his reruns. Still a great show.

Great turnout for Orientation breakfast #1;)... To all the teachers getting ready to go back...Good luck and have an amazing year!!!! Summer just flew by, didn't it?

Good morning all. Is it true that bad things happen in 3's? Or am I just on an unlucky streak?
1st ice maker went out replaced.
2nd washer dryer went out replaced
Now our 50inch LED TV display is going so I just ordered a new one.

I feel like the little guy in the lil Abner cartoons that had a black cloud over his head.

993a82575da4a1d6dd18cf411e23ed71--dark-cloud-rain-clouds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back