The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all. Is it true that bad things happen in 3's? Or am I just on an unlucky streak?
1st ice maker went out replaced.
2nd washer dryer went out replaced
Now our 50inch LED TV display is going so I just ordered a new one.

I feel like the little guy in the lil Abner cartoons that had a black cloud over his head.

View attachment 11177

Well at least you had the third!
So should have a free streak for a while.

Good morning all. Is it true that bad things happen in 3's? Or am I just on an unlucky streak?
1st ice maker went out replaced.
2nd washer dryer went out replaced
Now our 50inch LED TV display is going so I just ordered a new one.

I feel like the little guy in the lil Abner cartoons that had a black cloud over his head.

View attachment 11177

Hahahaha... Joe Btfsplk!

Man, you are sure due for a turnaround in luck.

It's National Night Out...if there's one in your "hood", take advantage of the opportunity to meet with your neighbors for a couple of hours and share food, fun, and music;) Always a great event here;)

Hi there EE....what's new? Or should I say hope nothing else has gone on the fritz?

No the only problem I have is hard water from my well leaving rust stains on the house. I have been meaning to filter it for years just never got around to it but I finally ordered a filter and will install this weekend. Then grand babies will clean the stains off.

Last edited:
Oh I do have one more problem. My lawn guy isn't doing his job well. I think he is making more money on hurricane repairs that he is letting the lawn business slide. I think I will look for a new one and if too expensive I'll start doing it myself again.

Oh I do have one more problem. My lawn guy isn't doing his job well. I think he is making more money on hurricane repairs that he is letting the lawn business slide. I think I will look for a new one and if too expensive I'll start doing it myself again.

Mornin' EE and all :)

I have one of these, it works very well. It has 4 wheel independent suspension, power steering, hydrostatic drive, digital dash with tach, but it does eat gas.
Prestige_500.jpg

I have one of these, it works very well. It has 4 wheel independent suspension, power steering, hydrostatic drive, digital dash with tach, but it does eat gas.
Prestige_500.jpg

Thanks RB. I'll give the lawn guy a chance he has been doing my lawn for years.

Yep, they are always great @ first & then @ some point you're just not important any more...

Good luck on finding the right one...

Prestige_500.jpg

No A/C & sirius??? lol

My front yard is so small now you could probably barely turn it around on the grass..... & I am getting ready to take that out........ Only use it serves is to be mowed & neighbors to look @, I guess..

The guy has done a good job for years so I want to give him a chance. He suffered during the hurricane so we will see.

Cool, but if he doesn't change immed IMHO you should make a move..

I do my own but all my friends hire ppl & I hear it a lot. Great for years, looks like a putting green, then suddenly something happens, no fault of theirs, & they roll w/ it, then talk then move~in the mean time loosing a couple hundred bucks for crappy service or no service..

Good luck, hopefully it works out for you both..

No A/C & sirius??? lol

My front yard is so small now you could probably barely turn it around on the grass..... & I am getting ready to take that out........ Only use it serves is to be mowed & neighbors to look @, I guess..

It does have an outlet for charging cell phones, etc. It even accommodates a GPS.
I'm old fashioned though. I use an old Sony Walkman cassette player/radio while mowing, it runs all day on one AA rechargeable battery.

Cool, but if he doesn't change immed IMHO you should make a move..

I do my own but all my friends hire ppl & I hear it a lot. Great for years, looks like a putting green, then suddenly something happens, no fault of theirs, & they roll w/ it, then talk then move~in the mean time loosing a couple hundred bucks for crappy service or no service..

Good luck, hopefully it works out for you both..

We will see. He only gets paid after the job so no work no pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back