The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all :)

WOW!! It was 70 degrees 12 hours ago, now down to 42 and windy. Brrr...

Yep..."winter's" here...33...
It was so cold and SO windy last night...lol...the kids didn't even care, though;)

Yeah, I was hoping to get my car out one more time before winter, but I doubt that will happen.

We didn't mind the weather as much when we were kids as we do now. Golden years? Yeah, right...

That looks good...I love cinnamon in chili...I use it make a special spice blend for my Cincinnati chili recipe...

I didn't think I'd like it but the bride made it because our daughter is diabetic. I really liked it throw in a few jalapeno peppers in your bowl.

I didn't think I'd like it but the bride made it because our daughter is diabetic. I really liked it throw in a few jalapeno peppers in your bowl.
Will do..more than a few-lol....we just picked the last of the peppers yesterday...I'm roasting and packing them this weekend...
I don't think I've met a soup I don't like...I'll keep an eye out for diabetic=friendly recipes...though I'm sure she has a nice collection...

Mornin' all :)

Frost outside, two deer grazing about 20 yards from my front door. Fall is here!

Mornin' all :)

Frost outside, two deer grazing about 20 yards from my front door. Fall is here!
I love fall...and yes, it's here;) Actually, no frost yet..I was happy... as there is no extra hour of sleep here;)
We have lots of deer here-they are fearless...as well as other multiple woodland creatures-bunch o' foxes...one of the neighbors is a spectacular photographer...trying to get her to do a calendar for a fundraiser...

I love fall...and yes, it's here;) Actually, no frost yet..I was happy... as there is no extra hour of sleep here;)
We have lots of deer here-they are fearless...as well as other multiple woodland creatures-bunch o' foxes...one of the neighbors is a spectacular photographer...trying to get her to do a calendar for a fundraiser...

Fall means I have to put my car into hibernation and winter is on the way, but I can't drive it at the moment anyway. The older I get, the less I'm crazy about winter.
I'm not too fond of fox or coyote, they kill too many young deer and small game.

Fall means I have to put my car into hibernation and winter is on the way, but I can't drive it at the moment anyway. The older I get, the less I'm crazy about winter.
I'm not too fond of fox or coyote, they kill too many young deer and small game.
No coyotes here...the fox here don't seem to bother anything we know about, anyway....
They just drop by for food...and go on their merry way...
Spring is right around the corner...I hope winter flies by...I'm guessing it will;) Then you'll be back on the road again....

No coyotes here...the fox here don't seem to bother anything we know about, anyway....
They just drop by for food...and go on their merry way...
Spring is right around the corner...I hope winter flies by...I'm guessing it will;) Then you'll be back on the road again....

Fox, like coyote, will kill anything they can get their teeth on (although it's more small game and just-born fawns than anything).

At this point, I'm just hoping I can get back on the road in anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back