The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get a bunch...neighborhood and those who drop by from beyond;) We make buckeyes for the neighbors...candy bay-chips for the rest...
Or, they can take some Halloween pencils...I'm always happily surprised how many kids choose the pencils... (if they take the pencils, I give them the candy anyway...lol)

I love some mallo cups (get the GF to make some homemade ones next time she does her candy thing-yum...)...and Twizzlers...

She'll probably give her grand kids a handful of those Mallow Cups (that's why I bought 3 lbs.).
The school bus stop is just beyond my garage, it drops off elementary school kids (about 3 or 4),
so if I'm out, I might give them a few Mallow Cups for an early Halloween treat.

Yea both of my kids turned out well as teens and adults. I just wish some of that rubbed off on one of my grand daughters. That is the laziest kid I have ever seen. I guess 1 out of 3 isn't bad.
How old is she? (Not as old in the "teen mean" story I told you yesterday....that was quite the tale, wasn't it lol?)

How old is she? (Not as old in the "teen mean" story I told you yesterday....that was quite the tale, wasn't it lol?)

She's 15 and knows it all. She is learning to drive after she almost had a couple of wreaks on the main roads I told her mom to only let her drive on the back roads. Well she got really mad at me. I set her little butt straight and gave her the old Sarge talk, she got over her mad pretty quick after that. lol

Yea both of my kids turned out well as teens and adults. I just wish some of that rubbed off on one of my grand daughters. That is the laziest kid I have ever seen. I guess 1 out of 3 isn't bad.

I had good parents, but I was no angel in my younger days. I was single, had my home in my 20's, 2 very nice cars, a real good job and had my fun into my mid 30's. I did keep my priorities in order, went to work every day, made a few good financial decisions and stayed out of jail. It was mostly all good. My father often told me I turned out good and he was proud of me, he was a good man so I guess I did OK.

Kids today are lazier than we were. I noticed that when we hired young people. The GF worked part time at a department store and she said most (not all) kids just wanted to hide and play on their cell phones. She said they are pretty much the same at the hospital too.

I had good parents, but I was no angel in my younger days. I was single, had my home in my 20's, 2 very nice cars, a real good job and had my fun into my mid 30's. I did keep my priorities in order, went to work every day, made a few good financial decisions and stayed out of jail. It was mostly all good. My father often told me I turned out good and he was proud of me, he was a good man so I guess I did OK.

Kids today are lazier than we were. I noticed that when we hired young people. The GF worked part time at a department store and she said most (not all) kids just wanted to hide and play on their cell phones. She said they are pretty much the same at the hospital too.

Your GF is right I see it in my GKs. Take the cell phone away and it is like a death sentence. lol

She's 15 and knows it all. She is learning to drive after she almost had a couple of wreaks on the main roads I told her mom to only let her drive on the back roads. Well she got really mad at me. I set her little butt straight and gave her the old Sarge talk, she got over her mad pretty quick after that. lol
LOL...sophomore? Tell her she can go on the road when she can pay for her insurance...;)
I can just hear the OLD SARGE talk;)

LOL...sophomore? Tell her she can go on the road when she can pay for her insurance...;)
I can just hear the OLD SARGE talk;)

I had to buy my own car and pay my own insurance. I got no help. I worked for a lawn care business all through high school. I bought a '71 Mustang MACH I in the beginning of my junior year. High school girls liked guys with their own cars, especially nice cars (my MACH I was nice) :)

I had to buy my own car and pay my own insurance. I got no help. I worked for a lawn care business all through high school. I bought a '71 Mustang MACH I in the beginning of my junior year. High school girls liked guys with their own cars, especially nice cars (my MACH I was nice) :)
Me too...but I didn't get mine until I got my first teaching job....
Green Fury 111

Me too...but I didn't get mine until I got my first teaching job....
Green Fury 111

It looked like this, maybe a shade darker.

1.jpg

I was spoiled my mom bought me my car 57 Chevy Bel Aire 2 door my junior year of HS. I souped it up and raced it on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back