The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good mornin' everyone :)
Yesterday, I went out to pull the Cobra out and take it to a friend's car dealership to put it in his showroom. And to my luck, it had no clutch! Seems the slave cylinder took a crap.
It's 22 degrees out and my garage isn't heated, maybe you could come up here and help me change it today EE? I'll even put a blanket on the cement floor for you!

Good mornin' everyone :)
Yesterday, I went out to pull the Cobra out and take it to a friend's car dealership to put it in his showroom. And to my luck, it had no clutch! Seems the slave cylinder took a crap.
It's 22 degrees out and my garage isn't heated, maybe you could come up here and help me change it today EE? I'll even put a blanket on the cement floor for you!

I would love to help you out my friend my get down works but my get back up is mostly broken. I didn't know the cobra had a slave cylinder. I thought it would be straight linkage. They rent those kerosene blower heaters for garages.

I would love to help you out my friend my get down works but my get back up is mostly broken. I didn't know the cobra had a slave cylinder. I thought it would be straight linkage. They rent those kerosene blower heaters for garages.

The gettin' back up is still a bit of an issue, but much better than it was since this last surgery. Yes, it has a hydraulic clutch with a small Master Cylinder and a Slave Unit. My mechanic just left and says it's the MC so I'm going to replace both while it's apart. My garage is too small to use one of those torpedo heaters because I have so much stuff in it! So we'll have to put the car on a rollback and take it to his shop or freeze working on it here. Oh well, now I have to get the parts for it :(

The gettin' back up is still a bit of an issue, but much better than it was since this last surgery. Yes, it has a hydraulic clutch with a small Master Cylinder and a Slave Unit. My mechanic just left and says it's the MC so I'm going to replace both while it's apart. My garage is too small to use one of those torpedo heaters because I have so much stuff in it! So we'll have to put the car on a rollback and take it to his shop or freeze working on it here. Oh well, now I have to get the parts for it :(

Good idea changing both it saves money in the long run. Good luck.

Good idea changing both it saves money in the long run. Good luck.

I spoke to the owner of the company who built the car and he agreed, changing both was a good idea, so ordered the parts from them. They were $140, which wasn't too bad (I guess). I should have the parts by sometime next week and my friend and I will put them in. I'm not sure if we'll do it in my garage or take it on his flatbed and do it in his shop. We'll see. Hopefully, my other friend still wants it in his Ford dealership showroom once it's fixed.

The owner of the car co. said they may bring a few of their cars up to advertise at the Ford at Carlisle, it's a huge 4 day car show and flea market they have every June. He invited me to come and park with them. I will probably go since it isn't far at all from me.

I spoke to the owner of the company who built the car and he agreed, changing both was a good idea, so ordered the parts from them. They were $140, which wasn't too bad (I guess). I should have the parts by sometime next week and my friend and I will put them in. I'm not sure if we'll do it in my garage or take it on his flatbed and do it in his shop. We'll see. Hopefully, my other friend still wants it in his Ford dealership showroom once it's fixed.

The owner of the car co. said they may bring a few of their cars up to advertise at the Ford at Carlisle, it's a huge 4 day car show and flea market they have every June. He invited me to come and park with them. I will probably go since it isn't far at all from me.

Changing both is a smart play. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people change 1 and not the other, me included only to have to change the other part a few months later. Also if you ever change any steering parts change the other side as well.

Changing both is a smart play. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people change 1 and not the other, me included only to have to change the other part a few months later. Also if you ever change any steering parts change the other side as well.

I was lucky this happened in my garage and not out driving somewhere. Losing the clutch would have not been good! The owner of the company said he's heard the slave can rust, I'm thinking the changes in temps here last year and this fall may have caused it to draw moisture and rust. I'm just glad it didn't happen with my mother with me.
Yes, most things like that should be changed in pairs, especially if you have things apart. Saves frustration, time and money

Good morning. Ok Top you can lift you hex we are tired of the cold weather. :(
LOL...I'll pray for warmere temps for The Sunshine State in general;) (But, I think you need to speak to the Hexpert here if you think that's the issue;)

LOL...I'll pray for warmere temps for The Sunshine State in general;) (But, I think you need to speak to the Hexpert here if you think that's the issue;)

It's really not that cold it's the wind chill. It's that damp wind that cuts right through you. And now with so many trees gone it blows all the time.

It's really not that cold it's the wind chill. It's that damp wind that cuts right through you. And now with so many trees gone it blows all the time.
That's the way it is here...very damp...I just checked my sister's weather...it says 80...can that be right?

It's 71 in Orlando so yea that may be right.

34 here and drizzling. Supposed to get to 50 Sun. but over an inch of rain predicted from now until Sun. night. Then drops down to highs in the 20's next week. Send some of your warmth up this way!!

Hi darling, I'm sorry I've been ignoring you lately. No need to muddy up a nice thread with your snide remarks even though you miss me terribly.

Don't worry, warm weather is on the way for EE and his lovely bride. 75F and sunshine for Monday, perfect Santa weather. :laugh:

34 here and drizzling. Supposed to get to 50 Sun. but over an inch of rain predicted from now until Sun. night. Then drops down to highs in the 20's next week. Send some of your warmth up this way!!
We're not supposed to get to 50, but I'm going to cross my fingers the forecast here is wrong...they usually are;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back