The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winter is a lot easier to deal with in retirement
when you don't have to get up clean the car off
and drive to work.

Yep! Something nice about looking out and seeing that it's snowing like crazy, and crawling back up under the covers for another hour or two. Next semester will be fun; two of my classes start at 9am. Ruh roh. lol

Good morning, everyone. It has been so cold, wet and gloomy, that for the first time in history, the girlfriend and I put tuned the television to the "Yule Log" channel. It gives the illusion of warmth and comfort.

Good morning, everyone. It has been so cold, wet and gloomy, that for the first time in history, the girlfriend and I put tuned the television to the "Yule Log" channel. It gives the illusion of warmth and comfort.

Cold, wet and gloomy here too. Supposed to get colder come Monday. I'm already ready for spring to come and I wouldn't even complain about mowing the lawn!

Morning all. Instead of the traditional Christmas dinner we have decided on prime rib. I'm not a big turkey eater and neither are our grand children, so this year we are going non traditional.

Morning all. Instead of the traditional Christmas dinner we have decided on prime rib. I'm not a big turkey eater and neither are our grand children, so this year we are going non traditional.
We do that every year....it's fabulous;)

What a great idea. I've been super tempted to order the bacon wrapped prime rib special from Omaha Steaks. I know it's over priced, but I've heard it's really good, and would be damned convenient.

Yum! Just a word of warning: It will make your oven very, very messy. But it's so worth it!

Lol, I've also been considering getting a membership there. I'm not impressed with the meat at Walmart. Is Sam's better?

I think it is. Last time we were there we bought some sirloin steaks and they were very good. The ground beef is good also. I believe our Sam's Club get their meats from a local farm here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back