The most important unresolved scientific questions, in my opinion.

I guess then the question of "why would a designer create a series of simple eyes early on but ONLY LATER develop more complex eyes? Why would a "designer" not create all eyes simultaneously?
Define "simple eye".
The point being that we see this type of thing over and over in the fossil record.
Fossils are not a record of lineage or "development". Your arbitrary assignments of "lineage" are YOUR assignments.
Simple life early on and the rise of more and more complex life later on as new environmental niches are exploited.
Yet you have a simple life. I guess you can't exploit anything.
There is always the possibility that an invisible magician wandered across the earth making new life as each year passed but since we have no evidence FOR said invisible magician why propose it?
But you do. The presence of life itself is evidence.
Is it simply because you are unable to conceive of complex systems arising spontaneously in nature?
From what? What do you consider a "complex system"?
Arguing FOR the existence of God based on one's own ignorance is what leads to the "God of the Gaps" theology. Many theologians warn against this type of reasoning since it almost always results in God getting smaller and smaller as our knowledge grows.
How small do you think God is? A midget? The size of a molecule? The size of an atom? The size of a quark? Please supply evidence of this theory.
Since there is zero evidence for an invisible magician making all the new life that shows up in the fossil record I see no reason to hypothesize such a thing.
There is. The fossils themselves.

1) a. What caused the Big Bang to happen?
A really big BOOM!

How exactly does matter and energy spring into existence from nothing?
I read somewhere that nothing causes matter and energy to just spring into existence, so I guess the idea is to find some of this nothing and let it just spring some energy and matter into existence.

1) b. Why were the physical and mathematical properties which dropped out of the Big Bang so finely tuned for the creation of complex matter and molecules?
The universe-tuning guy, who was on call at the time, did a fine job tuning the universe. Can we get him back to tune some of those parts of the universe that have fallen out of tune?

2) a. What is consciousness, and how exactly does it emerge from biochemistry?
Everybody begins to reawaken a bit soon after leaving the classroom.

2) b. How do electrochemical potentials from our sensory organs result in a rich, subjective mental experience of the physical world?
You go into "SETTINGS" and you adjust the resultion to the desired granularity.

3) a. How did biology emerge from chemistry,
All the students walked out of the classroom.

how exactly does matter and energy go from non-being to being?
They self-identify with different pronouns.

3) b. Why was there only one genesis of life on Earth around 4 billion years ago (available evidence indicating that all life that ever existed here shares a common genetic origin)?
There was likely more than one, and no one knows when that first one occurred.

Why is there no evidence of multiple genesis's of different genetic trees of life?
"We" are constantly discovering the strangest of organisms in the ocean that don't conform to any existing evolution theory, i.e. a new theory has to be created.

Ideological partisans seek to either invoke miraculous intervention, or to sweep inconvenient uncertainties under the rug.
... as opposed to those non-ideological partisans who embrace inconvenient uncertainties.

Yes it is. RQAA.
no, it's not. We don't KNOW how old the Earth is and probably never will. That doesn't mean there isn't evidence to believe one way or the other.

So, I'm not asking what you KNOW, I'm asking what you think is more likely.

Is it more likely that the earth is about 6,000 years old or is it more likely it's billions of years old?

I'm asking again knowing full well that you'll run from the question like IBDaMann ran from the atmosphere question, but it's still entertaining for me.

[image deleted]
7a2a5befa9e1071b150e2ad16c859ce1.jpg

How small do you think God is? A midget? The size of a molecule? The size of an atom? The size of a quark? Please supply evidence of this theory.
Wait! Isn't the scientific consensus of the scientific community in all the peer reviewed papers in all the science journals that God is a particle? It was discovered, after all, by scientists. It's scientific.

Now I admit that the jury is out as to whether God is also a wave, or if He only does the wave in stadiums, but it's only a matter of time until Cypress posts the correct answer.

There is. The fossils themselves.
I'm thinking about pursuing a doctoral thesis, that each fossil is ... I hope you're sitting down for this ... evidence of at least one parent that might not also be in the fossil block chain accounting ledger.

I'm already planning the lecture circuit.

no, it's not.
Yes it is.
We don't KNOW how old the Earth is and probably never will.
Which is what I just said.
That doesn't mean there isn't evidence to believe one way or the other.
Evidence is not belief or a religion.
So, I'm not asking what you KNOW, I'm asking what you think is more likely.
RQAA.
Is it more likely that the earth is about 6,000 years old or is it more likely it's billions of years old?
RQAA. Math errors: Failure to declare boundary. Failure to declare randX.
I'm asking again knowing full well that you'll run from the question like IBDaMann ran from the atmosphere question, but it's still entertaining for me.
RQAA. Denial of posts. Argument of the Stone fallacy. Assumption of victory fallacy.

Wait! Isn't the scientific consensus of the scientific community in all the peer reviewed papers in all the science journals that God is a particle? It was discovered, after all, by scientists. It's scientific.

Now I admit that the jury is out as to whether God is also a wave, or if He only does the wave in stadiums, but it's only a matter of time until Cypress posts the correct answer.

I'm thinking about pursuing a doctoral thesis, that each fossil is ... I hope you're sitting down for this ... evidence of at least one parent that might not also be in the fossil block chain accounting ledger.

I'm already planning the lecture circuit.
Learn to play the piano, develop a nasally voice, and you might get as far as Tom Leher.

Yes it is.

Which is what I just said.

Evidence is not belief or a religion.

RQAA.

RQAA. Math errors: Failure to declare boundary. Failure to declare randX.

RQAA. Denial of posts. Argument of the Stone fallacy. Assumption of victory fallacy.
The avoidance is real.

Back