The most important unresolved scientific questions, in my opinion.

You are hallucinating again. RQAA.
Says the person who, despite being VERY opinionated about the impact of CO2 in the atmosphere, won't answer the question either.

You are both so transparent with your bobbing and weaving and flat out ignoring to avoid answering simple question because you know answering it honestly would fly in the face of what you want to believe.

Says the person who, despite being VERY opinionated about the impact of CO2 in the atmosphere, won't answer the question either.

You are both so transparent with your bobbing and weaving and flat out ignoring to avoid answering simple question because you know answering it honestly would fly in the face of what you want to believe.

Yeah, for Into and IBdaMann and various associated socks it appears to be a really simplistic game. You just deny whatever was posted. How some people gain "entertainment" out of this sort of stuff is beyond me. But I guess it takes all types.

Yeah, for Into and IBdaMann and various associated socks it appears to be a really simplistic game. You just deny whatever was posted. How some people gain "entertainment" out of this sort of stuff is beyond me. But I guess it takes all types.
I can't say I always find it entertaining, but I sometimes do. I think the tap dancing and avoiding says a lot about the positions they take.

This is not a science problem; it is a philosophical/religious question.

Assumption: The universe is finely tuned.

* A finely tuned universe implies a universe tuner with all mandatory universe tuning certifications
* Having all mandatory universe tuning certifications implies there is a finely tuned universe resulting from a passed certification exam.
* A finely tuned universe implies a universe tuner with all mandatory universe tuning certifications
* Having all mandatory universe tuning certifications implies there is a finely tuned universe resulting from a passed certification exam.

Biochemistry creates senses which, when combined, create perception. Perception and other cognitive faculties, being agnostic to the neurobiology that facilitates them, create the illusion of a self that is somehow independent of its operating "hardware." It's all an illusion.

This illusion happens to be very high-res.

I detailed this in another post.

There are probably constant geneses. Thermal vents at the bottom of the ocean are likely the birthplace for new life regularly.

This is a "no true Scotsman" fallacy.
If self is an illusion, we wouldn't be aware.

In a sense. "It" is just a bunch of chemical reactions.

Hear hear! Agreed. We are self-aware chemical reactor. Self-awareness seems to be on spectrum across the animal kingdom so it doesn't appear to be some "special" feature of humans.

Hear hear! Agreed. We are self-aware chemical reactor. Self-awareness seems to be on spectrum across the animal kingdom so it doesn't appear to be some "special" feature of humans.
Yep. Now I notice that you mention the "animal" kingdom, implying that plants are excluded. Plants have chemical reactions all the same; they just don't have electro-chemical nervous systems.

So the question becomes "Do other sets of (perhaps sufficiently complex) chemical processes outside of animal nervous systems create illusory senses of awareness?"

We just don't know the answers to these kinds of questions.

And since we (humans)
actually are merely the currently dominant species on a relatively nondescript speck of dust circling a relatively nondescript star (among hundreds of billions of stars) in a relatively nondescript galaxy (among hundreds of billions of galaxies)...

...what makes us think we will ever be able to figure it out?

It may well be a persistent mystery for all of the lifetime of our species.

We just do not know the answers to these kinds of questions.

Doesn't mean we should not search, but keep in mind what we actually are.
nihilism.

anti-humanism.

You're addressing the wrong poster. You should be mentioning this to AProudLefty.

I am addressing your post but it could apply generally. Your post suggested the "illusion" made one think they are real. My comment applies to that as well.

I am addressing your post but it could apply generally. Your post suggested the "illusion" made one think they are real. My comment applies to that as well.
I'm suggesting that your efforts would bear more fruit if you were to address AProudLefty's posts.

Back