THE NEW AND IMPROVED JPP THREAD BAN APPROVAL POLL

Should the Thread Ban feature be removed or kept?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
Due to all the "debate" over the JPP Thread Ban feature and since it appears that those doing most of the complaining just haven't thought of starting a poll and maybe having it removed, I figured I would assist them in this endeavor. :D

This poll is slated to end in 30 days.

Please vote and leave your socks on your feet, where they belong.

LOOK MA, NO BANS

Just noticed my typos in the poll questions; so to avoid having the spelling Nazis begin:
The second choice was supposed to be - Keep it; because it's affective and useful. :D

Actually, I think thread bans are good.
It indicates people that come to a Politics Forum and are scared to death of opposing views.

And, even though I'm new here, I notice people hurling epithets at each other. Really not productive. So, I can see people tuning out the 'name-callers'.

... just my opinion

What if I told you that it was JPP liberals who begged for the feature and many of them voted to install it, and then when it was voted on a second time, many of them they voted to keep it?

I'd like to point out that several leftists use it themselves, yet they don't accuse one another of "fearing opposing views".

It wouldn't surprise me if both Red Team/Blue Team partisans used it equally.

Actually, I think thread bans are good.
It indicates people that come to a Politics Forum and are scared to death of opposing views.

And, even though I'm new here, I notice people hurling epithets at each other. Really not productive. So, I can see people tuning out the 'name-callers'.

... just my opinion

I didn't want to ban anyone at first, but if it's non political it's a must normally. I learned that the hard way. I don't care about people butting heads over politics, as it goes with the territory. I'm still weirded out by people, that can't discuss travel pictures, recipes, or the holidays without having to shit on someone. If they only do that, and don't do anything about discussing the topic, they can grab a dunce cap, and take their glorified ways of masturbation outside the discussion. Being ban free is not worth having contributing members get caught in a cat fight, with someone there to do just that.

I didn't want to ban anyone at first, but if it's non political it's a must normally. I learned that the hard way. I don't care about people butting heads over politics, as it goes with the territory. I'm still weirded out by people, that can't discuss travel pictures, recipes, or the holidays without having to shit on someone. If they only do that, and don't do anything about discussing the topic, they can grab a dunce cap, and take their glorified ways of masturbation outside the discussion. Being ban free is not worth having contributing members get caught in a cat fight, with someone there to do just that.

I can understand that. 'Trolls' usually invade a thread and try to disrupt it. Another reason to support 'Thread Bans'.

Yet only one "team" seems to use it and complain about its use, in my experience.

YOU'RE the typical, average, common 'Team Player' that has no original thought, only 'team' adherence, so you'll have to excuse me if I tune you out.
The topic is about 'Banning', maybe you could voice an opinion?

YOU'RE the typical, average, common 'Team Player' that has no original thought, only 'team' adherence, so you'll have to excuse me if I tune you out.
The topic is about 'Banning', maybe you could voice an opinion?

Am I going to have to ask to have the two of you retro-banned. LOL

Back