The Official So Anyway Thread

So anyways I was watching Bonfire of the Vanities last night and as I did I thought that this is the perfect film for people to watch if they are still trying to figure out what went wrong with America.

Congrats to Brother Steven for yet another Top Shelf thread idea!

Thanks very much. Now here's something interesting, I wasn't allowed to log back onto USMB, even though my ban was SUPPOSED to be lifted at 12AM CST this morning. And there's no way I can contact anyone because I'm under a ban. Well, I can only guess that the lifting of my ban is actually tomorrow morning, 12AM CST. Unfortunately the moderators and the ones who run USMB aren't real sharp at times. So I'm going to keep checking periodically to see if I can get back on the site. I have a feeling I won't be able to do this until midnight tonight. I had high hopes of re-joining the site NOW, but there ARE some knuckleheads that work for the site and their inept work most likely prevented this.

Thanks very much. Now here's something interesting, I wasn't allowed to log back onto USMB, even though my ban was SUPPOSED to be lifted at 12AM CST this morning. And there's no way I can contact anyone because I'm under a ban. Well, I can only guess that the lifting of my ban is actually tomorrow morning, 12AM CST. Unfortunately the moderators and the ones who run USMB aren't real sharp at times. So I'm going to keep checking periodically to see if I can get back on the site. I have a feeling I won't be able to do this until midnight tonight. I had high hopes of re-joining the site NOW, but there ARE some knuckleheads that work for the site and their inept work most likely prevented this.

Cool....You are still here so now I get to tell you that I just became a grandpa for the first time!

Cool....You are still here so now I get to tell you that I just became a grandpa for the first time!

Congratulations! THAT must be SO cool. I don't have any children, I've actually never married. My brother, who's a little over 5 years younger than I am, became a grandfather in October of 2018. Unfortunately my mother never got to meet my brother's grandson, she passed in October of 2013. My dad DID get to see his great grandson, but was unfortunately in bad health by then, and he passed last August, 2019. Enjoy your grandchild as much as you can!

So anyway, it appears I'll be posting quite a bit on here at least until midnight tonight. If for some reason my ban is NOT lifted on USMB, and that IS a slight possibility, you knuckleheads (Not YOU, Hawkeye10!) will be stuck with me and my brilliance FULL TIME.:)

I'd like to add that my sister also has no children. She was married for about 19 years. Unfortunately her marriage went very bad, and she went through a pretty nasty divorce. So our "children" are our kitties, whom we love dearly. I sometimes wish I WERE a father, but most of the time I accept that it just wasn't meant for me to BE a dad. And I'm completely OK with that. From 1998 to 2005, I WAS a father, in a way, to a cat, Sasha, my dad and I owned. We left her behind with our neighbors who loved her just as much as we did. She spent almost half her time living at their place! She refused to use a litter box, so she was an outdoor cat, but didn't stray far, and stayed within our area of townhouses. (Actually glorified apartments.) So when we moved some 7-8 miles away from there, we pretty much HAD to leave her. But she WAS in great hands. Leaving her DID tear me up pretty good for a time, but my dad and I adopted another cat just a little over a month after we moved into our new place. This cat, Pepe, was my best buddy for a little over four years. I absolutely adored him, and I believe he adored me, as well. Unfortunately he became so severely ill we had to have him put to sleep. This WAS like losing a "son" to me, I was devastated for a couple weeks. I went into some pretty heavy depression. I was able to pull myself out of this by reading a couple books about grieving from the loss of beloved pets. These books helped tremendously. Unfortunately I was still living in Arizona at the time, and my sister and mother had already moved back here to Indiana. I had some nice long talks on the phone with both my mom and sister about how to let go one's grief over losing a pet. My sister and I have now have had our female cat, Emily, for about 10 years, and our male, Henry, for a little over 9 and a half years. After losing my dear friend Pepe, I told myself to never fall in love with an animal that much again. Well, I DO love the two kitties we have now, but I really wouldn't have it any other way. Sorry for my rambling, I guess I needed to get this out.

So anyway, I'm back on USMB! So unfortunately I won't be on here that often in the future. Keep this fantastic thread going, everyone. And ciao, for now.;)

I'm having an absolute blast on the US Message Boards (USMB) site. I invite ANY of you to check out this site, and think about joining it. It's free, of course, and you have to only supply them with an e-mail address to join. I use the name bluzman61 on there, in reference to my love of blues music, and the year I was born, 1961. I have a lot of fun on that site.

Back