The origin of life.

I AM discussing science. Specifically, the law of cause and effect. The foundation of modern science. Nothing can exist without something causing it to exist. This applies to all physical entities. There are no exceptions. There has to be a first cause that was not itself caused. You cannot have an infinite regression of causes. It's a physical impossibility. There has to be a first cause. And science says it cannot be a physical cause. What does that leave you? Something non physical.
No you are not discussing science. As soon as you lept to the conclusion that Newtons Third law has a supernatural causation you stopped discussing science. End of story.

Sorry but I just have no interest in discussing this topic with someone who has no understanding of even the basics of science. When you have recieved some formal training and education in science I'd be more than happy to discuss the topic with you but currently you're just offering a circular argument logical fallacy.

According to scripture it was 340 years between Noah's worldwide flood and the Tower of Babel.. Talk about supernatural!

Give me a break PiMP. You might be one heck of a lawyer....but science is definitely not your thing. You've virtually no formal training in it, don't recognize its most basic ground rules and mostly use the same circular logic that poor old Grugore is using. You've done an amazing job of convincing yourself, if no one else. LOL

here we go again.....

you never debate this issue.....you just claim you know more about it and leave.....

not sure why you don't have the balls just to debate the issue...

No you are not discussing science. As soon as you lept to the conclusion that Newtons Third law has a supernatural causation you stopped discussing science. End of story.

Sorry but I just have no interest in discussing this topic with someone who has no understanding of even the basics of science. When you have recieved some formal training and education in science I'd be more than happy to discuss the topic with you but currently you're just offering a circular argument logical fallacy.

On the matter of thermodynamics. Doesn't an origin of life/the universe notion inherently violate the theory that "matter is neither created or destroyed—it merely changes form?"

To all you clueless atheists on here. Nothing physical can create itself. It's a scientific fact. Therefore, the universe did not have a physical cause, since that cause cannot create itself. So yeah. God did it.

To all you clueless atheists on here. Nothing physical can create itself. It's a scientific fact. Therefore, the universe did not have a physical cause, since that cause cannot create itself. So yeah. God did it.

One of the finest examples of uneducated, superstitious circular logic that could be imagined.
Congratulations, you beat PMP.

One of the finest examples of uneducated, superstitious circular logic that could be imagined.
Congratulations, you beat PMP.

Well then. Perhaps you could give us an example of something creating itself. Because it would violate the fundamental law of all science.

Well then. Perhaps you could give us an example of something creating itself. Because it would violate the fundamental law of all science.

you have to forgive BucKKKleon........he's still struggling to understand the topic of the last debate he lost to me........

you have to forgive BucKKKleon........he's still struggling to understand the topic of the last debate he lost to me........

You know, it's funny. They claim to believe in science, but they refuse to accept the simple scientific fact that nothing physical can create itself. It's the equivalent of being your own father. And yet they refuse to see the obvious. They also now claim that gravity created the universe. So, what created gravity? EL OH EL. They will believe anything rather than the obvious conclusion that the universe was created by a Creator. They do this because they love their sin more than their Creator. Foolish pride is what it is.

On the matter of thermodynamics. Doesn't an origin of life/the universe notion inherently violate the theory that "matter is neither created or destroyed—it merely changes form?"

No because energy and matter are interchangeable. Changing from one state to the other on a massive scale could cause a creation/annihilation event. It would only violate the law of conservation if matter/energy is being literally created or destroyed. Changing states does not violate the law of conservation.

No because energy and matter are interchangeable. Changing from one state to the other on a massive scale could cause a creation/annihilation event. It would only violate the law of conservation if matter/energy is being literally created or destroyed. Changing states does not violate the law of conservation.

That still precludes the known universe being created out of whole cloth, since it requires the existence of energy to be changed into matter (with a bang!!).

Back