The Rich vs. Poor Pay Gap In America; When will the people say "enough is enough"..

OK did I indicate anything to the contrary?
'
The only thing you are terminally wrong about is that CU is a good thing. It is an outrage which enables the exact system you describe to operate with even greater secrecy.

Where do you get the dimwitted notion that I am in favor of big government, retard?

Who knows what you are in favor of; you're a dimwit who thinks our Founders created a Constitution out of fear of big corporations.

Good lord; you give retard a bad name.

maybe you'll manage to see that the bribers are just as culpable as those taking the bribes.

Both are culpable of legalized bribery but the “bribers” unlike the politicians never took a sacred oath and promised anybody anything except to do their best to grow their investors wealth.

And what if politicians can't be bought? They get wacked. It's their silver or their lead.

Then they should at least be running for their particular offices with truthful rhetoric and explain to their voters that they will be accepting bribery and delivering a quid-pro-quo out of the public treasury or with favorable legislation to those who bribe them.

Show where I supported the McCain/Feingold 1st Amendment violation idiot.

You may also want to participate in this thread, where I soundly disproved the legitimacy of CU; http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?41700-Defend-Citizens-United

Surely Goober since you oppose the correct constitutional decision in the Citizens United case, you of course would favor any and all constitutional violations in election law by BIG fucking Nanny Government. McCain/Feingold would be right up your Goober alley! So why deny it?

Surely Goober since you oppose the correct constitutional decision in the Citizens United case, you of course would favor any and all constitutional violations in election law by BIG fucking Nanny Government. McCain/Feingold would be right up your Goober alley! So why deny it?

How about some participation in the thread I linked to? Prove me wrong wise one.

It was the wrong constitutional decision. The supreme court is corrupt. Money is not speech. Never has been, never will be.

Both are culpable of legalized bribery but the “bribers” unlike the politicians never took a sacred oath and promised anybody anything except to do their best to grow their investors wealth.

Then they should at least be running for their particular offices with truthful rhetoric and explain to their voters that they will be accepting bribery and delivering a quid-pro-quo out of the public treasury or with favorable legislation to those who bribe them.

Bribery is considered immoral and is illegal. It doesnt require having taken a "special oath" for there to be culpability.

And CL. I dont want to hear you arguing anymore when someone says corporations run the government. You've admitted they do, and that you just want politicians to be honest about it

Last edited:
It was the wrong constitutional decision. The supreme court is corrupt. Money is not speech. Never has been, never will be.

Why is that; because you fancy yourself as some form of constitutional scholar? We're the non-corrupt when they voted Obamascare as Constitutional use of the tax code?

Twit.

And CL. I dont want to hear you arguing anymore when someone says corporations run the government. You've admitted they do, and that you just want politicians to be honest about it

Claiming that corporations run the Government is a brain dead strawman for dimwitted clueless asshats.

One needs hip waders to get through the fascinating bullshit being uttered on this thread that continues to defy logic and reason while never touching on what the true ailment and cause of growing income/wealth gap in this nation is; a lack of jobs thanks to the irresponsible buffoonery of Democrats and this painfully inept President.

As jobs continue to disappear under a whithering mountain of debt and deficits combined with pushes to increase the welfare State to accommodate the unemployed, the moronic Marxist class envy rhetoric and caustic partisan divisiveness of the dimwitted occupant of the White House grows louder.

This leaderless nation is beginning to sound like a 3rd world South American nation with Hugo Chavez at its helm, assisted by union thugs, declaring that the economic malaise is not his fault, but the fault of those that actually make the economy work. The only solution, therefore, is to destroy the engine of capitalism and supplant it with Government controls because we all know that BIG Government run by caring leftists know best what is good foe the sheeple.

Yes, you really are THAT stupid.

Our founders weren't fearful of Corporations, they were afraid of dullards like you having the ability to vote.

Last edited:
Claiming that corporations run the Government is a brain dead strawman for dimwitted clueless asshats.

One needs hip waders to get through the fascinating bullshit being uttered on this thread that continues to defy logic and reason while never touching on what the true ailment and cause of growing income/wealth gap in this nation is; a lack of jobs thanks to the irresponsible buffoonery of Democrats and this painfully inept President.

As jobs continue to disappear under a whithering mountain of debt and deficits combined with pushes to increase the welfare State to accommodate the unemployed, the moronic Marxist class envy rhetoric and caustic partisan divisiveness of the dimwitted occupant of the White House grows louder.

This leaderless nation is beginning to sound like a 3rd world South American nation with Hugo Chavez at its helm, assisted by union thugs, declaring that the economic malaise is not his fault, but the fault of those that actually make the economy work. The only solution, therefore, is to destroy the engine of capitalism and supplant it with Government controls because we all know that BIG Government run by caring leftists know best what is good foe the sheeple.

Yes, you really are THAT stupid.

Our founders weren't fearful of Corporations, they were afraid of dullards like you having the ability to vote.

No. The lack of jobs is due to corporations preferring overseas slaves for short term profit instead of contributing to the national economy by hiring americans.

And i already posted Jefferson's quote about central fiat currency banking combined with corporatism would destroy the nation. Do you want me to repost it for your enjoyment.

And classic liberal, your butt buddy, already agreed that corporations bribe the government.

how wrong can one person be? very wrong, and you prove it.

No. The lack of jobs is due to corporations preferring overseas slaves for short term profit instead of contributing to the national economy by hiring americans.

And i already posted Jefferson's quote about central fiat currency banking combined with corporatism would destroy the nation. Do you want me to repost it for your enjoyment.

And classic liberal, your butt buddy, already agreed that corporations bribe the government.

I'm going to let you believe whatever you want to believe. It's obvious you're impervious to facts and reality.

Toodles dimwit.

In other words "I didn't read it because I'm scared I might learn something"....I knew you wouldn't read it, you hate new information. Cults are never allowed to take in new information or they are shunned.

The first sentence is poorly worded. I disagree with any sentence that begins with "Capitalism is good" since I don't think it is necessarily in and of itself good. Marx gave credit to the capitalist system and to capitalists in the Communist Manifesto (1848) a fact that Marshall Berman celebrated in his small book Adventures in Marxism (1999). While I agree that we have reached a near breaking point and the system has become top heavy I would advise everyone to read the last Chapters of naturalist Frank Norris's classic novel from 1901 The Octopus in which an old woman starves to death in the street while the rich railroad barons who have recently been ripping off the farmers with their freight fees are celebrating another year of record profits with a lavish feast in a huge hall somewhere in San Francisco to learn that the problems associated with the practice of capitalism are legion and have never been adequately solved or even realistically constrained to any degree. Under today's pervasive ideology and the fetishization of freedom and the market we have come to believe that there is no role for government in either the redistribution of wealth or even in helping to find a the solution for the pervasive problem that has always been a key feature of capitalism since Marx analyzed its workings and mechanisms in his classic study from 1867, Capital, Vol. 1 and while many commentators from the right and many more from the left have criticized Marx for all the things he got wrong, it is only more recently that more people have begun to discover how much he got right in his essay.

Capitalism is a mechanism for the exploitation of workers and for the accumulation of wealth. That is the systems primary purpose, the extraction and accumulation of the excess capital from each worker's production. But under the current regimes of finance capitalism and the globalization of production we have come to believe that government has no place and that unrestricted growth and accumulation is good for everyone. Numerous arguments have been constructed in the bowels of the right wing think tanks first envisioned by Lewis Powell, in a short essay he wrote in 1971 for the Chamber of Commerce, that became known as the "Powell Memorandum." In this tract which was still unknown at the time of Powell's confirmation hearing as a Supreme Court justice and was only leaked months later by Jack Anderson, Powell laid out what has become the basic model for regaining the strings of government and retaking the power from the masses of Americans who have suffered greatly as a result of a series of manipulations that they would do well to better understand. In fact, this problem of growing inequality and the struggle over it is part of the fabric of American life.

It was a problem as far back as the turn of the century and certainly at the point when an earlier Populism had laid the groundwork for a budding Progressivism, a progressivism that moved reformism from the frontier to the big city and which Alfred Kazin writing in Native Ground: An Interpretation of Modern American Prose Literature (1942) said "was not, as revolutionary workmen had hoped for thirty years, one of pure revulsion against the profit system; it was an attack on those who had lived too well on the profit system, on those who had destroyed free opportunity for others...and it signaled from the first a desire to bring the old balance of competition back" (95). It is in this same spirit that this article begins with the statement "Capitalism is good" a sentiment it should be clear by now that I do not share in its simplicity. But what the let needs to do as Adolph Reed points out well in several of his books on activism in the Black community and on the left in more general terms is through education and organization to realize the role that government might play in all this and to return to a sense that we are the power and we have to utilize it in ways that revers the losses since 1970s and begin to infect those on the left with the importance of activism and organizational and how that can lead to a government that is more responsive to the needs of the masses of people who are never going to be anything more than hourly workers making an average wage. It is those people who have to be organized in the ways that labor unions used to be sources of political organization in the 1940s and 1950s when their membership was close to 35% still not a majority of workers by any stretch but a much larger group than is represented now, when barely 11% of workers are represented and many of those are conservative union members, a statement that would have been considered oxymoronic in the halcyon days of American labor. But until the left begins to understand the power that lies in activism and organization we will continue to struggle with conditions that are only going to get worse for all or most of the working class in America.

Capitalism at best is a very unfair and decrepit way of doing business and the people engaging in it must constantly be controlled so that they do not run amok and strip their workers of all manner of sustenance while enriching themselves generously on the backs of those workers. And this balance is only maintained when workers realize their power and use that power to control the owners and their bosses, and those who Richard Wright called "the Lords of the Land," through the leverage that comes from regaining control of government and using government in ways that control the vast accumulation of wealth and power by the capitalists of this nation.

Last edited:
The Rich vs. Poor Pay Gap In America; When will the people say "enough is enough"..

Here is an interesting question. When a businessman gives money to the mob, are they bribing them or paying protection money?

It is the latter.

The same could be said about politicians who say "gee, I would hate for some regulation to come tear down your bidness"

Let's assume that corporations are rent seekers wanting to leverage the gobblement to create competitive advantages. I would not argue against that.

Fundamentally there has to be someone on the other end of that bribe.

But here is an interesting question for you. Is giving money to politicians ALWAYS a bribe?

For example is NARAL bribing democrats to be pro murder of babies?
Is the AFL/CIO bribing democrats?

The first sentence is poorly worded. I disagree with any sentence that begins with "Capitalism is good" since I don't think it is necessarily in and of itself good. Marx gave credit to the capitalist system and to capitalists in the Communist Manifesto (1848) a fact that Marshall Berman celebrated in his small book Adventures in Marxism (1999). While I agree that we have reached a near breaking point and the system has become top heavy I would advise everyone to read the last Chapters of naturalist Frank Norris's classic novel from 1901 The Octopus in which an old woman starves to death in the street while the rich railroad barons who have recently been ripping off the farmers with their freight fees are celebrating another year of record profits with a lavish feast in a huge hall somewhere in San Francisco to learn that the problems associated with the practice of capitalism are legion and have never been adequately solved or even realistically constrained to any degree. Under today's pervasive ideology and the fetishization of freedom and the market we have come to believe that there is no role for government in either the redistribution of wealth or even in helping to find a the solution for the pervasive problem that has always been a key feature of capitalism since Marx analyzed its workings and mechanisms in his classic study from 1867, Capital, Vol. 1 and while many commentators from the right and many more from the left have criticized Marx for all the things he got wrong, it is only more recently that people have begun to discover how much he got right in his essay. Capitalism is a mechanism for the exploitation of workers and for the accumulation of wealth. That is the systems primary purpose, the extraction and accumulation of the excess capital from each worker's production. But under the current regimes of finance capitalism and the globalization of production we have come to believe that government has no place and that unrestricted growth and accumulation is good for everyone.

Numerous arguments have been constructed in the bowels of the right wing think tanks first envisioned by Lewis Powell, in a short essay he wrote in 1971 for the Chamber of Commerce, that became known as the "Powell Memorandum." In this tract which was still unknown at the time of Powell's confirmation hearing as a Supreme Court justice and was only leaked months later by Jack Anderson, Powell laid out what has become the basic model for regaining the strings of government and retaking the power form the masses of Americans who have suffered greatly as a result of a series of manipulations that they would so well to better understand. In fact, this problem is part of the fabric of American life. It was a problem as far back as the turn of the century and certainly at the point when an earlier Populism has laid the groundwork for a budding Progressivism, a progressivism that moved reformism from the frontier to the big city and which Alfred Kazin writing in Native Ground: An Interpretation of Modern American Prose Literature (1942) said "was not, as revolutionary workmen had hoped for thirty years, one of pure revulsion against the profit system; it was an attack on those who had lived too well on the profit system, on those who had destroyed free opportunity for others...and it signaled from the first a desire to being the old balance of competition back" (95). It is in this same spirit that this article begins with the statement "Capitalism is good" a sentiment it should be clear by now that I do not share in its simplicity. But what the let needs to do as Adolph Reed points out well in several of his books on activism in the Black community and on the left in more general terms is through education and organization to realize the role that government might play in all this and to return to a sense that we are the power and we have to utilize it in ways that revers the losses since 1970s and begin to infect those on the left with the importance of activism and organizational and how that can lead to a government that is more responsive to the needs of the masses of people who are never going to be anything more than hourly workers making an average wage. It is those people who have to be organized in the ways that labor unions used to be sources of political organization in the 1940s and 1950s when their membership was close to 35% still not a majority of workers by any stretch but a much larger group than is represented now, when barely 11% of workers are represented and many of those are conservative union members, a statement that would have been considered oxymoronic in the halcyon days of American labor. But until the left begins to understand the power that lies in activism and organization we will continue to struggle with conditions that are only going to get worse for all or most of the working class in America.

Capitalism at best is a very unfair and decrepit way of doing business and the people engaging in it must constantly be controlled so that they do not run amok and strip their workers of all manner of sustenance while enriching themselves generously on the backs of those workers. And this balance is only maintained when workers realize their power and use that power to control the owners and their bosses, and those who Richard Wright called "the Lords of the Land," through the leverage that comes from regaining control of government and using government in ways that control the cast accumulation of wealth and power by the capitalists of this nation.

Yes I can see how you think it is unfair for people to make choices free of coercion. What a horrible construct for people to live under.

Much better the state direct people's affairs. We saw it work perfectly......

Wait I will come up with one..

give me a second.....

I will have to get back to you on a communist system that was successful

Back