The Who

Yea...Grace Slick does have a point about old Rockers being pathetic.

But who do you think would be appropriate half time entertainment at the Super Bowl for gerbers like 3D and Waterhead? Brandy? Jessica Simposn? Up With People II? Mr. Roberts?

I don't know why you keep throwing out Brandy. I've never even heard the last two you mentioned.

I have an idea, though. How about Soundgarden?!!!!?

I don't know why you keep throwing out Brandy. I've never even heard the last two you mentioned.

I have an idea, though. How about Soundgarden?!!!!?
I have a better idea

Foo Fighters
Dream Theater
A7X
Dragon Force
Bullet For my Valentine
Slayer
Megadeth
Metallica
3 Inches of Blood
Slayer (they rock that much)
AC/DC
Iced Earth
Rise Against
Disturbed
Iron Maiden

Actually that's 15 better ideas.

I'm not a heavy metal fan, but Disturbed is about my favorite there. Especially Inside the Fire. Foo Fighters are alright.
Not my fault that metal is the end all, be all when it comes to music. As far as Disturbed is, I prefer The Night from their last album.

Last album rocked. And metal is mostly just a bunch of noise. I prefer music. Since Disturbed actually sings, I can enjoy listening to them.
A bunch of noise? Metal is built on the premise of technical proficiency with instruments. What your saying goes against not only my opinion, but musical fact.

Apparently the premises are flawed. There's really nothing precise about screaming.
I'll admit that vocally, metal has some what degraded from it's origins (Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Etc weren't screaming). Of course neither do a lot of modern metal bands (Dream Theater, Metallica, Lacuna Coil, Etc). You usually only find it with thrash and death variety of metal.

I think its a matter of our definitions of what constitutes screaming vs. loud and intense differ slightly. :clink:
No.... while you may not be a fan of classic metal, it does not involve screaming. Here is a classic example;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54H3EUAzpVg"]YouTube- BUDGIE - BREADFAN[/ame]

I have a better idea

Foo Fighters
Dream Theater
A7X
Dragon Force
Bullet For my Valentine
Slayer
Megadeth
Metallica
3 Inches of Blood
Slayer (they rock that much)
AC/DC
Iced Earth
Rise Against
Disturbed
Iron Maiden

Actually that's 15 better ideas.
You'd have a shot at AC/DC and Metallica. But Slayer will never perform there. Disturbed would be awesome.

What they fear the most is a repeat of the Superboob. They fear it so much they even resort to taping the national anthem so that it isn't mocked by somebody like Roseanne or changed in some way. The singer has to tape it then lip-sync for their "performance" at the actual game.

You'd have a shot at AC/DC and Metallica. But Slayer will never perform there. Disturbed would be awesome.

What they fear the most is a repeat of the Superboob. They fear it so much they even resort to taping the national anthem so that it isn't mocked by somebody like Roseanne or changed in some way. The singer has to tape it then lip-sync for their "performance" at the actual game.
Then how could you go wrong with Ted Nugent?

Back