Top Democrat: Bring back the draft

NewsBoy

News Delivery
Read full story for latest details. </img>

More at link...

Sean Hannity, to Draft Board:

"But, I'm gay!!! You can't accept me into the army, and send me to Iraq!"

If there were a fair and evenly instituted draft that would include the children of the rich and powerfull Iraq would never have happened.

If there were a fair and evenly instituted draft that would include the children of the rich and powerfull Iraq would never have happened.

This is true. Its also true that if each member of congress had to cut off a finger in order to be able to vote "Yeah", I'm sure Iraq would have never happened either. It doesn't make it right. I hope the dems quickly silence this movement. The rich and the powerful always get out of things even until this day. If Rengal thinks it would be any different then he's living on another planet. The rich aren't even subjected to the same sentences for similar crimes as the poor. No way in hell they are going to let themselves be subjected to the draft.
All you'll end up with is a military of poor people that don't want to be there in the first place. No thanks.

Rangel from me to you:

STFU!

rangle. this is the stupidity that ther american people have selected for the next two years. i guess they needed a reminder of why the got rid of these morons in the first place.

Not going to happen folks...

Charlie Rangle is just soap box grandstanding...again! Even he said it was just for political commentary...hell I would not mind it though cause y'all liberals would have to go and show us all how it should be done...;) Well at least how to cut and run when it gets too hot!

All the fear the libs used saying Bush was going to start a draft if reelected, when Kerry had a plan in his election platform and Rangel was pushing it and still is years later. How decietful can the libs get?

rangle. this is the stupidity that ther american people have selected for the next two years. i guess they needed a reminder of why the got rid of these morons in the first place.

Thankfully it will never pass. I think his logic is flawed. He's saying that we wouldn't be in Iraq if their kids were in the military, but in fact we went to war because our politicians failed us. Would they have used more caution if their kids were going to be in the line of fire, common sense would tell you yes. But if he wants to institute personal accountability (making them more apt to use caution in the future) you can go about that in a variety of ways that don't inlclude putting the general population's lives at risk.

Thankfully it will never pass. I think his logic is flawed. He's saying that we wouldn't be in Iraq if their kids were in the military, but in fact we went to war because our politicians failed us. Would they have used more caution if their kids were going to be in the line of fire, common sense would tell you yes. But if he wants to institute personal accountability (making them more apt to use caution in the future) you can go about that in a variety of ways that don't inlclude putting the general population's lives at risk.

stupid is as stupid does.

Rangel is a racist piece of shit. His plan is to get the draft re established and get people into the military that don't want to be there in order to weaken the military. Then as things progress he can have soldiers in the war that didn't volunteer and play on the emotions of everyone the way they did in the Vietnam War. Its more efforts to vietnamize this war and pull the same shit they did back then. But he's over estimating the libs this time. Last time he proposed it he lost 402 to 2. That says that even the dems don't agree with him on his silly proposal.

There are already a number of congressmen/womens sons and daughters serving in the military.

What rangel doesn't like is that most of the military are conservatives. A draft would bring in more libs that don't want to be there. His goal like most libs is to tear down the military.

It is a stupid thing to do. If this country is really in danger people will enlist. History has proven that. But the people have little tolerance for wars like Nam and Iraq.

American people have no problem with wars, they just want them quick and we must win. You know, like on tv.

Myth Buster...

Being so tired of all the Liberal Half truths and non truths about the Draft here are the facts...WWII the majority of all who served were draftees...!
Korean war...the majority of all who served during this(Charlies) war were voulunteers made up of Regular,Reserve,NG and Officer Corps...During the VN war 25% were draftess and the remaining 75% were made up of regulars,Reserves,NG and Officer Corps!

Being so tired of all the Liberal Half truths and non truths about the Draft here are the facts...WWII the majority of all who served were draftees...!
Korean war...the majority of all who served during this(Charlies) war were voulunteers made up of Regular,Reserve,NG and Officer Corps...During the VN war 25% were draftess and the remaining 75% were made up of regulars,Reserves,NG and Officer Corps!

What the hell are you talking about? What "liberal half truth"?

What difference does that make?

Yeah, but look at all the numbers Battle.
How many troops were needed in each of the wars you mentioned ?

The fact remains liberals keep ranting and comparing VN to Iraq...and are scarred to death that a draft will be initiated...even if it was... still the majority doing the fighting would be volunteers...serving their country out of free will!

The fact remains liberals keep ranting and comparing VN to Iraq...and are scarred to death that a draft will be initiated...even if it was... still the majority doing the fighting would be volunteers...serving their country out of free will!

I can't disagree with that for Iraq for now, however if it drags on another 5 years it might be another issue entirely.

Back