trump: oblivious moron II

Jeez, Instant. Take it easy or he'll run to the mods to get you banned.
That's the universal sport here.
IOKIRAR.

/shrugs.....there's only one thing you can do to get yourself banned here......for some reason, even though weasel had been warned about nine times, he decided he could do it anyway.......

Giving one sector..............of employment data when discussing................national employment is the equivalent of giving.............local data when discussing global warming........ lol..................Ffs

?..../shrugs......you folks are the ones who've been ignoring data.......doesn't bother me that much......I'm used to stupid lib'ruls by now......

Socrates

Verona NJ

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/...-doylestown-pennsylvania.html#permid=23355959

“I can’t even remember why I opposed it,” said Patrick Murphy.
---------

I can remember why.

Because Fake News and hate radio taught you and tens of millions to hate it, to deride it as 'Obamacare', to oppose it and to refuse to understand it.

Because right-wing propaganda taught you and millions of Americans that ignorance and spite is just as good as knowledge, understanding and compassion.

Because Republicans work hard to dumb down the masses, to collapse the national IQ and to foam up the masses into incoherent rage.

Then, when the right-wing dust settles, and reality sets in, it turns out the Democratic ideas and President Obama's idea was a pretty good one - albeit with some flaws that need fixing.

Another textbook case in Republican intellectual, moral and economic bankruptcy, hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance.

Don't let your children grow up to be Republicans suffering from Pachyderm Spongiform Encephalopathy.

Why does that matter, really? DroppedBear's references are obscure enough to pass muster. Moreover, if you're too verbally incontinent, or too lazy to put in the effort, to craft your text in such a way as to get it past the censor, it wasn't worth hitting the "post" button anyway.

Chuckle at "sjamboking". Nice. Allow me, for once, to counter with questions: Once you've discovered that someone is completely worthless as an interlocutor - sort of a combination of Otedium and The Bat, with a soupçon of Kenny and Crawly - why bother? Really, why waste time on something as deplorable, ineducable, and barren as that? Do you have that kind of time?

Not once they are placed in context.......with Otis' stipulation. Note that 12b provides near unlimited discretion with respect to "tricks". Ricky's problem was that his comment, though targeting adults, employed the words "fondle" and "lad".

And you're right. PmP is willfully ignorant, appallingly so.....he cannot be redeemed absent the sjambok option.

I love L.A. and its open minds … its empty minds, and every now and then, its very brilliant minds. In L.A., you’ll run across the smartest people you’ll ever meet, and they’ll probably be driving for Uber.Still, it is a magnificent and inspiring place— America’s shining city on a hill. You’d have to move to Monaco to find mountains this close to beaches, or wild animals this close to ingénues. In the foothills, we keep black bears as pets.

Quite by coincidence, I just finished a book by John McPhee that directly addresses one very peculiar aspect of LA. Particularly the "mountains close to beaches" aspect.

https://www.amazon.com/Control-Nature-John-McPhee-ebook/dp/B005E8AJT0/ref=sr_1_1

OE in particular would appreciate the quality of the writing in this tome, which is uniformly excellent. Anyways, the first third describes efforts over many years to prevent the Mississippi River from jumping its banks and changing course north of New Orleans. The second third recounts efforts by residents of a small island off Iceland to keep lava from a volcanic eruption from burying their town and their harbor, primarily by spraying many millions of gallons of water so as to deflect the lava flow.

And the final third chronicles efforts by authorities to cope with and where possible prevent "debris flows" in the San Gabriel foothills, bordering LA. A debris flow being an amorphous mass of mud, rock, boulders, branches, trees, and, after it has flowed past human residences, pillars, lawn chairs, automobiles, furniture, etc., that have flowed down from the mountains after a heavy rain. Enormous amounts of money are expended to build enormous pits to try to capture these enormous flows, not always successfully.

The recurring theme in all three narratives is the ceaseless clash of human hope and hubris with natural forces that cannot be tamed. Sometimes the humans win, sometimes they lose. Luck is always involved in any given contest. McPhee infers however that any human victory is necessarily temporary.

And, given that one of the most potent weapons that humans bring to bear in all of these struggles with nature is cheap fossil fuel-based energy, I would add that these struggles will almost certainly not continue very much longer into the future. This however is my own inference, not that of the author.

Raymond Chandler's b'day is July 23. But that's only coincidental. The quote was used as a description of L.A. in an article introducing L.A. to a newcomer in today's LAT. I just liked it. There is no relation to the new batch of local cretins.

I love L.A. and its open minds … its empty minds, and every now and then, its very brilliant minds. In L.A., you’ll run across the smartest people you’ll ever meet, and they’ll probably be driving for Uber.Still, it is a magnificent and inspiring place— America’s shining city on a hill. You’d have to move to Monaco to find mountains this close to beaches, or wild animals this close to ingénues. In the foothills, we keep black bears as pets.

Los Angeles is absolutely a wonderful place to eat. For a few bucks, you can get fish tacos with a tangy sauce you can’t identify. Or, for $300, you can have a sit-down dinner at Totoraku, a restaurant without a sign.
This is the place where fusion meets fusion, where Asia meets America, where good marries evil then immediately begins to see other people. If you live right, most of the time you will have seawater in your hair. Most of the year, your bare feet will have a leathery bottom, as if it is always summer.

It isn’t.

All that “endless summer” stuff comes from the ’50s and ’60s. The bohemian vibe from that time is slipping away, quashed by gentrification and surprisingly long work weeks. The only thing endless about L.A. now is the talk of making LAX better, which we never will.

LAX is our failed welcome mat and proof that we don’t really care about what outsiders think.

Amy, you know that awkward moment when someone in the audience starts a standing ovation but no one joins them? You see that a lot in L.A. It defines the sweet but obstinate nature of our town. Here, even school plays don’t necessarily receive standing ovations. Even as a third-grader, you have to “earn it.”

http://www.latimes.com/home/la-hm-erskine-column-20170722-story.html

Thanks for the heads up.....love RC...

because your data does not take into consideration the jobs lost in manufacturing that we've been discussing......

BLS Employment release for December 2008

"Industry Payroll Employment (Establishment Survey Data)
Total nonfarm payroll employment declined sharply (-524,000) in December. Over the past 4 months, payroll employment has fallen by 1.9 million, or 1.4 percent. In December, large job losses
continued in manufacturing, construction, and employment services, while health care continued to add jobs. (See table B-1.)
Manufacturing employment fell by 149,000 in December, the largest over-the-month decline since August 2001. Factory job losses totaled 791,000 in 2008, with nearly half of the decrease occurring in the fourth quarter. In December, declines were widespread among the component industries. The
largest job losses occurred in fabricated metal products (-28,000) and motor vehicles and parts"

?..../shrugs......you folks are the ones who've been ignoring data.......doesn't bother me that much......I'm used to stupid lib'ruls by now......
Dude.......... PostfactProfit doesn't.....................even begin to............cover................it.........lol.

sends us to White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci's opinion of Donald Trump:

[Donald Trump] is just another hack politician. That's another hack politician. He's just a hack politician. [Donald Trump] is probably going to make Elizabeth Warren his Vice Presidential nominee, with comments like that. It's anti-American [for him to criticize hedge funds]. It's very divisive.

I can tell you what he's going to be president of—you can tell Donald I said this—the Queens County Bowling Association. You have to cut it out now. Stop all this crazy rhetoric.

I don't like the way he talks about women. I don't like the way he talks about our friend Megan Kelly. You know what? The politicians don't want to go at Donald Trump because he has a big mouth, and they are afraid he is going to light them up on Fox News.

But I'm not a politician.

You are an inherited money dude from Queens County! Bring it, Donald! Bring it! An inherited money dude from Queens County!

Q: Do you think Walker will do attack ads against [Donald Trump]?

I don't. I think that Walker is a smart guy and he knows [Donald Trump] is going to implode without attack ads. I don't think [PACs] are going to spend their money on him. Anybody that has been in the high 20s this early in the race has faded. It's Herman Cain. [Trump] says he's different: it's not different.

I'll tell you what I think he's doing. It's right out of Elizabeth Warren's playbook. [Donald,] are you a Democratic plant? Stand here and prove otherwise!

Back