Universal, subsidized child Day care - scandinavian style

A wide screen and SUV are much more important than our childrens welfare. Gotta keep that economy strong! Lets not forget #25 either.

I assume you are attempting to be sarcastic here, but there is a LOT of truth in your above comment. People do tend to want their toys at the expense of not having enough coin to cover the necessities. All for the sake of keeping up with the Jones.

bet it doesn't seem to just to the single person or the couple with no kids.
Just because it makes it easier on a middle class couple doesn't mean we should do it.
You crank out the kids, pay for them.:clink:

As long as their taxes don't go up significantly & it makes a huge impact like this would. I don't think we mind. Now, when you want singles and retirees to fund extravant programs that go above and beyond standard programs, I think that's when you'll get some pull back.

Again, I can't imagine it would break people's backs. I wouldn't mind spending an extra 50 bucks if I knew it would save my neighbor who was a single mom $10-12K a year. I'd estimate that in a town of 30K if everyone paid an additional $50 a year you'd have a budget of $1.5M outside of normal school hours. $20K in extra utilities & materials (some books, paper, crayons, etc), again you'd have the facilities. Parents would be responsible for bringing meals, snacks and transporting them to the school. At least that's what the federal requirement should be.

As a side note to singles and others without kids I think after your 5 or 6th child you should no longer be able to deduct them off of your tax return. Case in point that crazy couple that had 17 freakin' kids.

"I win as usual?"

Sorry, no.

What is with these one-liners, all directed at yours truly? It is obvious that you are a sub-par poster, trying to make your way into the top tier of posters, and trying to get attention for yourself by taking me on? Butt, you do not have the gravitas, and in fact, I am starting to wonder if your posts are not being ghost-written by the leftie, SuperFreak, who I ran off of here with, his tail, between his legs, this morning?

At 140k per year, not being able to afford child care would say you are handling your money wrong or it's not a priority for you. Fine, find a 'baby sitter' for $2.50 an hour. Good luck!

I did NOT say you couldn't afford it. I said: Even if you're household is earning $140K a year - $12K just for child care during the day is pretty expensive.

I assume you are attempting to be sarcastic here, but there is a LOT of truth in your above comment. People do tend to want their toys at the expense of not having enough coin to cover the necessities. All for the sake of keeping up with the Jones.

Not really being sarcastic it is truth.
Among poor people here the most important things are a TV and cool pickup truck or some vehicle.

This guy is cracking me up... he truly thinks very highly of himself, despite the third grade antics and "reasoning" he uses. Somebody fess up... who is using this troll to emulate their perception of a con?

His impression is on the money. Although.......I haven't seen Darla in a while......

What is with these one-liners, all directed at yours truly? It is obvious that you are a sub-par poster, trying to make your way into the top tier of posters, and trying to get attention for yourself by taking me on? Butt, you do not have the gravitas, and in fact, I am starting to wonder if your posts are not being ghost-written by the leftie, SuperFreak, who I ran off of here with, his tail, between his legs, this morning?

ROFLMAO.... I have been here most of the day tool. Your childish antics are hardly going to run anyone off. I am truly curious as to who your normal identity is. You are so nutty, you have to be a liberal trying to act like a conservative. There really is no other explanation.

Umm don't flatter yourself.

LOL I love the typos.

His impression is on the money. Although.......I haven't seen Darla in a while......

Riiiiiiight... His impression of a liberal impersonating a con is on the money. But not his impression of a con.

hmmm... good point about Darla... she has tended to be absent while this tool is around.... then again... it could be YOU.

ROFLMAO.... I have been here most of the day tool. Your childish antics are hardly going to run anyone off. I am truly curious as to who your normal identity is. You are so nutty, you have to be a liberal trying to act like a conservative. There really is no other explanation.

You should become a detective. :rolleyes:

so... you have been playing the part of the fool today??? Did ya just miss Dixie so much that ya had to emulate him?

cwazy wabbit.

This was Beefy?? And he let me get the blame? You know, I was thinking that he might be a fun guy to have sex with, if we ever have our board get together, but that is sooo off now.

And of course, you were right there SF. Oh yeah, it's probably Darla. Nice I can't even do some work and not get blamed for everything that happens around here!

I am filing a complaint with Damo.

This was Beefy?? And he let me get the blame? You know, I was thinking that he might be a fun guy to have sex with, if we ever have our board get together, but that is sooo off now.

And of course, you were right there SF. Oh yeah, it's probably Darla. Nice I can't even do some work and not get blamed for everything that happens around here!

I am filing a complaint with Damo.

It is actually me. Yes, yes, I know. Hard to believe such a stand-up poster as myself could resort to such antics, but even I have a little troll in me.

Back