US women dying younger than their mothers

Not knowing what the term "olden days" refers to, I would agree and statistics show that the number of people smoking has dropped by more than half, from a high of about 44% in the 1950s to about 21% now.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109048/us-smoking-rate-still-coming-down.aspx

I was thinking of movies from the '30s and '40s , and how everyone smoked in them. Laurence Olivier had a cigarette named after him.

4b74b34dc668e_95848n.jpg

Women today in general? Stress and diet. Obesity.

Women in the regions named in the article? Add corn. Corn does have Omegas..but Omega 6 instead of Omega 3. Omega 3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory. Omega 6's are the opposite...they encourage cell growth (and consequently cancer and inflammation.). I have cut corn out of my diet as much as possible, even tho I like it. Just have it occasionally....corn chips with salsa are tough to replace.

Cut it out of my animals' diets too...horses, dogs, and hens. I really believe that the reason so many dogs develop tumors as they age...esp some breeds with higher fat reserves....is because dog food's main ingredient is corn. Never again in my house.

The main reason I am confused is because Onceler and Superfreak said I was a moron for not accepting the fact that people are living much longer and are about to take leaps into a sci-fi level life span of 150 years or more, and that this is why SS is unsustainable...

I mean, I know this can't be, but if I didn't know that it just couldn't be, sometimes I would think they didn't know what the fuck they were talking about?

The premise of this thread, as is typical with anything dimwitted Democrats post, is false. The data has always shown that women typically outlive their men and not the other way around.

The article isnt about women outliving men. They still do. It's about women of the previous generation(s) outliving women of the current generation.

I doubt workplace contamination affects many people of either gender, unless it's in manufacturing...and we know that hardly even happens in the US anymore <sarcasm>.

But sitting in traffic and inhaling exhaust fumes for hrs a day? I'd bet that's killing people...and if more women are in the workplace than previous generations....more are exposed.

I doubt workplace contamination affects many people of either gender, unless it's in manufacturing...and we know that hardly even happens in the US anymore <sarcasm>.

But sitting in traffic and inhaling exhaust fumes for hrs a day? I'd bet that's killing people...and if more women are in the workplace than previous generations....more are exposed.

Yes, it is killing us so badly that life expectancy has only increased by 39% from the 1800's for 30 year old white males and 46.3% for 30 year old white females. :rolleyes:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005140.html

Life expectancy is still going up for woman overall.
The article is pointing out that poor woman, not so Much.

I didn't know they tracked life expectancy rates by income; could you link us to that data? But with common sense, something you do not have, one canm deduce that life expectancy is always enhanced by income.

The idiot claims contained in the thread premise are laughably ignorant.

I am sure that now with Obamascare, poor people will flock to their doctors to receive preventative care and stop eating really bad food, stop smoking and stop drinking. ;)

I didn't know they tracked life expectancy rates by income; could you link us to that data? But with common sense, something you do not have, one canm deduce that life expectancy is always enhanced by income. The idiot claims contained in the thread premise are laughably ignorant. I am sure that now with Obamascare, poor people will flock to their doctors to receive preventative care and stop eating really bad food, stop smoking and stop drinking. ;)

Why not just appoint Michelle Obama Czar of How We Must Live and she will tell us what we can and cannot do?

Back