Vacation location

Sounds cool.

When you go to Guam, make sure to visit the water falls. They are not tall and majestic like the northwest falls, but you can slide down them like a water park, well almost...

Just cover your family heirlooms and you'll be just fine. And btw, even little kids enjoy it.
...and stay away from the Japanese and Korean tourist. They seem to be a bit hostile towards Americans. Ypao beach park is pretty cool and you'd like Asan Beach national park and visit the war museum there. Also rent a motor bike or a bicycle. It's a hell of a lot easier to get around on Guam on a motorbike or bicycle than in a car. If you got some serious money to spend then take a fishing or dive tour.

I want to go hiking in Switzerland. It's fucking beautiful there!

suiza_1280x643_b7c19152.jpg

Would love that, take a month off...:) I'm looking @ doing the rim trail around Tahoe this spring, summer & fall & squeeze in Shasta & WHitney, hopefully..

All I'm doing is expecting from others what they expect from me. How is that being an ass?

I think what most other posters are expecting is for you to stfu w/ the kid stuff & pretend to be civil or stay off the off topic.....:|

Would love that, take a month off...:) I'm looking @ doing the rim trail around Tahoe this spring, summer & fall & squeeze in Shasta & WHitney, hopefully..

That's awesome! I hope you make it out there. I hear Lake Tahoe is beautiful, been wanting to hike around there myself. Before anything I really want to hike the Appalachian Trail though, I'm looking at trying to thru-hike it over the summer if I can balance my finances right for it.

I want to go hiking in Switzerland. It's fucking beautiful there!

You would love it. My middle daughter and her husband went to Paris and then took the train to Suisse last year. They stayed in a beautiful Air BnB and hiked and vegged and dined and took photos. So many photos. Here is one from one of their hikes, her husband (Mr. I Love Dangling My Fear of Heights Self on the Edge of a Cliff).

pSaVYkc.jpg

Three yrs. of working and living in Bavaria was an experience better than a vacation. Skied all over the Alps, more places than I can remember but mostly Austria, summers not too hot usually in the high 70's, once had a heatwave in the 80's that lasted 6 weeks. Even the town I lived in (Kitzingen) was a postcard.
Best of all that's where I met my wife!

I'm so envious -- Bavaria, the Alps, and Switzerland are on my bucket list to visit. I used to be fluent in German.... planning a trip would give me incentive to recover that.

Visited Tahoe with the parental units when I was 16, in the late 60s, have never gone back... yet. My still-living brother will be 75 this year; he sojourned there in his younger days. That is where he wants his ashes scattered. It is a spirit-filled eye-candy soul-satisfying place. I hope it is still so.

PS--Even if your mom yells at you about bacteria, drink a palm-full of water from the Truckee.

I'm so envious -- Bavaria, the Alps, and Switzerland are on my bucket list to visit. I used to be fluent in German.... planning a trip would give me incentive to recover that.
Had the time of my life! Skied in die Schweiz, France, Italy, Liechtenstein, Germany and Slovenia. Summers were mild and I learned to white water kayak on the Loisach river in the German Alps outside of Garmisch-Partenkirchen which I knew like the back of my hand I spent so much time there!
index.jpgkayak.jpg
Golf in the Alps is an experience too!

Had the time of my life! Skied in die Schweiz, France, Italy, Liechtenstein, Germany and Slovenia. Summers were mild and I learned to white water kayak on the Loisach river in the German Alps outside of Garmisch-Partenkirchen which I knew like the back of my hand I spent so much time there!

Golf in the Alps is an experience too!

You must be super athletic! What were the ppl like, did you get along okay? Any language issues?

Back