Vienna Nazi art show seeks to address WWII leg=Despicable part of history.

What percentage of humanity fits those categories?

Once you get past the JPP crackheads, a large portion of humanity is scratching by at a subsistence level and are just working too hard to brush up on their Aristotle and Plato.

The Pink Floyd song comfortably numb also comes into play. Some people are satisfied with a trivial life absent any sort of deeper contemplation. I like to veg out myself, but I leave it to the psychologists to explain the genuinely trivial and comfortably numb life.

Translation: you don't actually have any reputable studies on the number of deaths, you are just pulling numbers out of your ass that you saw on blogs or blurted out by Sean Hannity.

That is a terrible way to do history. It doesn't even qualify as legitimate historical study.

Stone's is a common story when it comes to Trump fans; the sound bites, the hate, the denial of facts. Unlike most Trump fans, especially those on JPP, he's rich.
No splash back for him. :thup:

Stone's is a common story when it comes to Trump fans; the sound bites, the hate, the denial of facts. Unlike most Trump fans, especially those on JPP, he's rich.
No splash back for him. :thup:

You would hope most most intelligent people would not rely on Sean Hannity for historical knowledge

Once you get past the JPP crackheads, a large portion of humanity is scratching by at a subsistence level and are just working too hard to brush up on their Aristotle and Plato.

The Pink Floyd song comfortably numb also comes into play. Some people are satisfied with a trivial life absent any sort of deeper contemplation. I like to veg out myself, but I leave it to the psychologists to explain the genuinely trivial and comfortably numb life.

Like biologists, psychologists look at root causes. In psychology, that often means root motivations.

What is common to all mammals? Survival and reproduction? Isn't that the Prime Directive of all living organisms?

All the Darwinism aside, when it comes to the naked ape, the top species of the planet, understanding why people do things is interesting to me. Why they make some choices over others. Mostly as a group such as studying history, but also individuals.

Consider the psychological aspects of rulers like Napoleon, Hitler, Franco, Somoza and Trump. It's not just their individual psychology that's interesting, but the social circumstances that allowed such people to rise to power.

Like biologists, psychologists look at root causes. In psychology, that often means root motivations.

What is common to all mammals? Survival and reproduction? Isn't that the Prime Directive of all living organisms?

All the Darwinism aside, when it comes to the naked ape, the top species of the planet, understanding why people do things is interesting to me. Why they make some choices over others. Mostly as a group such as studying history, but also individuals.

Consider the psychological aspects of rulers like Napoleon, Hitler, Franco, Somoza and Trump. It's not just their individual psychology that's interesting, but the social circumstances that allowed such people to rise to power.

Nazi Germany had a program to get rid of the undesirables. While it might work in theory, the undesirable genes still flow through them. And we've had many undesirables contributing to society.

Weird how that works.

Plus they would have considered me undesirable.

http://gupress.gallaudet.edu/reviews/DPHErevw2.html

Fyodor Dostoevsky's novel The Brothers Karamazov has an entire chapter devoted to a parable about Jesus coming to 16th century Spain, and meeting the grand inquisitor of the Spanish inquisition. Jesus is blamed by the Inquisitor for giving humans free will, because humans will choose safety and comfort over freedom and liberty in most cases.

Nazi Germany had a program to get rid of the undesirables. While it might work in theory, the undesirable genes still flow through them. And we've had many undesirables contributing to society.

Weird how that works.

Some people choose poorly....like Hitler and his Aryan Assholes. ;)

4dz591.jpg

Fyodor Dostoevsky's novel The Brothers Karamazov has an entire chapter devoted to a parable about Jesus coming to 16th century Spain, and meeting the grand inquisitor of the Spanish inquisition. Jesus is blamed by the Inquisitor for giving humans free will, because humans will choose safety and comfort over freedom and liberty in most cases.

Heard of it, never read it. Is there a Prometheus aspect to it too? Luciferian?

That said, I agree. Look at Europe. ;)

Re the bolded; I've had disagreements with others on this forum about whether or not man has free will. I believe we do, within limits. What is your view?

Re the bolded; I've had disagreements with others on this forum about whether or not man has free will. I believe we do, within limits. What is your view?

The parable:
Spanish inquisition is working on behalf of Satan.

The Grand Inquisitor tells Jesus if he wanted humans to be free he should have done it by divine intervention. By giving humans free will, he claims Jesus fucked up because humans generally willfully choose to follow orders and submit to authority, if given safety and direction.

I used to think free will was self evident. Now I am a little agnostic about it after listening to some physicists and neuroscientists. Apparently, experimental data suggest many of our day to day decisions arise subconsciously in our brain before we even consciously think about it or act on it.

Of course. The story of Satan tempting Adam and Eve is as old as hell itself. Zeus was angry at Prometheus for bringing the fire to humankind.

BTW, two angels guarding the Garden of Eden with their flaming swords. Sounds familiar?

Back