Virginia now a blue state...

I guess TEA partiers are no longer going to get funded. Finally, the grownups in the Republican party are reigning in the TEA.

Obviously your masters have decided that particular gang of weirdoes are not worth financing. It indicates how half-baked capitalist are that they ever supposed they were.

1) I don't have masters, I detest the two parties and the constant disregard for the best interest of the country and its people in order to further their individual careers.

2) My point to Garud is that it is patently ignorant to proclaim a state like VA as solid for either party. It shows a clear lack of understanding of the demographics of that state. A far right nut lost by only 2.4%. That should tell everyone that a moderate Rep most certainly would have stood a good chance of winning that election. Hence, it is NOT solid blue as Garud pretended.

1) I don't have masters, I detest the two parties and the constant disregard for the best interest of the country and its people in order to further their individual careers.

2) My point to Garud is that it is patently ignorant to proclaim a state like VA as solid for either party. It shows a clear lack of understanding of the demographics of that state. A far right nut lost by only 2.4%. That should tell everyone that a moderate Rep most certainly would have stood a good chance of winning that election. Hence, it is NOT solid blue as Garud pretended.

Its been 13 years since the people of Virginia have cast a national vote for a Republican President, and now an anti-gun, pro-life, pro-Obamacare, self proclaimed best friend of the Clintons has gotten himself elected Governor. I'm ready to call it a blue state.

an anti-gun, pro-life, pro-Obamacare, self proclaimed best friend of the Clintons has gotten himself elected Governor. I'm ready to call it a blue state.

Does that mean you consider N J a 'red' state, Jughead?

1% of you own the rest, whose wages are falling, as you know. Since all you all went there for was money, it does raise questions, I thought! :)

Its been 13 years since the people of Virginia have cast a national vote for a Republican President, and now an anti-gun, pro-life, pro-Obamacare, self proclaimed best friend of the Clintons has gotten himself elected Governor. I'm ready to call it a blue state.

Where are you getting your 13 years from? Republicans won the state from '68 - '04. Obama won the state twice.

You can call it whatever you would like but in today's political vernacular Virginia is a purple state.

Where are you getting your 13 years from? Republicans won the state from '68 - '04. Obama won the state twice.

You can call it whatever you would like but in today's political vernacular Virginia is a purple state.

Sorry you are correct it was 5 years.

If Virginia is now solidly a blue state, and it appears it is, how do Republicans expect to win any national elections?

The Republicans shouldn't let a state that is infested with transplanted northeastern leftists and new south scalawags deter their plans.

They still have the solid south except for Florida which suffers under the same transplanted and scalawag handicap.

Unless the Republicans blow it and further distance themselves from the tea parties and they should have learned their lesson about that in the last general.

The Republicans shouldn't let a state that is infested with transplanted northeastern leftists and new south scalawags deter their plans.

They still have the solid south except for Florida which suffers under the same transplanted and scalawag handicap.

Unless the Republicans blow it and further distance themselves from the tea parties and they should have learned their lesson about that in the last general.

You can't win a national election with just the South.

You can't win a national election with just the South.

I heard that the libertarian in the race that drew just enough votes from the republican to give the old Clintonesta the win was no libertarian, he was a fraud and a Democratic plant.

I'm going to look into this today when I have a chance.

As a former Confederate state, I personally don't mind the Dems taking their shitty state back from the GOP. It's part of your history.

Back