Was Jesus soft?

Not a Muslim, but you sure are stupid.

Inherited or do you practice a lot?

Sure, Muslims are pretty much the only ones who claim Jesus was "just a prophet."

You're not exactly trust worthy - so believing you about anything would be foolish.

There was a right wing poster here a couple years ago that had some history of domestic abuse. I can’t remember his name, but he also got very defensive and hyperbolic when that suggestion arose. I recall him responding to me “it was in self defense” or similar shit.

Without mindless ad hominem, you Nazis would be utterly speechless. It's not like you can craft cogent arguments on the issues....

There is no evidence that Christ existed. He was made up like God was so they could get money, power, and control over the people.

There is no evidence that Christ existed. He was made up like God was so they could get money, power, and control over the people.

That's absolute bullshit. The person Jesus did in fact exist. That's rarely questioned by people with connected brain stems. Whether or not he was who he claimed to be is a different matter.

They've never set foot on a college campus, have you?

You really are quite stupid.

There were a lot of Muslims at the universities I went to. Cal Poly has a Mosque on campus.

It occurs to me that with your dual curse, that of being poorly educated and intellectually handicapped, you probably don't know what a straw man fallacy is, despite your clinging to the one you so foolishly post.

R.14e03bff2f3d2af5858b73b2e00afa7f

Sure, Muslims are pretty much the only ones who claim Jesus was "just a prophet."

You're not exactly trust worthy - so believing you about anything would be foolish.

Naw, Biblical scholars know that Jesus never referred to himself as God nor any deity. Merely one who thought the end was near and went about trying to prepare them for that.

Stupid fucks like you were the ones that deified him. If there is a God, he ain’t it and he never claimed to be.

Naw, Biblical scholars know that Jesus never referred to himself as God nor any deity. Merely one who thought the end was near and went about trying to prepare them for that.

Stupid fucks like you were the ones that deified him. If there is a God, he ain’t it and he never claimed to be.

"I and the Father are one." How do you interpret that?

"I and the Father are one." How do you interpret that?

I don’t. What you’ll have to do is your own homework on the ACTUAL words used, not the translations which came about decades or more later, the context, whether “Father” meant God, on and on. And especially whether King James, which you depend on, got ANYTHING right.

I can say “my father and I are one” meaning family, clan, etc.

Agreed.

Let's not forget that the canonized Bible was cherry-picked to send a message. Being "one with God" was very Buddhist-like in it's concept of oneness.

Examples:
https://www.openbible.info/topics/being_one_with_god
1 Corinthians 6:17
But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.

John 14:20
In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

John 17:20-23
“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?

1 Corinthians 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,

I don’t. What you’ll have to do is your own homework on the ACTUAL words used, not the translations which came about decades or more later, the context, whether “Father” meant God, on and on. And especially whether King James, which you depend on, got ANYTHING right.

I can say “my father and I are one” meaning family, clan, etc.

Jesus is saying he and God are one. Pretty easy to comprehend.

Jesus is saying he and God are one. Pretty easy to comprehend.

The gospels were written long after Jesus died. By people who never met him. By people who didn’t even speak Aramaic. They are STORIES, not facts. Attributions.

If you wish to believe that’s what he said, great. Knock yourself out. Biblical scholars disagree.

It's a side discussion - but personally, I believe that Jesus was saying he was god, and beyond that, ALL of us are god.

But the medieval guys wanted to make Jesus a deity, and didn't want the commoners to think they were more powerful than they perceived themselves to be.

Just my take.

The gospels were written long after Jesus died. By people who never met him. By people who didn’t even speak Aramaic. They are STORIES, not facts. Attributions.

If you wish to believe that’s what he said, great. Knock yourself out. Biblical scholars disagree.

Tired of your constant hostility. Back to ignore.

ROFL

[FONT=&quot][h=3]John 8:58 ESV / 1,808 helpful votes [/h]Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][h=3]John 10:30 ESV / 1,775 helpful votes [/h]I and the Father are one.”

You won't say that Jesus never existed, because you need him to be a "prophet" to justify Muhammad.

But the Romans, those obsessive, compulsive record keepers, never once mentioned him. They sure mentioned Saul of Tarsus - that is Paul, spoiler alert - they didn't like him. But Jesus of Nazareth? Not a single word. Funny that the Romans would execute a political dissident in Judea at a time of upheaval that saw Pilate removed in AD 26 (7 years prior to the alleged crucifixion) due to tensions with the Jews, yet no scribe ever mentioned his name.

Funny that...
[/FONT]

It's a side discussion - but personally, I believe that Jesus was saying he was god, and beyond that, ALL of us are god.

But the medieval guys wanted to make Jesus a deity, and didn't want the commoners to think they were more powerful than they perceived themselves to be.

Just my take.

My take: Ancient Jewish religion with no relevance to our own time.

Back