'We have broken speed of light'

No, it is a real wall...

It would take all the energy in the universe to accelerate something to the speed of light. To go faster than the speed of light, you have to have more energy than all the energy and mass in the universe.

In theory....

You REALLY don't have any idea what you're talking about?

What is a fact, Doniston, if you lower even things like the THEORY of gravity to the level of hypothesis?
Yaw, I kind of think i do. and if you don't agree, try this for size:

di·men·sion

–noun 1. Mathematics. a. a property of space; extension in a given direction: A straight line has one dimension, a parallelogram has two dimensions, and a parallelepiped has three dimensions.
b. the generalization of this property to spaces with curvilinear extension, as the surface of a sphere.
c. the generalization of this property to vector spaces and to Hilbert space.
d. the generalization of this property to fractals, which can have dimensions that are noninteger real numbers.
e. extension in time: Space-time has three dimensions of space and one of time.

2. Usually, dimensions. a. measurement in length, width, and thickness.
b. scope; importance: the dimensions of a problem.

Yaw, I kind of think i do. and if you don't agree, try this for size:

di·men·sion

–noun 1. Mathematics. a. a property of space; extension in a given direction: A straight line has one dimension, a parallelogram has two dimensions, and a parallelepiped has three dimensions.
b. the generalization of this property to spaces with curvilinear extension, as the surface of a sphere.
c. the generalization of this property to vector spaces and to Hilbert space.
d. the generalization of this property to fractals, which can have dimensions that are noninteger real numbers.
e. extension in time: Space-time has three dimensions of space and one of time.

2. Usually, dimensions. a. measurement in length, width, and thickness.
b. scope; importance: the dimensions of a problem.

That's a dictionary definition, not a scientific explanation, Doniston. Try not to confuse the two in the future.

No, it is a real wall...

It would take all the energy in the universe to accelerate something to the speed of light. To go faster than the speed of light, you have to have more energy than all the energy and mass in the universe.
In the words of another poster "I CALL "BS"

Well we do have light years that are a measure of distance.

I dunno AHZ, that is Einstein stuff and I don't even have a college degree.

Well we do have light years that are a measure of distance.

I dunno AHZ, that is Einstein stuff and I don't even have a college degree.

But that is different. A light year is a measure of distance. The speed of light is not a measure of time. If this retard jumped off a cliff would you be close behind?

Friom what I gather Einstein thought time and speed of light were linked. Ie if you travel at the speed of llight time stands still for you. Now that is just what I have been taught , but it is all theory since I have not traveled over a few hundred mph.

Friom what I gather Einstein thought time and speed of light were linked. Ie if you travel at the speed of llight time stands still for you. Now that is just what I have been taught , but it is all theory since I have not traveled over a few hundred mph.

Regardless of that theory, and even in explaining that theory, the speed of light is still a SPEED , not a measure of time. Quit being an idiotic douche.

Back