'We have broken speed of light'

I break the speed of light racing for the Rest Room everytime I have a 'Irish Red' beer..that stuff goes thru ya really fast...........:cof1:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light
The speed of light in vacuum is an important physical constant denoted by the letter c for constant or the Latin word celeritas meaning "swiftness".[1] It is the speed of all electromagnetic radiation, including visible light, in a vacuum. More generally, it is the speed of anything with zero rest mass.

In metric units, c is exactly 299,792,458 metres per second (1,079,252,848.8 km/h).[2] The fundamental SI unit of length, the metre, has been defined since October 21, 1983, as the distance light travels in a vacuum in 1/299,792,458 of a second; any increase in the precision of the measurement of the speed of light would refine the definition of the metre, but not alter the numerical value of c. The approximate value of 3×108 m/s is commonly used in rough estimates. In imperial units, the speed of light is 983, 571, 056 feet per second, which is about 186,282.397 miles per second, or roughly one foot per nanosecond.

but according to some the faster you travel the slower time passes for you.
And if you hit the speed of light time stands still ?
or something like that.

I would not know have not gone that fast.

or something like that.

That doesn't mean the speed of light is a measure of time. speed is never time.

Words mean things.

or something like that.

I giess it it is time for me to treat you that same as I do RUS. but for different reasons. Your stupodity is absolutely boring. so this will be my last response to you until you start making sense. (That will likely take a long long time.)

EDITED: this post was intended as final response to ASSHAT's post 151. somehow it got mangled and posted your quote by accident. My heartfelt appologies.

Last edited:
I giess it it is time for me to treat you that same as I do RUS. but for different reasons. Your stupodity is absolutely boring. so this will be my last response to you until you start making sense. (That will likely take a long long time.)

HUH ? Well if that is what you want suits me. Just quoting einstein type theory. Don't want to make your head hurt old fella.

HUH ? Well if that is what you want suits me. Just quoting einstein type theory. Don't want to make your head hurt old fella.
I am very sorry for the mixup. I have nothing what-so-ever against you. and somehow your guote got placed where ASSHATs was supposed to be. my post was intended as fial response to him.---not to you

I didn't take time to read all this grbage. it isn't necessary. all you are spouting is theory, not proven fact.

Tho this isn't quite an accurate analogy, it is very close. (You can't prove a negative" Or prove something exists that doesn't.) Such is time. as an entity it doesn't exist, it is simply a measurement.

You REALLY don't have any idea what you're talking about?

What is a fact, Doniston, if you lower even things like the THEORY of gravity to the level of hypothesis?

That is theoretical, not actual. and it doesn't make the least bit of sense to me. The speed of light is mearly a measurement of time, like a minute, hour, etc. it is not a real wall.

No, it is a real wall...

It would take all the energy in the universe to accelerate something to the speed of light. To go faster than the speed of light, you have to have more energy than all the energy and mass in the universe.

or something like that.

And... that has nothing to do with the speed of light. Only objects travelling at the speed of light. It in no way makes the speed of light a measurment of time.

Back