What happens if Trump is convicted in hush-money trial?

Do you believe Trump will be convicted?

• Total voters
Gats to the people who were correct in their prediction.

May 30th is a day to remember. The bitching by Trump on television is certain to become more shrill.

1717122518821.png1717122524032.png
GW3mZgb.jpg

Found guilty of what?
34 felonies. Have you ever sat on a jury? I have and it is a humbling experience that you are convinced by the court to take it seriously. You don't get a unanaimous verdict inside of one day unless everyone agrees the evidence is overwhelming. I'm sure that jury was not all democrats out to hang Trump regardless of what the Trump Nazi would like to think. Your hero was fucking guilty.

I never get called any more because when I say my daughter is the prosecuter in the next county I'm immediately excused. :)

Unfortunately, aren't most, if not all, the same charges, just 34 different instances? Not a lawyer, but it appears it's an all or nothing thing. Maybe if some had better documentation that the others?

FWIW, I'm predicting a hung jury at best. I hope he's convicted, but not sure there's enough evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt.
The evidence was simply overwhelming. If you took the job as juror seriously you could not possibly have argued for an aquittal unless you were a die hard trumper. it was obvious Trump hid that payment as a business expense which was "fraud" and it was also obvious that he made that payment to further his chances of being elected. That's "tax and campaign violations" making the offense a felony, 34 times.

Are you saying that if you rob 5 banks you shoud only be charged for one count?

The evidence was simply overwhelming. If you took the job as juror seriously you could not possibly have argued for an aquittal unless you were a die hard trumper. it was obvious Trump hid that payment as a business expense which was "fraud" and it was also obvious that he made that payment to further his chances of being elected. That's "tax and campaign violations" making the offense a felony, 34 times.

Are you saying that if you rob 5 banks you shoud only be charged for one count?
Agreed on juror. The problem, as often happens, is that the public doesn't see everything the jury sees.

No.

Just the dummies and liars claim they don't know what the charges are.

I'm currently watching "Judgment at Nuremberg" to remind me what it's like to live under a racist authoritarian regime. I'm waiting to see all of those charged to start claiming the court is rigged, the judge isn't white and that it's a witch-hunt.

8s8mqg.gif

The film explores the complicity of the German people in the crimes committed by the state, including the atrocities of the Holocaust.
The Allies did, in some cases, get hoisted by their own petard. In the case of SS officer Otto Skorzeny, the Nazi equivalent of Wild Bill Donovan of the US OSS and Britian's "White Rabbit" Fredrick Yeo-Thomas, the latter was brought in as a witness for the defense who attested that all the things Skorzeny was accused of were things Allied spies and saboteurs did too. That ended the trial on the spot.

The Allies weren't about to try their own agents for the stuff Skorzeny did too...

As a jury deliberates on former President Donald Trump’s criminal hush money charges in New York, 2 in 3 registered U.S. voters say a guilty verdict would have no effect on whom they plan to vote for in the presidential election, according to a PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist poll.

Overall, 67 percent of voters said a conviction would make no difference for them in November, including 74 percent of independents. That’s a significantly higher number than the percentage of either Republicans or Democrats who said it wouldn’t change their vote.

In fact, 25 percent of Republicans said they would be even more likely to vote for Trump if he were found guilty by a jury, while 27 percent of Democrats said they would be less likely to vote for him – a split that underscores hardened partisan perspectives on candidate Trump.

That means that it WOULD make a difference to 33%. That’s a significant number.

Think about what that 67% means. It means those people were going to vote FOR Trump or AGAINST Trump, regardless. It goes both ways. My vote, your vote and the vote of maybe 40-45% of the country wasn’t going to change. Not Trump. So, that 67% isn’t as dismaying as it seems.

May 30th is a day to remember. The bitching by Trump on television is certain to become more shrill.

View attachment 26614View attachment 26615
GW3mZgb.jpg
Yes and he will start to turn many who may have voted for him away. He will come out saying stupid shit like using the military to deport millions of people living and working in this country. Who knows what the asshole will say next. He seems to want to do nothing but make his Nazi's more fervent than ever while disregarding everyone else. They only get one vote each and he has turned so many off that he doesn't stand a chance. The republican convention will be a real gas, nominating their convicted felon to run when the shithead can't even travel to Canada or Mexico because his criminal record prevents him from going there.

That means that it WOULD make a difference to 33%. That’s a significant number.

Think about what that 67% means. It means those people were going to vote FOR Trump or AGAINST Trump, regardless. It goes both ways. My vote, your vote and the vote of maybe 40-45% of the country wasn’t going to change. Not Trump. So, that 67% isn’t as dismaying as it seems.
If only half of that 33% decided to not vote for Trump we would have the biggest landslide in history. Presidential elections are now determined by a few percent, if 5% of republicans don't vote for him he will lose.

What happens? Apparently it begins a full on movement that will be tougher to beat than Trump would normally be to beat.

What happens? Apparently it begins a full on movement that will be tougher to beat than Trump would normally be to beat.
Not according to the most recent polling, but we will see.
Agreed. We, the People, still need to see the debate, the conventions and what the candidates do in between now and prior to voting....which will come early for those voting by mail but the results won't be known until Guy Fawkes Day. :)

8oawoi.gif

Well, we now know...

Trump raises huge new globs of cash to run for President
His polling numbers improve.

Biden tanks in the polls...

If only half of that 33% decided to not vote for Trump we would have the biggest landslide in history. Presidential elections are now determined by a few percent, if 5% of republicans don't vote for him he will lose.
The problem is for Democrats, that they are giving Republicans and independents a solid reason to vote, and NOT vote Democrat. Voters who are motivated are more likely to vote. On the flip side, only the Left for the Democrats is truly motivated to vote this time. Most Democrats are ambivalent about voting for a corrupt, doddering, fool who has tanked the economy and adopted foreign policies they disagree with.

Back