What I personally believe in regard to the Obama Legitimacy Question

Lying? Where? Habitually? I think you make things up as your go. Please prove this point you have made.

I agree with Zappa, Damo has changed his tune on this number and is now trying to show he didn't. I saw Damo as being a birther, too and now find it hilarious that he is trying to prove he wasn't one, he was just a little curious! Ahahahahahaha

I threw the cackle in for the "girls", they do love it!

Interesting. Although I clearly stated throughout the years that we would see a long-form birth certificate and that I believed he was born in Hawaii you still just "assumed" that I was something that I was not, and you think that is what Zappa is saying here? That he "thought" I was a birther... Seriously? This is what you got out of this thread?

Actually it matters not, this is basically the same thing as Obama whipping out the long form. Some of you will assume I believe stuff just because I am Conservative without regard to what I say and do. I'm good with that, but you shouldn't make fun of any birther that remains a birther now, it really would be the pot calling the kettle black.

Interesting. Although I clearly stated throughout the years that we would see a long-form birth certificate and that I believed he was born in Hawaii you still just "assumed" that I was something that I was not, and you think that is what Zappa is saying here? That he "thought" I was a birther... Seriously? This is what you got out of this thread?

Actually it matters not, this is basically the same thing as Obama whipping out the long form. Some of you will assume I believe stuff just because I am Conservative without regard to what I say and do. I'm good with that, but you shouldn't make fun of any birther that remains a birther now, it really would be the pot calling the kettle black.

And you know, it's because NOT A ONCE did you ever wonder what Obama "was hiding" with regards to his BC, that makes you so believable this time around.

And you know, it's because NOT A ONCE did you ever wonder what Obama "was hiding" with regards to his BC, that makes you so believable this time around.

Which, of course, according to your original definition of "birther" doesn't prove me a "birther". Nor were you successful in finding one post that I said that Obama was ineligible. Mostly because I never said that.

\

Why shouldn't I make fun of birthers or those who asked to see the long form of this President's birth certificate. It was and always will be ridiculous and an issue that should not have been an issue to begin with, his mother was a US citizen and that gave him his legitimacy, no matter where he was born.

Why shouldn't I make fun of birthers or those who asked to see the long form of this President's birth certificate. It was and always will be ridiculous and an issue that should not have been an issue to begin with, his mother was a US citizen and that gave him his legitimacy, no matter where he was born.

That wouldn't be true with the laws of the time, which required a certain amount of time after the age of 14 (yes it specifically stated after her 14th birthday she must live x amount of time) for a woman to live consecutively in the US before she could automatically pass on citizenship if he was born outside the us, the time constraint made it impossible for an 18 year old woman to pass on citizenship solely from her.. she would have had to live consecutively in the US until she was 19 (five years) but it truly matters not. He was born in the US, he could have been born to illegals and he would be a citizen.

I also wondered why it would matter if he claimed secondary citizenship elsewhere, there is no law that would take away the US citizenship if he gained citizenship concurrently elsewhere. So all the "we need to see the college application" dudes are wasting their time.

I definitely was curious to see why somebody would spend thousands on a defense not to show a document we have all provided at one time or another throughout our lifetimes, but never did I assume or suggest we wouldn't see the document or that I thought he was born other than in Hawaii.

I believe that many who are curious believe that the document that was released could be incorrect and that the release of the original document would relieve that curiosity. Basically the "curious" are asking why the person holding the only job that requires specific citizenship requirements is reticent and would spend money to pay lawyers to stave off a glimpse at the one record they've all had to produce at some point in their life.

If it looks like a duck, quacks, and swims, it may just be a duck.

If a person appears to be hiding something, then acts to continue to repress something simple like this, it seems to many that there is a nefarious reason for that reticence.

Basically what I am saying is that the evidence itself would simply shut off most of this curiosity and very quickly. Sure there'd be a few nuts left (actual nuts, not the kind that are simply curious)...

I guess it was posts like these that made me think you a little more than just curious!

You always added the disclaimers to CYA!

To make it seem you just questioned, but weren't an outright birther! But in private, what did you think, he he and what would you tell your other conservative leaning buddies?

That wouldn't be true with the laws of the time, which required a certain amount of time after the age of 14 (yes it specifically stated after her 14th birthday she must live x amount of time) for a woman to live consecutively in the US before she could automatically pass on citizenship if he was born outside the us, the time constraint made it impossible for an 18 year old woman to pass on citizenship solely from her.. she would have had to live consecutively in the US until she was 19 (five years) but it truly matters not. He was born in the US, he could have been born to illegals and he would be a citizen.

I also wondered why it would matter if he claimed secondary citizenship elsewhere, there is no law that would take away the US citizenship if he gained citizenship concurrently elsewhere. So all the "we need to see the college application" dudes are wasting their time.

I definitely was curious to see why somebody would spend thousands on a defense not to show a document we have all provided at one time or another throughout our lifetimes, but never did I assume or suggest we wouldn't see the document or that I thought he was born other than in Hawaii.

It was probably insulting to have his citizenship questioned, I know I wouldn't release mine for just that reason. Why should I have to prove to people that I was legitimate, to me, it would be up to them to prove I wasn't!

Again, his mother was in the country long enough to have qualified him, so what is your point, exactly?

zappa gets more and more pathetic....because an urban slang word is not in merriam, then it can mean anything!! that is such nonsense it makes me wonder if he is retarded. "ho" is not in merriam and there isn't a person who would say "ho" means anything other than "whore".....but according to zappa, because it is not found in merriam....we can make up any definition we want for the word and change at will to suit our arguments.

for rizzle zappagetard....:palm:

definition of birther

nounbirthers are opponents of US President Barack Obama, who claim that he is not a 'natural born citizen' (not born in the USA)

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/open-dictionary/entries/birther.htm

birther
noun

a person who believes - against evidence - that Barack Obama was born outside of the United States.

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-of/birther

go and find a definition on the internet that supports your bullshit definition zappa....you can't....hence, why you make up your definitions as you go. you want to ignore that some words do not exist in regular dictionaries because they are slang.....you're either a retard or lying.....which is it?

Analysis: As stated above, Article II of the U.S. Constitution indeed specifies that only natural-born citizens are eligible for the office of the presidency:
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
Though the term "natural-born citizen" was left undefined by the Framers of the Constitution, it was broadly understood in English common law at the time as referring to one who possesses citizenship by virtue of the circumstances of their birth. That's still the general meaning of the phrase as it's used today.
In the United States there are two established principles upon which individuals are said to acquire citizenship at birth: jus sanguinus ("right of blood"), meaning citizenship conferred by being born to parents who are U.S. citizens, and jus soli ("right of soil"), meaning citizenship conferred by being born on U.S. soil. Per the Fourteenth Amendment, which states that "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside," individuals born on U.S. soil are considered "birthright citizens" regardless of the citizenship status of their parents.
Citizenship status of Barack Obama's parents
The forwarded email asserts that because Obama's Kenyan father wasn't a U.S. citizen, and because his mother, who was a citizen, didn't fulfill the supposed legal requirement of "resid[ing] in the United States for at least ten years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16," Obama himself was therefore not a citizen at birth.
That is false on two counts:

1. Obama was born on U.S. soil — in Honolulu, Hawaii — and was therefore a citizen at birth by virtue of the Fourteenth Amendment (and the principle of jus soli).
  2. The stated residency requirement, in effect between 1952 and 1986, applied only to parents of individuals born outside the United States.
Therefore Barack Obama is, in fact, a U.S. citizen. But some still argue that he is not a natural-born citizen. The reasons have to do with the disputed meaning of the term "natural born" itself.
'Natural born' vs. 'native born'
In lawsuits challenging Obama's Constitutional eligibility it has been argued that while birth on U.S. soil confers "birthright" or "native-born" citizenship, it does not confer natural-born citizenship unless both parents are also U.S. citizens. Citing precedents they claim establish the Framers' intent to disqualify individuals who could possess dual nationality or dual allegiance by virtue of having a foreign national for a parent, these litigants assert that such an individual ought not to be regarded as a natural-born citizen eligible to hold the office of the presidency (see Leo D'Onofrio, "Why Obama Is Ineligible - Regardless of His Birthplace").
The distinction between "natural born" and "native born" is not universally accepted by Constitutional scholars as a crucial one, however. Short of a Supreme Court decision or legislative statute settling the matter, it remains but one way of interpreting a longstanding legal ambiguity concerning the eligibility clause. There are other interpretations, most notably that found in an analysis of Republican presidential candidate John McCain's standing as a natural-born citizen conducted by former U.S. Solicitor General Theodore Olson and Constitutional law professor Laurence Tribe in 2008. In their view, "based on the original meaning of the Constitution, the Framers' intentions, and subsequent legal precedent," either the fact of birth on U.S. soil or the fact of birth to parents who are U.S. citizens is independently sufficient to confer natural born status.

Which, of course, according to your original definition of "birther" doesn't prove me a "birther". Nor were you successful in finding one post that I said that Obama was ineligible. Mostly because I never said that.

How odd you don't mention all the times you "wondered what Obama was hiding" in your reply?

The lack of an expalnation further confirms your credentials as a birther.

But according to my more nuanced definition, you do in fact qualify as a birther.

zappa gets more and more pathetic....because an urban slang word is not in merriam, then it can mean anything!! that is such nonsense it makes me wonder if he is retarded. "ho" is not in merriam and there isn't a person who would say "ho" means anything other than "whore".....but according to zappa, because it is not found in merriam....we can make up any definition we want for the word and change at will to suit our arguments.

Amazing...really, just amazing.

You do realize there is in fact ANOTHER DEFINITION OF HOE and there are indeed MILLIONS of people on the planet who would give a different definition than the one you posted...ROTFLMAO!

for rizzle zappagetard....:palm:

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/open-dictionary/entries/birther.htm

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-of/birther

go and find a definition on the internet that supports your bullshit definition zappa....you can't....hence, why you make up your definitions as you go. you want to ignore that some words do not exist in regular dictionaries because they are slang.....you're either a retard or lying.....which is it?

Just as I thought...can't use the standard book everyone else uses to define words...ol Yurskin's now so desperate tosave face, he's gotta go with some ridiculous "slang" dictionary...ROTFLMAO!

Poor Yurskin! I never said I wanted to IGNORE certain slang words, just that rigid, inflexible people like you should realize that the definitions of certain slang words can be malleable. Continuous use will, over time, subtly reshape the definition of words ...you may not like it, but it's the truth.

How odd you don't mention all the times you "wondered what Obama was hiding" in your reply?

The lack of an explanation further confirms your credentials as a birther.

But according to my more nuanced definition, you do in fact qualify as a birther.

:good4u:

E=ZappasGuitar;809823]Amazing...really, just amazing.

You do realize there is in fact ANOTHER DEFINITION OF HOE and there are indeed MILLIONS of people on the planet who would give a different definition than the one you posted...ROTFLMAO!

good lord you are stupid....i said "ho" not "hoe" you ignoramous....
Just as I thought...can't use the standard book everyone else uses to define words...ol Yurskin's now so desperate tosave face, he's gotta go with some ridiculous "slang" dictionary...ROTFLMAO!

Poor Yurskin! I never said I wanted to IGNORE certain slang words, just that rigid, inflexible people like you should realize that the definitions of certain slang words can be malleable. Continuous use will, over time, subtly reshape the definition of words ...you may not like it, but it's the truth

you heard here folks....there are no slang word dictionaries that exist and slang words do not have a commonly understood urban meaning....if a word is not in the dictionary, you can make up your own definitions as you go....

conclusion --> zappa is a liar or a retard

I believe that many who are curious believe that the document that was released could be incorrect and that the release of the original document would relieve that curiosity. Basically the "curious" are asking why the person holding the only job that requires specific citizenship requirements is reticent and would spend money to pay lawyers to stave off a glimpse at the one record they've all had to produce at some point in their life.

If it looks like a duck, quacks, and swims, it may just be a duck.

If a person appears to be hiding something, then acts to continue to repress something simple like this, it seems to many that there is a nefarious reason for that reticence.

Basically what I am saying is that the evidence itself would simply shut off most of this curiosity and very quickly. Sure there'd be a few nuts left (actual nuts, not the kind that are simply curious)...

I guess it was posts like these that made me think you a little more than just curious!

You always added the disclaimers to CYA!

To make it seem you just questioned, but weren't an outright birther! But in private, what did you think, he he and what would you tell your other conservative leaning buddies?

No, I always added "disclaimers" because I was describing what people believed.

The lack of an expalnation further confirms your credentials as a birther.

I did wonder. I was astounded by the lack of curiosity in some of the "defend-Obama-at-all-costers"..

I have no shame in that and specifically have mentioned that was one of my predictions, out of many that panned out, that didn't. There was nothing embarrassing on the document. It was as innocuous as mine, that I've had to produce many times over my lifetime, including to join competitive soccer...

I did wonder. I was astounded by the lack of curiosity in some of the "defend-Obama-at-all-costers"..

I have no shame in that and specifically have mentioned that was one of my predictions, out of many that panned out, that didn't. There was nothing embarrassing on the document. It was as innocuous as mine, that I've had to produce many times over my lifetime, including to join competitive soccer...

For soccer it was to prove that you were the right age for your group and not a ringer...it wasn't to prove that you were an American citizen. I bet you would be insulted if someone came to your door and asked for your "papers" to prove your were a legal citizen. I know some on here would start firing on them for just such an invasion of privacy.

For soccer it was to prove that you were the right age for your group and not a ringer...it wasn't to prove that you were an American citizen. I bet you would be insulted if someone came to your door and asked for your "papers" to prove your were a legal citizen. I know some on here would start firing on them for just such an invasion of privacy.
To prove what again? My eligibility per an age requirement? Why wouldn't my COLB have worked? ;)

Nobody here gets upset about having to show their BC, we've all had to do it. This is what created the curiosity to begin with? What could possibly have been on something we all have to show at some point that would be that important? It turns out, nothing at all. This, of course, doesn't mean I thought it didn't exist. It's hard to get that from what I posted on the subject considering each time I predicted that at some point we'd see it and the birthers (everybody really) would be disappointed.

To prove what again? My eligibility per an age requirement? Why wouldn't my COLB have worked? ;)

Nobody here gets upset about having to show their BC, we've all had to do it. This is what created the curiosity to begin with? What could possibly have been on something we all have to show at some point that would be that important? It turns out, nothing at all. This, of course, doesn't mean I thought it didn't exist. It's hard to get that from what I posted on the subject considering each time I predicted that at some point we'd see it and the birthers (everybody really) would be disappointed.

I am sorry that you just don't get it, but you would if you were black and they were questions your legitimacy. I bet you would then understand. I, again, am sorry this is lost on you or that you are just being obtuse for the sake of argument.

Back