What I personally believe in regard to the Obama Legitimacy Question

I am sorry that you just don't get it, but you would if you were black and they were questions your legitimacy. I bet you would then understand. I, again, am sorry this is lost on you or that you are just being obtuse for the sake of argument.

This is the weakest part of the "defend him at all costs" argument. His opponent went through the same demands, the only difference is he released his on Hannity's site early on and quashed the question while Obama did not. Saying it is okay to demand it of a white guy, but you should treat a differently pigmented person differently is definitely not "judge not by the color of the skin", it is quite the opposite of that.

This is the weakest part of the "defend him at all costs" argument. His opponent went through the same demands, the only difference is he released his on Hannity's site early on and quashed the question while Obama did not. Saying it is okay to demand it of a white guy, but you should treat a differently pigmented person differently is definitely not "judge not by the color of the skin", it is quite the opposite of that.

Why is it, oh "curious" one, that you never seem to address the weakest point in the birther argument?

That President Obama did in fact provide the necessary documentation to prove he is a citizen?

Why is that?

Do you, or do you NOT agree that President Obama provided documentation and proved to those in positions of authority that he is indeed eligible to run for the office?

You are full of it if you think they went through the same thing. This would never have risen to the level it did if he was all white! You are in denial, yet, again. This is what it is and your trying to paint it differently is funny. I also think you wouldn't be as wiling to cooperate as you would have us believe it someone knocked on your door demanding you prove that you are a legal citizen. I know I would be outraged, but I like my freedom.

You speak of other candidates having to go through this, yet, no one ever proves it went to these extremes as in Obama's case.

We obviously aren't ever going to agree on this, I think it is a racial issue and you obviously don't. I am done here.

You are full of it if you think they went through the same thing. This would never have risen to the level it did if he was all white! You are in denial, yet, again. This is what it is and your trying to paint it differently is funny. I also think you wouldn't be as wiling to cooperate as you would have us believe it someone knocked on your door demanding you prove that you are a legal citizen. I know I would be outraged, but I like my freedom.

You speak of other candidates having to go through this, yet, no one ever proves it went to these extremes as in Obama's case.

We obviously aren't ever going to agree on this, I think it is a racial issue and you obviously don't. I am done here.

thats_racist_animated1.gif

Two men...one white/one black provide the necessary documentation to prove their citizenship and are eligible to become President.

EXCEPT that for the next two years, the white guy was given a pass while the black guy was continually hounded and subjected to baseless rumor and innuendo and eventually required to produce FURTHER DOCUMENTATION to prove to rumormongers that he is who he claims...and all due to baseless speculation and unfounded rumor.

Two men...one white/one black provide the necessary documentation to prove their citizenship and are eligible to become President.

EXCEPT that for the next two years, the white guy was given a pass while the black guy was continually hounded and subjected to baseless rumor and innuendo and eventually required to produce FURTHER DOCUMENTATION to prove to rumormongers that he is who he claims...and all due to baseless speculation and unfounded rumor.

thats_racist_animated1.gif

Actually, had he never provided his documents I say it would have, but we'll never know. He provided his long form documents it is the main difference between McCain's experience and Obama's.

I know you want to think it is a racial issue, and so you will regardless of anything that may have happened, but the reality is his opponent was the first to face those accusations. Saying it "wouldn't happen to a white guy" is disingenuous at best.

Actually, had he never provided his documents I say it would have, but we'll never know. He provided his long form documents it is the main difference between McCain's experience and Obama's.

I know you want to think it is a racial issue, and so you will regardless of anything that may have happened, but the reality is his opponent was the first to face those accusations. Saying it "wouldn't happen to a white guy" is disingenuous at best.

it is not merely disingenuous...it is factually not correct

chester a arthur

As usual...when he's not tossing out his standard issue taunts, he's ready with some ridiculous sound byte that doesn't even come close to "responding" to the point>

says the guy who insults every time you come here....

there is no point to respond to...your deep seated hatred and faux claim of racism is simply not true for the majority of people....there is nothing anyone can ever say to you that will change your mind. you want to believe it is racist, based on no facts, merely your feelings.

The difference? What I said at the beginning:

"If Obama wants to quash this, he'll do what McCain did and provide the long form document otherwise this will gain legs and grow, it will follow him, and the longer he holds out the more documents will be 'discovered' that he is 'trying to hide' from his past. It is inevitable that we will eventually see this document, and we'll likely be disappointed, but it will come out, he may as well end this now before it takes on a life of its own."

Of course at that point I had Ds telling me that it would never be an issue, and that my predictions were "crazy"... In this case my predictions panned out very well.

Back